Yamaha AVENTAGE CX-A5100 11.2-Channel A/V Preamplifier (Black)
- Remote Control
- 4 x AAA Batteries
- AM Antenna
- FM Antenna
- YPAO Microphone
- Microphone Base Pole
- Power Cable
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
|Surround Sound|| Cinema DSP HD3 |
33 DSP programs
Dialog level adjustment
Virtual Presence Speaker (with Virtual Rear Presence Speakers)
Dialogue Lift (no presence speakers required)
SILENT CINEMA / Virtual CINEMA DSP
Dolby Digital Plus
Dolby Pro Logic IIx
DTS-HD Master Audio
|Audio|| Pure Direct (with video on mode) |
Compressed Music Enhancer
High-Resolution Music Enhancer
YPAO Multi-Point Measurement (with R.S.C., 3D, and angle measurement)
Adaptive Dynamic Range Control (DRC)
Initial Volume and Maximum Volume Setting
Audio Delay: 0 to 500 ms
192 kHz / 24-bit DACs for all channels (ESS Technology ES9016S SABRE32 Ultra DAC + ESS Technology ES9006A SABRE Premier Audio DAC x 2)
|Video|| 4K Ultra HD pass-through and upscaling (4K 60p 4:4:4) |
HDMI 3D pass-through
HDMI Audio Return Channel
HDMI upscaling (analog to HDMI, HDMI to HDMI)
Deep Color / x.v.Color / 24 Hz Refresh Rate / Auto Lip-Sync
|DAC Type||ESS SABRE Ultra DAC ES9016S|
|HDMI CEC||SCENE, device control|
|Tuner||AM / FM Tuner|
|Wireless Connectivity|| MusicCast |
Wi-Fi (with Wireless Direct)
|Inputs|| 8 x HDMI (1 x front) |
1 x USB (front)
3 x Optical digital audio
3 x Coaxial digital audio
1 x XLR balanced analog audio
1 x 5.1 multi-channel
1 x Phono
8 x Stereo RCA (1 x front)
3 x Component video
5 x Composite video (1 x front)
1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm IR remote
1 x 75 ohm coaxial FM antenna
1 x AM loop antenna
|Outputs|| 2 x HDMI |
1 x Component video
1 x Composite video
1 x Headphone (front)
1 x XLR balanced preout (11.2-channel)
1 x RCA unbalanced preout (11.2-channel)
2 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm 12 V Trigger
1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm IR remote
|Other Ports|| 1 x Ethernet |
1 x DB-9 RS-232C terminal
1 x YPAO calibration mic (front)
1 x AC power
|USB Playback Formats|| DSD 2.8 MHz / 5.6 MHz |
FLAC / WAV / AIFF 192 kHz / 24-bit
Apple Lossless 96 kHz / 24-bit playback
|User Interface|| On-Screen Display: Graphical User Interface |
SCENE: SCENE PLUS (12 sets)
App Control: iPhone, iPad, Android phone, tablet
Web Browser Control
Remote Control Unit: Preset, learning, macro, full LED backlight
|Zone Control|| Zone 2 Audio Output: Preout, HDMI |
Zone 3 Audio Output: Preout
Zone 4 Audio Output: HDMI
Zone Video Output: HDMI, Component, Composite
Zone HDMI (Advanced HDMI zone switching)
Zone B Output: HDMI
|Standby Power Consumption||IR Only: ? 0.1 W|
|Auto Power Standby||Yes|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)|| With Antenna Down: 17.13 x 7.50 x 18.63" / 43.5 x 19.1 x 47.3 cm |
With Antenna Up: 17.13 x 9.75 x 18.63" / 43.5 x 24.8 x 47.3 cm
|Weight||29.8 lb / 13.5 kg|
|Package Weight||37.0 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||22.0 x 21.5 x 11.5"|
The AVENTAGE CX-A5100 11.2-Channel A/V Preamplifier from Yamaha features 3D surround formats, network functions such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth compatibility, and full 4K support with HDCP 2.2 compatible HDMI. In combination with the MX-A5000 power amplifier, you can experience a 3D sound field and Yamaha digital signal processing with CINEMA DSP HD3 in an 11.2-channel speaker configuration or a 7.1.4-channel configuration with Dolby Atmos or DTS:X surround sound formats. This device includes digital-to-analog conversion for all channels, as well as advanced HDMI zone switching that allows A/V switching to multiple zones. The 11.2-Channel Preamplifier offers 4K Ultra HD video upscaling with High Dynamic Range (HDR) support via its HDMI 2.0a inputs.
