Cartoni Focus 12 Fluid Head with Stabilo Tripod Legs (100mm)
- Focus 12 Fluid Head (100mm), 127 Parts
- 0 - 26 lb Capacity
- Stabilo 8.8 - 72" Carbon Fiber Tripod
- Soft Carry Case
- Perfect Balance Along +/-90° Tilt
- Touch-and-Go 16 Euro-Style Plate System
- Labyrinth Modular "True" Fluid Drag
- Continuous Counterbalance and Drag
- Rotating Grip Leg Locks
- Made and Hand-Assembled in Italy
Featuring the lightweight 100mm Focus 12 Fluid Head , which provides perfect counterbalance for loads from 0 - 26 lb, including for small mirrorless cameras weighing just a couple of lb, this Cartoni Kit offers the flexibility to use a very wide variety of cameras.
The kit also includes the Stabilo 100mm Carbon Fiber Tripod Legs, which feature 8.8 - 72" height adjustment; and a soft carry case with a foam interior, leather handles, shoulder strap, and exterior pockets. Everything is designed, manufactured, and assembled at the Cartoni factory in Rome, Italy. The Focus 12 Fluid Head comes with the peace-of-mind of a five-year warranty, and all the other items retain their standard one-year warranty.
The Focus 12 consists of 127 parts, machined or cast to micro-metric precision and hand-assembled and adjusted to precision by one engineer at a time. A follow-up to the Cartoni Focus HD head and an evolution of the original Focus head, the Focus 12 incorporates the Sachtler Touch-and-Go 16 plate system, which is found on Sachtler's FSB and Video series heads, and integrates a new composite material in many parts that allows for a solid build while keeping the weight down. Of course, it also features Cartoni's renowned counterbalance and very smooth, "true" fluid drag. The Focus 12 uses the same patented spring-loaded counterbalance system used in the original Focus head. The Touch-and-Go 16 plate system will allow you to efficiently move your camera between compatible heads in a studio setting, and will also future-proof your head for such possible uses.
The new composite material that's used is a sophisticated non-metal that's much stronger than aluminum, and yet lighter. It replaces the brass parts in the counterbalance and is also used in the tilt fluid knobs, pan fluid gears, and other parts throughout the body. This composite is also highly resistant to the stress of weight, bending, rubbing, and extreme temperatures, so where it's used in the mechanisms of the head it actually provides for more stress endurance, in addition to saving weight. This composite is the result of a collaboration between Cartoni and the Department of Physics and Engineering at Sapienza University of Rome.
The Focus 12 features a Cartoni-patented labyrinth modular fluid drag system, which consists of individual pan and tilt modules. Each module contains two main sections that have thin concentric rings inside them. The rings in one section interact with the rings in the other, with aerospace industry silicon paste fluid between them that provides resistance. The two sections are never fully disengaged from one another, so movement is always smooth and with no play. With there being separate pan and tilt modules, pan drag and tilt drag are accordingly independent, yet work together to allow smooth, uninterrupted motion in any direction. Cartoni performs a laser-assisted, diagonal movement test on every head to ensure that there isn't even the slightest digression from a straight-line movement.
The pan drag control is a large ring in the center of the head that's easy to use even without looking. This and all other controls are designed with ergonomic grips that will feel secure between your fingers. There's also an illuminated bubble level that will be very helpful in dark settings. And a pan bar is included that can be attached to a rosette adapter on either side of the head. Additional pan bars are available and sold separately.
- Kit Contents
- Focus 12 Fluid Head (100mm)
- Stabilo 100mm Carbon Fiber Tripod Legs
- Soft carry case
- Focus 12 Fluid Head
- 100mm Ball base
- Supports loads between 0 to 26 lb
- Perfect balance along entire +/-90° tilt range
- Sachtler Touch-and-Go 16 Euro-style plate system
- Incorporates a sophisticated lightweight, extremely hard, and highly stress-resistant new composite material
- Labyrinth modular "true" fluid drag system
- Independent pan and tilt drag, with no play
- Continuous counterbalance and drag
- 127 Parts designed, manufactured, and hand-assembled at the Cartoni factory in Italy
- Five-year warranty
- Large pan drag ring in the center
- Ergonomic grips on all controls
- Illuminated bubble level
- Includes a pan bar attachable on either side
- Stabilo 100mm Tripod Legs
- Stabilo 100mm Carbon fiber tripod legs
- 88 lb Load capacity
- 8.8" Minimum height
- 72" Maximum height
- 25" Folded length
- Three rotating grips on each leg, and each leg is able to lock at three different spread angles
|Focus 12 Fluid Head|
|Ball Diameter||100 mm|
|Load Capacity||26 lb (12 kg)|
|Tilt Range||+/- 90°|
|Counterbalance||Continuous from 0 - 26 lb (0 - 12 kg)|
|Camera Attachment||Euro-style quick release system, quick release plate included|
|Bubble Level||Yes, illuminated|
|Material||Magnesium and lightweight composite|
|Temperature Range||-40 to 140°F (-40 to 60°C)|
|Weight||5.5 lb (2.5 kg)|
|Stabilo 100mm Three-Stage Carbon Fiber Tripod|
|Bowl Diameter||100 mm|
|Load Capacity||88 lb (40 kg)|
|Minimum Height||8.8" (22.4 cm)|
|Maximum Height||72" (183 cm)|
|Leg Lock Type||Three rotating grips on each leg, and each leg able to lock at three different spread angles|
|Folded/Transport Length||25" (64 cm)|
|Weight||6.6 lb (3 kg)|
|Package Weight||20.0 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||36.5 x 8.5 x 8.5"|
- Focus 12 Fluid Head (100mm)
- STABILO 3-Stage Carbon Fiber Tripod Legs (100mm Bowl)
- Lightweight Soft Case for 2 Stage Systems
- Limited 5-Year Warranty for the Focus 12 Fluid Head
- Limited 1-Year Warranty for the Other Kit Contents
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.