- 5 Stop Graduated ND Filter
- Reduce Exposure in Selective Areas
- Soft-Edge Graduation
- Neutral Results Across All Spectrums
- 15-Layer Coating on Outside of Filter
- Hydrophobic and Scratch-Resistant
- Rotating and Stackable 7.5mm-Thick Ring
- Schott Superwite Glass
Helping to selectively reduce exposure in certain areas, while allowing for a normal, unaffected exposure in other regions, the Formatt-Hitech 77mm Firecrest Graduated ND 1.5 Filter is ideally suited to controlling bright skies without underexposing the foreground. The filter is densest at the edge and tapers to clear by the middle, with a soft-edged line of transition between the density and clear areas. The filter is mounted within a rotating frame, and allows for greater control over the orientation of the density to match certain subject types. Neutral density filters do not affect the coloration of the image and the 1.5 density provides a 5 stop reduction in light from entering the lens.
The design of this filter has been optimized for use with digital sensors and promote nearly flat attenuation of visible, UV, and infrared light. Due to imaging sensors' greater susceptibility to infrared light, compared to traditional film, color casts can occur when photographing darker subjects that require increased exposure times. This filter provides a high level of neutrality across all three spectrums in order to eliminate color casts and ensure cleaner, truer blacks.
Applied to the outside of the Schott Superwite glass construction is a 15-layer Firecrest multi-coating, which helps to minimize reflections and flare in order maintain truer colors and contrast. The multi-coating is also scratch-resistant and hydrophobic to benefit the overall durability of the filter. The filter is set within a 7.5mm-thick SuperSlim aluminum filter ring, which features front threads for stacking additional filters or attaching a lens cap.
- Graduated ND 1.5 filter for darkening skies and other bright areas of the image.
- Provides a 5 stop reduction in light in selective areas.
- Soft-edge transition is ideal for circumstances there is not a distinct line of separation between the bright and dark zones of the image.
- Rotating mount enables control over the orientation of the density for matching to specific subject shapes and compositions.
- Attenuates infrared light, as well as visible and UV wavelengths, to maintain color neutrality and suppress color casts due to increased exposure lengths.
- The 15-layer Firecrest coating has been applied directly to the outside of the filter glass by way of a vacuum-formed, hard-coated, electrolytic process. The multi-coating is water- and scratch-resistance for greater overall durability.
- Schott Superwite glass promotes maintained image clarity and is set within a 7.5mm-thick SuperSlim aluminum filter ring.
|Type ||Graduated neutral density with IR attenuation |
|Size ||77 mm (0.3" / 7.5 mm-thick) |
|Density ||1.5 (5 stop) |
|Effect ||Reduces exposure in selective areas and helps to attenuate IR contamination |
|Construction || Schott Superwite glass |
Aluminum alloy filter ring
|Front Filter Thread Size ||77 mm |
| Packaging Info |
|Package Weight ||0.15 lb |
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH) ||4.4 x 4.4 x 0.8" |
All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.