Due to its light pink color, the Hoya Skylight (1B) filters reduce the bluish cast of daylight and produces a pleasing, warmer picture tone. Wise initial investments, they help protect your lens from dust, moisture and scratches, which can lead to costly repairs.
Multicoated to minimize reflection at the filter surfaces which reduces flare and ghosting.
- If desired they can be left on at all times for protection
- Skylight filters provide additional benefits of correction for Ultraviolet(UV) light which can register on film and videotape as a bluish cast and can obscure distant details
- Also used to reduce the bluish cast common with some electronic flash units
- Reduces the excessive bluishness that frequently occurs in outdoor color photography, especially in open shade under a clear, blue sky; Also keeps skin tones free of colored reflections from nearby objects such as the shade of trees
- The absorption peak is in the range which corresponds to the film's green spectrum; This means outstanding outdoor shots with superb color balance and clarity under all conditions
|Filter Type ||Skylight 1B |
|Filter Factor ||1.1 (0.1 Stop) |
|Shape ||Circle |
|Circular Size ||52 mm |
|Rotating ||No |
|Front Accessory Thread / Bayonet ||52 mm |
|Filter Material ||Glass |
|Coatings ||Multi-Coating |
| Packaging Info |
|Package Weight ||0.1 lb |
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH) ||3.4 x 2.8 x 0.4" |
All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.