Matrox Monarch HDX
- Dual-Channel H.264 Video Encoder
- SDI and HDMI I/O
- Supports HD and SD Resolutions
- 0 Frame Latency on SDI Loopthrough
- Discrete Processing on Each Channel
- Supports Flash and Wowza Platforms
- Independent H.264 Preview Stream
- Storage and Control over Network
- Recallable Presets
Simultaneously stream and record video from SDI and HDMI sources with the Matrox Monarch HDX . Expanding on the Monarch HD, the Monarch HDX adds SDI I/O to the already available HDMI I/O and dual-channel operation with independent H.264 encoders. This functionality makes it suitable for broadcast and other professional workflows that require streaming and recording of content, such as houses of worship and universities.
Having discrete encoders allows for each channel to function separately. You can stream to two different locations, record proxy and master files from the same input, and record two inputs simultaneously. You can also use one encoder for streaming video live while the other encoder records a high-quality copy of the broadcast for playback after the live stream. Whether you use it for live streaming or recording, the Monarch HDX can be integrated into SD or HD productions.
- H.264 Encoding Engine
- The Monarch HDX can share 30 Mbps of encoding capacity across the two channels. Each channel benefits from a powerful scaling, de-interlacing, and noise reduction engine for improving image quality before encoding.
- Dual-Channel Streaming
- When used as a webcasting encoder, the Monarch HDX generates an H.264-encoded stream compliant with RTSP or RTMP protocols. Each channel is assigned separately. Each channel can stream up to 10 Mb/s, allowing you to simultaneously stream to two destinations or set the device for up to 20 Mb/s streaming quality for a single encoding destination.
- Dual-Channel Recording
- Content can be captured in either MOV or MP4 files to ensure that they can be played by your application of choice. Recordings can be stored locally on an SD card, a USB drive, or remotely on a network-mapped drive. Dual channel recording allows the user to simultaneously record content locally and to the network, which means files are immediately available to anybody on the network, but also provides the assurance that no action is lost even if the network goes down. Furthermore, each recording can be done at a different bitrate should there be a need to deliver the content to devices with varying decode capacities.
- Simultaneous Streaming and Recording
- Monarch HDX dual encoders can broadcast a live webstream at one bitrate while simultaneously recording high-quality H.264 files for immediate availability, such as post event VOD or editing with your NLE of choice.
- HDMI and SDI Inputs
- The Monarch HDX H.264 video recorder can accept signals from HDMI or SDI sources. The input can be selected using the web based UI, Matrox Command Center, or directly on the unit itself, allowing for a wide range of connectivity to devices such as cameras, switchers, or routers. Additionally, both inputs are complemented by internal frame synchronizers to ensure uninterrupted streaming and recording operations, regardless of the disturbance on the input. The audio is also selectable between the two channels of the embedded video signal or the analog stereo input. Audio may be dynamically muted or unmuted without affecting the video encoding operation.
Regardless of input selection, SDI video, HDMI video, and embedded and analog audio outputs are live. For SDI workflows, the Monarch HDX recorder has an extremely low pass-through latency with a built-in power-loss relay which, in case of power loss, will route the SDI input directly to the SDI output, ensuring signal path integrity.
- Wowza and Flash Support
- The Monarch HDX is a certified "Works with Wowza" live video streaming encoder, allowing users to benefit from enhanced integration with the Wowza streaming engine. As a certified encoder, Wowza Manager can provide an XML file which contains the credentials required for Monarch HDX to easily connect to the Wowza Streaming engine.
The Monarch HDX also supports XML files generated for use with Flash Live Media Encoder. These files are often offered by CDNs to allow their customers to easily connect to their service. Both XML files are loaded into the Monarch HDX using the Matrox Command Center, a web based UI.
- Remote Control
- The Monarch HDX can be controlled and configured via the Monarch HDX Command Center using any device on the network that supports a standard web browsing application such as a computer, smart phone or tablet. Designed for operator ease-of-use, master controls provide one-click operation to start streaming, recording or both from anywhere within the user interface. The device also provides convenient controls directly on the unit itself to stop/start recording or streaming, and an additional button to assign the input.
- H.264 Preview Stream
- The Monarch HDX H.264 encoder provides a useful low bitrate preview stream of the input directly in the Command Center UI. This same preview can be viewed using software players such as VLC or on third-party devices, such as Crestron control panels. This stream is available independently of the two encoder channels allowing you to check your video signal before your webcast goes live.
- Profiles and Presets
- The Monarch HDX ships with a number of typical streaming and recording presets that define all the encoding parameters including resolution and bitrate. Whether preset or custom parameters are used, they only need to be entered once and saved as a unique profile. A profile not only contains encoding parameters but also destination information detailing where the encoded video is being sent. Multiple profiles can be saved if the device is used in different environments. Each profile can be loaded instantly without having to re-enter data.
