- Minimize Reflections and Glare
- Reduces Haze and Blue Cast in Landscapes
- Enhances Color and Tonal Saturation
- 16-Layer Super Multi-Coating
- EVO Antistatic Coating Repels Dust
- Water, Stain, and Scratch-Resistant
- Optical Glass Construction
- Two-Piece Low-Profile Filter Ring
- Front Threads for Filter Stacking
The Hoya 105mm EVO Antistatic Circular Polarizer Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. This results in a noticeable increase in the saturation of skies and foliage, as well as clearer imagery when photographing in hazy conditions. A circular polarizer differs from a linear polarizer in that it supports full use of a camera's autofocus and auto exposure functions.
The EVO antistatic coating on this filter helps to repel dust, as well as water, scratches, and stains, and aids in making the substrate easy to clean. Additionally, a 16-layer Super Multi-Coating helps to reduce surface reflections and ghosting for maintained contrast and clarity. The optical glass filter is set within a two-piece low-profile aluminum ring, which lessens the likelihood of vignetting if used on a wide-angle lens. The ring also features front threads for attaching additional filters or lens caps.
- Reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Arrange and filter directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Lessens haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° from the sun.
- Optical glass construction and a 16-layer Super Multi-Coating provides 99.8% light transmission for maintained contrast and color fidelity.
- EVO antistatic coating helps to repel dust and is also water, stain, and scratch-resistant. Additionally, this hardened coating is also easy to clean in order remove smudges or fingerprints.
- Two-piece aluminum filter ring features a low profile to reduce the likelihood of vignetting when used on wide-angle lenses. Additionally, this ring incorporates front 105mm filter threads for stacking additional filters or attaching lens caps.
|Filter Type ||Circular Polarizer |
|Filter Factor ||2.5 (1.3 Stop) |
|Shape ||Circle |
|Circular Size ||105 mm |
|Rotating ||Yes |
|Front Thread / Bayonet ||105 mm |
|Filter Material ||Glass |
|Coating ||Multi-Coated |
| Packaging Info |
|Package Weight ||0.35 lb |
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH) ||6.2 x 6.1 x 1.0" |
In the Box
Hoya 105mm EVO Antistatic Circular Polarizer Filter
- Plastic Filter Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.