With the free MusicCast app, the CX-A5100 can be expanded to deliver wireless multi-room audio playback, all controlled by an app. The preamplifier also supports AirPlay, Spotify, Pandora, and other music streaming services through the free AV Controller app. The AVENTAGE CX-A5100 is constructed with an aluminum front panel, an H-shape cross member frame, and a rigid bottom frame.
- Noise-Resistant Balanced Connections and XLR Terminals for Long Subwoofer Cables
- Electrical noise may be generated from connections with other A/V components, including the connections between them, as well as from external noise sources. To prevent the CX-A5100 from being affected by this distortion, it uses balanced connections that are noise resistant to the same type generally used in pro audio equipment. Even the unbalanced RCA connection uses a ground-sensing transmission method that achieves a simple and balanced transmission. When each channel is used independently, the impact of noise flowing between the preamp and power-amp is removed, minimizing sound quality deterioration due to the connection. XLR terminals allow for the use of long cables that may be needed to connect a subwoofer. The CX-A5100 also has a balanced audio input connection to high-grade source components such as CD players.
- High Density Presence and Richly Detailed Sound
- All channels use ultra-high performance ESS ES9016 DACs, which provide 192 kHz/32-bit processing with high dynamic range, providing faithful reproduction from Blu-ray and other players, as well as from high-resolution source inputs over the network. Matched to the design of the DAC circuitry, which achieves stable ground potential (DAC on Pure Ground), the DACs provide high-precision D/A conversion. A Volume IC realizes low noise and enhanced sound orientation, and a low-jitter clock circuit is used for clear network audio. In addition, the internal design separates the power supplies to the analog circuit boards, minimizing high frequency noise interference from the digital circuitry. The shielded power supplies restrict noise radiation and the large power transformer minimizes vibration.
- High-Rigidity Chassis Minimizes the Effects of Vibration for Greater Sound Purity
- This preamp processor features a chassis with strong rigidity. Chassis stiffness is enhanced by a three-ply structure that incorporates an independent top cover, aluminum side panels, and an H-shaped cross frame. The Anti-Resonance Technology (ART) Wedge in the center of the bottom cover acts as an additional vibration countermeasure for the internal circuits and delicate parts.
- Aluminum Front Panel
- The AVENTAGE design includes an aluminum front panel and smooth-touch volume and selector knobs. The aluminum front panel is used to effectively shield sensitive circuitry from external noise and electronic radiation generated by dimmer switches, fluorescent lighting, video monitors, and so on.
- With a MusicCast capable A/V receiver, such as the AVENTAGE CX-A5100, and MusicCast speakers, soundbars, or other Hi-Fi components placed throughout your home, the MusicCast app lets you play music from any room. Wirelessly access your digital music library, music streaming services, Internet radio, Bluetooth sources, your TV sound, and external sources attached to your A/V receiver, such as Blu-ray or CD players.
- Bluetooth Compatible for Wireless Music Streaming
- The CX-A5100 is equipped with Bluetooth functionality to provide wireless music playback from smartphones and other devices. The technology allows you to stream music to Bluetooth speakers for added audio coverage or to Bluetooth headphones for private listening. The Compressed Music Enhancer from Yamaha is compatible with Bluetooth audio transmissions.
- HDMI 2.0a, 4K Ultra HD Video Upconversion, HDCP 2.2, and High Dynamic Range (HDR)
- This unit supports HDMI 2.0a standards, with 4K video transmission at 60 frames per second (pass-through and video upscaling). Enjoy high definition 4K video quality without degradation, along with HDCP 2.2 compliance. It also supports HDR video, which provides enhanced picture quality by simultaneously enabling greater detail for both the dark and bright parts of an image. (A future firmware update will be required to enable HDR.)
