- Clear Protective Filter
- Absorbs Ultraviolet Light
- Reduces Bluish Cast of Daylight
- 1x Filter Factor, No Exposure Change
- 32-Layer Nano Multicoating
- Stain and Scratch Resistant
- Water and Oil Repellant
- 72mm Front Filter Threads
- Thin, Aluminum-Alloy Filter Ring
- Plastic Case
The Hoya 72mm HD3 UV Filter is a general use, clear filter designed to absorb ultraviolet light and reduce the bluish cast of daylight. Aside from the reduction of unwanted blue casts, no additional coloration or contrast is created, and adjustments to exposure are not required while using this filter. To prevent internal ghosting and reflections while providing over 99.7% light transmission, 16 layers of anti-reflection nano coatings are applied to each side. This total of 32 coatings offers a high degree of protection to the filter substrate and helps it to stay clean for longer than uncoated filters. The nano coating formula associated with HD3 UV filters results in an improved beading effect when in contact with water for greater cleaning efficiency and is also effective with regard to oil and stains.
Constructed from chemically-hardened optical glass, the Hoya 72mm HD3 UV Filter offers enhanced resistance to scratches while providing clarity and color fidelity. It also features a thin, lightweight, aluminum-alloy filter ring to minimize the potential for vignetting.
This UV filter is also useful as a general protective filter to leave on lenses at all times. Such filters help to reduce dust and moisture from reaching your front lens element and provide additional protection in case of drops or situations where scratching could occur.
- Absorbs UV light and reduces bluish cast of daylight.
- Does not require adjustments to exposure while in use.
- 16-layer nano multicoated on each side for a total of 32 layers to prevent internal ghosting and reflections while providing over 99.7% light transmission.
- Nano multicoatings provide an improved beading effect with water for more efficient cleaning that is also effective with regard to oil and stains.
- Creates no additional coloration or contrast.
- General protection filter reduces dust, moisture, and scratches from reaching lens elements.
- Thin, lightweight aluminum-alloy filter ring helps to prevent vignetting.
- Plastic case for storage and transport.
|Filter Type ||UV |
|Filter Factor ||1 (0 Stop) |
|Shape ||Circle |
|Circular Size ||72 mm |
|Front Accessory Thread / Bayonet ||72 mm |
|Filter Material ||Glass |
|Coatings ||Multi-Coating |
| Packaging Info |
|Package Weight ||0.15 lb |
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH) ||4.2 x 3.6 x 0.5" |
In the Box
- Filter Case
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.