- Enables Use of ND Without IR Pollution
- Maintains Color Fidelity
- Ideal for HD Cameras
- ColorCore Water White Glass
The Tiffen 4 x 4" Full Spectrum IRND 0.6 Filter is a combination of both an infrared control filter and a 0.6 neutral density filter. An IRND is ideal for HD cameras, which have greater low-light sensitivity and, subsequently, an increased susceptibility to IR contamination. When using a standard neutral density filter to counter the increased light sensitivity afforded by the HD sensor, the effects of infrared pollution become more apparent. This filter combines an ND filter with a comparable IR control filter to eliminate the spill of infrared light reaching the sensor while still maintaining the extra exposure benefits of a neutral density filter.
This filter is constructed from Water White glass and is made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch. This filter measures 4 x 4" / 101.6 x 101.6mm.
- Infrared control filter helps to block infrared pollution from affecting the color fidelity of imagery; this enables a wider color gamut and truer colors, especially noticeable in the darker regions of the image.
- 0.6 neutral density filter provides a 2 stop exposure reduction.
- Water White optical glass for excellent clarity.
|Filter Type ||Solid ND Combination |
|Combination Type ||IR Attenuation |
|Density ||0.6 (2 Stops) |
|Shape ||Rectangle |
|Rectangular Size ||4 x 4" (101.6 x 101.6 mm) |
|Filter Material ||Glass |
| Packaging Info |
|Package Weight ||0.35 lb |
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH) ||6.0 x 5.6 x 1.1" |
In the Box
Tiffen 4 x 4" Full Spectrum IRND 0.6 Filter
All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.