|Price is inclusive of GST and Import duty charges|
|B2B customers can avail ₹ 7133.95 ITC on this product|
|Buy on EMI starting at 2268/month|
|100% Secure Payments | 100% Genuine product|
|The product is eligible for Free Shipping|
- 36x48" (90 x 120 cm)
- 16" (40 cm) Depth
- Low-profile Bank for Flash
The Chimera Medium Shallow Plus for Strobe applications is designed for use with a studio flash with a protruding dome such as a Profoto lamphead. With fabric not rated for the heat of a continuous light, the Medium Shallow Plus for strobe applications is ideal for work in cramped interiors where medium softening of your studio flash is desired.
The "Plus" designation of this softbox means you can remove the front face of the softbox if you like. Chimera makes different strengths of diffusion material for front face applications. The softbox comes with a one stop diffuser, a 1/2 grid, and 1/4 grid cloth. These would allow more light transmission and help to make the light more specular, or "less soft."
This softbox also has a built in "lip" around the edges to help control light spill. This lip also facilitates the attachment of various accessories which are not included, such as honeycomb grids, fabric grids, and louvers.
This softbox is the ideal choice only for strobe heads utilizing the protruding flashtube. It is not recommended for use with heads having built in reflectors such as the Dynalite 2040 lamp head or Novatron lamp heads. The reason for this is because the shallow depth of this softbox would not allow the light to spread out adequately within the box. Exposure then would not be as even across the entire front face of the softbox, meaning that your picture won't be as evenly exposed either. If you own strobes that utilize a protruding flashtube design, and want to maximize air space or headroom inside your very cramped interior, then this softbox is the ideal solution for you.
- Medium Softening Ability
- This softbox will produce a soft light quality with enough punch to make it the default light shaping tool of many photographers.
- Recessed Front Face
- Helps to control light spill and facilitates the attachment of an optional fabric grid.
- Shallow Depth Design
- Equates to more headroom if the box is used overhead or easier maneuvering in cramped interior shoots. Please note that this is only recommended with strobe heads utilizing a protruding flashtube, which will provide adequate mixing of light inside the softbox.
- Multiple Diffusers Included
- The Shallow banks come standard with a 1 stop diffuser. Additional 1/2 and 1/4 grid cloths are available. This provides you with many options as far as light transmission and level of softness.
- Custom Manufacturing
- Hand Sewn in Boulder Colorado, USA.
- 5 Year Guarantee
- Chimera guarantees that its Softboxes will maintain original specifications and warrants fabrics and workmanship for five years from the date of manufacture.
|Size||36 x 48 x 16" (91.4 x 122 x 40 cm)|
|Shape||Rectangular (more shallow depth than normal)|
|Compatibility||Flash Only (for use with studio strobes having a protruding flashtube).|
|Removable Front Face||Yes|
|Removable Interior Baffle||Yes|
|Requires Speed Ring||Click Here for Speedring Reference Charts|
|Package Weight||3.14 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||38.0 x 4.6 x 4.2"|
- Black Storage bag for Softbox, Diffusion Screen and Poles
- Interior Baffle
- 1 f-stop Front Diffusion Cloth
- 5 Year Warranty
- PLEASE NOTE: Speed Ring is REQUIRED and Not Included
Bulk discount will be automatically applied during checkout based on quantity.