If you need a quality, low-cost MIDI cable, check out Hosa Technologies' black, 5' MIDI to MIDI Standard Cable. With a dense spiral copper shield to block interference and nickel-plated connector pins for precise data transfer, the MIDI to MIDI Standard Cable is an inexpensive option for connecting your MIDI-compliant devices.
- Musical Instrument Digital Interface (MIDI)
- The MIDI protocol allows communication between a computer and a digital synthesizer (keyboard, drum machine, etc.) by transmitting how the notes are to be produced. For example, commands like note-on, note-off, pitch-shift, and tempo create much smaller files and more realistic music, relying on the synthesizer to create the basic tones.
- Discreet 5-Pin Connectors
- Each of the five pins on the connectors of these MIDI cables is wired to support all MIDI functions, including uploading and downloading data and relaying SysEx information.
- Cost-Conscious Design
- The injection-molded connector bodies with built-in strain relief are rugged and dependable, and the stranded copper conductors are surrounded by a dense copper shield to ensure long life and interference-resistant data transfer.
- Colors and Lengths
- These cables are available in black, red, white, blue and orange, allowing for more options when using multiple devices. In addition, Hosa makes their cables in a variety of lengths to suit virtually any application.
|Cable Type ||5-Pin to 5-Pin MIDI |
|Length ||5' (1.52 m) |
|Ideal Application ||To connect two MIDI-compliant components together, such as a keyboard to a computer |
| Cable |
|Conductors ||4-Stranded bare copper |
|Gauge ||26 AWG |
|Shielding ||Copper braid |
|Dielectric (Insulation) ||PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) |
|Impedance ||Not Specified by Manufacturer |
|Capacitance ||Not Specified by Manufacturer |
|Jacket ||Red PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) |
| Connectors |
|Shielding ||OFC Spiral |
|Connector 1 ||5-Pin MIDI--male |
|Connector 2 ||5-Pin MIDI--male |
|Contacts ||Nickel-plated copper |
|Body ||Injection-molded PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) |
|Interface Required ||(2) MIDI jacks--female |
|Standards Certification ||None |
|Warranty ||Limited lifetime |
| Packaging Info |
|Package Weight ||0.2 lb |
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH) ||6.929 x 4.0 x 1.181" |
In the Box
Hosa Technology MIDI to MIDI (STD) Cable (5', Black)
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.