- Yamaha Video Processing
- The A/V receiver employs various Yamaha video upscaling techniques, including edge-adaptive deinterlacing to smooth out jagged noise, motion-adaptive deinterlacing to detect moving or still images, and multi-cadence detection that includes 3-2 pull-down.
- A/V Switching to Multiple Zones
- While standard HDMI zone switching can only send HD video programs to the main and second zones, the CX-A5100 features Yamaha Advanced HDMI zone switching that adds the capability to choose from all audio and video sources for playback in Zone 2. (For HDMI inputs, the second HDMI output can be assigned to Zone 4, as well.) An on-screen graphical user interface enables users to browse and select content from the second zone, no matter what is being played in the Main Zone.
- Network Functions
- You can connect the A/V receiver to a Mac or Windows computer with WebBrowser Control, giving you two-way control of Internet radio, Pandora, Rhapsody, Spotify, or SiriusXM Internet Radio. The AV Controller app (from iTunes or Google Play) lets you control various functions from your iPod, iPhone, iPad, or Android phone/tablet.
- Built-In Wi-Fi and Wireless Direct
- Built-in Wi-Fi allows for a wireless connection with your wireless router, simplifying system connections for networked audio (PC/NAS) and music streaming services. If a Wi-Fi router is not available, the Wireless Direct feature not only allows you to stream music directly from your smartphone or tablet via the AV Controller app, AirPlay, etc., but also allows to you control the A/V receiver.
- AirPlay Allows Streaming Music to A/V Receivers
- This A/V receiver supports AirPlay, which means it accepts wireless music streaming from iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad, as well as from iTunes on a Mac or Windows computer. You can view metadata such as song title, artist name, or album art on the receiver's on-screen display.
- Stream Songs with Spotify Connect
- You can stream Spotify songs from your smartphone or tablet to your networked A/V receiver using Spotify Connect. When you listen to Spotify outside on your smartphone or tablet then bring your device inside, the song being played immediately streams to your A/V receiver without interrupting the music playback. You can also personalize playlists and receive phone calls while listening to music on Spotify. The free Spotify app and a premium account are required.
- Compressed Music Enhancer
- When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency response suffers. The Compressed Music Enhancer from Yamaha employs digital signal processing using Yamaha algorithms to restore what was lost (up to 96 kHz/24-bit).
- Zone Control with the AV Controller App
- This A/V preamplifier lets you use the Yamaha AV Controller app (downloadable from iTunes, Google Play, or the Amazon Appstore) to control the power, volume, input selections, DSP modes, and more from an iPhone or Android device. The app can create zones and control various functions with multi-zone installations. Zone selection is accomplished from within the app by choosing an icon to reflect each zone location (bedroom, kitchen, etc.). The app allows you to select inputs or network streaming services, power on/off, change volume, and more. You can also switch to Party Mode to allow for volume control of the party function. The AV Controller app comes in 23 different languages and has a customizable interface. A tablet version is also available.
- Dolby Atmos
- The CX-A5100 supports Dolby Atmos enhanced surround sound.
- Supports DTS:X Surround Sound
- DTS:X is an object-based, multi-dimensional audio technology created by DTS. (DTS:X playback capability will be available via future firmware update.)
- Dolby Atmos and DTS:X Speaker Layout Patterns
- Yamaha provides multiple placement patterns for presence speakers that support Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, helping you create a sound field that is ideal for your setup. Any layout can be appropriately reproduced, including the three-dimensional space of CINEMA DSP, as well as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. Furthermore, YPAO Reflected Sound Control optimizes the listening environment, and fundamental high quality audio design takes full advantage of the detailed spatial localization capability of Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
- YPAO R.S.C. with 3D, Multipoint, and Angle Measurement
- During the automatic room calibration process, YPAO R.S.C. with 3D, multipoint, and angle measurement analyzes the room acoustics and performs speaker angle measurements. After this, YPAO calibrates all of the audio parameters to achieve optimum sound at any of the listening positions in the theater. It employs Reflected Sound Control to correct early reflections. Additionally, it includes DSP Effect Normalization, which varies with each CINEMA DSP program and adjusts the room acoustics according to the reflected sounds of that CINEMA DSP program.
