Price includes International Import, Custom and Duty charges.
Your wishlist has been temporarily saved. Please Log in to save it permanently.
Buy on EMI starting at 6610/month
Buy Now, Pay Later. 0% interest, choose during checkout(for selected customers only).
Estimated Delivery Date
100% Original Products
Tanotis imports genuine branded products from worldwide
100% Secure Payment
Tanotis partners with Payumoney for secure payments
Priority Delivery within India across 80000+ pincodes
GST Invoice on all purchases
All products are shipped with GST bills, you will be eligible to take input credit.
Bulk discount will be automatically applied during checkout based on quantity.
- 203mm (8") Schmidt-Cassegrain OTA
- 2032mm Focal Length, f/10 Focal Ratio
- StarBright XLT Optical Coating System
- Motorized Single-Arm Alt-Az Fork Mount
- NexStar Computer Controller
- 40,000+ Object Database with Tours
- Multiple Alignment Procedures
- Multiple Slew and Tracking Speeds
- 25mm Eyepiece and 90° Star Diagonal
- Adjustable-Height Stainless Steel Tripod
Celestron 's NexStar 8 SE 203mm f/10 Schmidt-Cassegrain GoTo Telescope is a powerful, versatile and user-friendly Schmidt-Cassegrain style telescope that can be used for observing everything from the Moon and planets to deep sky objects like galaxies and nebulae. Using Celestron's improved proprietary StarBright XLT multi-coating system, light transmission is increased throughout the entire optical path with anti-reflection multi-coated lenses, highly reflective multi-coated mirrors, and 4-element rare-earth glass. While the focal ratio is a slow f/10, the scope's precision tracking system allows it to be a competent astrophotography/astroimaging platform for the Moon and planets.
Driving the dual servo motors on the mount is the brains of the NexStar 8: the iconic NexStar computer hand controller. Packed with over 40,000 celestial objects, it can hold up to 200 additional user-defined destinations and is updateable via the Celestron website. It has multiple alignment procedures to get you observing fast - including the super-easy SkyAlign system. Capable of being used in the northern or southern hemispheres, the NexStar has sidereal, lunar and solar tracking speeds to accurately follow near and deep-sky objects, plus nine slew speeds.
- Large 203mm (8") aperture
- f/10 focal ratio
- 2032mm focal length
- StarBright XLT optical coatings
- Multi-layer mirror coatings made from layers of aluminum, SiO2 (quartz), TiO2 (titanium dioxide), and Si02 (silicon dioxide)
- Reflectivity is flat across the light spectrum, for both astrophotography/astroimaging and visual observation
- Multi-layer anti-reflective coatings made from layers of MgF2 (magnesium fluoride) and HfO2 (hafnium dioxide)
- High-transmission water white glass corrector lens with 97.4% light transmission
- Rayleigh: 0.69 arc sec
- Dawes: 0.57 arc sec
- Secondary mirror obstruction: 2.5" (6.4cm)
- NexStar Computer Controller
- Two-line, 16 character LCD display
- 19 fiber optic backlit red LED buttons
- Database of over 40,000 celestial objects plus 200 user-defined
- Automatically slew to planets, and objects in a variety of catalogs, including the Messier, NGC, Caldwell, and SAO brightest stars
- Tour Mode: Shows a selection of the most popular objects for the time and date you are observing
- Pre-programmed alignment systems including SkyAlign, Auto 2-Star, 1-Star, 2-Star, and Solar System for fast and easy set up
- SkyAlign alignment
- Alignment takes minutes, with minimal effort or experience
- Enter day, time, and location
- Point the telescope at three bright objects in the sky, and the telescope does the rest
- No need to point it North or to perfectly level the scope
- Pre-set sidereal, solar, and lunar slew speeds for observing the fast-moving Moon, to slower-moving deep space subjects
- Manually set slew speed at 1, 2, or 3 degrees per second, or choose speeds as low as 2x or as high as 64x
- RS-232 communication port allows for computer control
- Flash updateable via the Celestron website
- Mount and Tripod
- Single fork alt-az
- Dual servo motors allow for precise tracking with virtually no vibration
- Communication ports:
- Autoguider port
- Aux port
- Stainless steel
- Adjustable from 28-48"
- Weight: 9 pounds
- Folded size: 8x28"
- Accessory tray
- Requires no tools to set up or break down
- Included Accessories
- 25mm focal length yields 81x magnification
- 1.25" diameter barrel accept most filters
- Anti-reflection multicoated glass
- Fold down rubber eyecups for use with or without eyeglasses
- 90° angle puts head in a comfortable viewing position when scope is pointed at or near the zenith
- Star diagonal leaves horizontal view uncorrected
- Un-magnified to make finding objects faster and easier
- Used primarily for alignment process
- Projects a single red dot in line of sight
|Optical Design||Schmidt-Cassegrain reflector|
|Aperture||8.0" / 20.3 cm|
|Focal Length||2032 mm|
|Eyepiece Barrel Diameter||1.25"|
|Motor||Dual axis servo|
|Mount Type|| Single-arm fork |
|Power Source||8 x AA batteries|
|Tripod|| Stainless steel |
Adjustable from 28.0 - 48.0" / 71.1 - 121.9 cm
Weight: 9.0 lb / 4.1 kg
Folded size: 8.0 x 28.0" / 20.3 x 71.1 cm
|Length||17.0" / 43.2 cm|
|Weight||33.0 lb / 15.0 kg|
|Package Weight||50.0 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||42.0 x 24.0 x 13.0"|
If you are seriously into astronomy and are considering your first investment in a telescope this scope should be your first choice. Easy to set up and lighter in weight compared to others in its class, it will serve you well for years to come.
Tanotis delivered it within the estimated delivery date mentioned while placing the order.