- Matrox Utils Application
- The Matrox Utils application allows operators to remotely scan and find all Monarch HDX's present on their network. The Utils application will also scan the attached Monarch HDX and notify the operator if the unit is up to date with its installed firmware version and will also update the device automatically to ensure that it has the latest software release installed. The Matrox Utils application can also be used to reboot Monarch HDX devices present on the network.
|HDMI Video Input|| 1920 x 1080p 60/59.94/50/30/29.97/25/24/23.98 |
1920 x 1080i 29.97/25
1280 x 720p 60/59.94/50
|HDMI Video Output|| Preview output of video input signal |
2-frame delay from input to output
SD video output as windowed in an HD output
|SDI Video Input|| 1920 x 1080p 60/59.94/50/30/29.97/25/24/23.98 |
1920 x 1080PsF 29.97/25
1920 x 1080i 29.97/25
1280 x 720p 60/59.94/50
720 x 576i 25
720 x 486i 29.97
|SDI Video Output|| Clean distribution of SDI incoming signal |
0-frame latency passthrough of Input signal
Hardware bypass relay present in SDI signal path is "closed" on power failure
|Audio Input|| Processes first two channels of audio embedded in HDMI or SDI input signals |
Unbalanced analog stereo input via 1/8" jack (3.5 mm)
|Audio Output|| Pass-through of 8 embedded audio channels in HDMI and SDI signals |
Unbalanced analog stereo output via 1/8" jack (3.5 mm), pass-through of input Line level
|Frame Synchronization||On both HDMI and SDI inputs.|
|Video Encoder||Built-in H.264/MPEG-4 Part 10 (AVC)|
|Resolutions|| Selectable encoding resolutions: |
128 x 128 to 1920 x 1080
|Video Bit Rates|| Single Encoder: |
Streaming mode - 20 Mbps
Recording mode - 30 Mbps
Maximum 10 Mbps for streaming channels
Maximum 30 Mbps combining both channels
|Encode Frame Rates|| Encode frame rates (fps): 60/50, 30/25/24, 15/12.5 |
Note: The maximum encoded frame rate is 30 fps when input resolution is 1920 x 1080
|Encoding Profiles||Baseline, Main, and High|
|Encoding Controls|| 2.0, 3.0, 3.1, 4.0, 4.1 level support |
IBP GOP size and structure
Variable bit rate support
Average min/max data rate controls
|Audio Encoder||MPEG-4 AAC|
|Audio Encoding||Standard: AAC-LC|
|Sample Frequency||32, 44.1, or 48 kHz when digitized from analog source|
|Channels||2 channels stereo (L/R)|
|Audio Bit Rates|| Range from 32 kbps to 256 kbps |
Note: Audio codec settings are applied to streaming or files delivered by both encoders.
|Scaler|| High quality multi-tap 10-bit scaler and de-interlacer |
Available to both streaming and recording operations
|Preview|| Stream format: H.264 |
Bitrate: 300 kbps (average)
Stream type: RTSP
|Recording Formats||MP4 and MOV with two channels of embedded AAC audio (maximum file length of 300 minutes)|
|Network Interface|| RJ45 connector providing 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet with Static or DHCP addressing |
Unicast and Multi Unicast (from 3 to 10 clients)
|User Interface|| HTTP via standard PC or Mac web browser using Monarch HDX Command Center |
Front panel push buttons for independent streaming and recording Start/Stop control
|Recording Media Support|| 2x USB 2.0: |
Support for NTFS file system
Monarch HD will support writing to USB 3.0 devices at USB 2.0 speeds
1x SD card slot:
Supports SD and SDHC cards
Supports SDXC cards formatted with NTFS
Network mapped drive:
Support for writing to Shared Folders in computers found on a network using NFS or Windows share protocols
|Transport and Storage|| Max operating altitude: 9,842 ft / 3,000 m |
Max transport altitude: 39,370 ft / 12,000 m
Operating humidity: 20 to 80% relative humidity (non-condensing)
Storage humidity: 5 to 95% relative humidity (non-condensing)
|Regulatory|| EMI: FCC Class A, CE Mark Class A, ACMA C-Tick Mark, VCCI |
Power Supply Safety: UL/CUL(UL60950-1), TUV-GS(EN60950-1), T-LICENSE(BS EN60950-1), CCC(GB4943.1-2011), PSE(J60950), SAA(AS/NZS60950-1), KC-MARK(K60950),S-MARK(IEC60950-1)
RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC
|Power|| Line voltage: 100-240 VAC, 0.5 A |
Frequency: 50-60 Hz
Input: external AC/DC adapter -- IEC320-C8
Output: 9 to 24 VDC
Total power consumption: 20 to 30 W typical, 42 W max
DIN4 locking power connector
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Dimensions|| 5.6 x 8.5 x 1.4" / 14.2 x 21.6 x 3.6 cm |
6 x 8.5 x 1.5" / 15.3 x 21.6 x 3.8 cm (including pads and BNC spigots)
|Weight||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
|Package Weight||3.6 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||14.1 x 8.8 x 3.4"|
- Power Supply
- 3 x IEC Power Cord (US, GB, EU)
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.