- Linear Polarizer Filter
- 2.5x Filter Factor, +1.3 Stops
- Helps to Eliminate Reflections and Glare
- Reduces Haze in Landscapes
- Greater Color and Tonal Saturation
- ColorCore Technology
- Filter Pouch
The Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Linear Polarizer Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarized due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarizing filter arranges, and filters, this directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.
A linear polarizer differs from a circular polarizer in that it does not contain an additional quarter wave plane. The addition of a quarter wave plane is to circularly polarize linearly polarized light for the use of auto focus and exposure functions. Due to how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polarizer, in-camera auto focus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. When the light becomes circularly polarized, it permits the use of these functions.
This filter is recommended when not using in-camera exposure metering or autofocus. It is non-coated and delivers approximately 40% average light transmission.
Tiffen filters are made using ColorCore technology; a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch.
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Polarizing filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun.
- Recommended when not using in-camera exposure metering or autofocus.
- Approximately 40% average light transmission.
- 2.5x filter factor reduces exposure by 1.3 stops.
- Constructed using ColorCore technology.
- Filter Pouch for storage and transport.
|2.5 (1.3 Stop)
|4 x 5.65" (101.6 x 143.5 mm)
|0.2" (5 mm)
| Packaging Info
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)
|6.4 x 5.3 x 1.1"
In the Box
Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Linear Polarizer Filter
- Limited 10-Year Warranty
All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.