- YPAO Volume
- YPAO Volume applies loudness EQ correction to automatically adjust high and low frequency levels as the volume changes. Using the YPAO measurement results, EQ correction is optimized to your system settings and listening environment.
- CINEMA DSP HD3
- The CX-A5100 supports surround sound playback formats such as Dolby Atmos and DTS:X. In addition to conventional channel-based audio, it is possible to create a 3D space in which separate acoustic elements can move freely, giving a sensation of the motion of "objects". The CINEMA DSP HD3 features signal processing algorithms to maximize the theater's sound effect by expanding the sound field vertically. By supplementing the limited number of speakers in a home system, CINEMA DSP creates the effect of a movie theater's size with a large number of speakers.
- 33 DSP Programs
- The broad array of surround sound programs includes ten original programs featured in the flagship RX-Z11 receiver, along with other DSP programs for movies, sports, music videos, concert halls, and action or role-playing games. Additionally, these 33 DSP programs are compatible with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X surround formats.
- DSP Parameter Adjustment
- This A/V receiver is equipped with a variety of sound programs that utilize original DSP technologies from Yamaha. You can use the AV Controller app to adjust the DSP parameters in a basic or advanced mode.
- Gapless Playback Compatibility
- Gapless playback removes the pauses between audio files, providing uninterrupted playback.
- USB Digital Connection for iPod and iPhone on Front Panel
- A USB port on the front panel both connects and charges an iPod or iPhone. Because the digital signal from the iPod or iPhone is transmitted directly to the A/V receiver, there is no signal-loss or interference. In addition, you can use the receiver's remote control unit to operate the iPod and iPhone for basic playback control.
- Virtual Presence Speaker and Virtual Surround Back Speaker
- With the power of CINEMA DSP 3D, the Virtual Presence Speaker function makes full use of center and surround speakers to create audible information from where presence (height) speakers are normally installed. The A5100 additionally features a Virtual Surround Back Speaker function. Even without using surround back speakers, you can experience sound from behind you without physical speakers being installed in the surround back area of the listening environment.
- Virtual CINEMA FRONT Provides Virtual 7-Channel Surround Sound with High Resolution
- The Virtual CINEMA FRONT feature gives you flexibility to arrange your speakers inside the room. Simply place the surround speakers in the front of the listening area to enjoy a virtual 5-channel surround sound with rear virtual sound localization.
- Multi-Language GUI On-Screen Display
- The Yamaha graphical user interface has a high-resolution display. It also includes a selectable status bar that shows input source, volume level, DSP mode, and audio format. The GUI can be displayed over both normal and 3D pictures, and provides a choice of eight languages: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Japanese, and Chinese.
- SCENE PLUS
- The SCENE PLUS function provides one-touch operation to automatically power-on the preamplifier, choose the desired source input, and select the appropriate DSP programs. SCENE PLUS offers a choice of 12 SCENE selections, four of which can be assigned to the second zone in a multi-zone system. SCENE PLUS can be selected from the front panel, remote control, GUI, or the AV Controller app.
- Trigger Control
- The CX-A5100 includes two trigger output jacks that provide control of connected component functions such as power on/off and input selection. An amplifier or subwoofer with a Trigger In jack can be connected to enable the trigger function.
- A/V Setup Guide
- The A/V Setup Guide helps you through the receiver setup process by assisting you with cable connections between the A/V receiver and source devices. Additionally, it guides you through various settings such as speaker connections, TV and source device connections, and power amplifier assignments. System illustrations and actual A/V receiver images help you understand how to make the connections between devices. It is available in multiple languages and is designed for iOS and Android tablets.
- Access to Various Streaming Services
- The AVENTAGE CX-A5100 Preamplifier is compatible with several streaming services for access to a wide range of audio content.
All product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.