|₹ 32850.0 includes all taxes. No additional cost.|
|B2B customers can avail ₹ 5009.63 ITC on this product|
|100% Secure Payments | 100% Genuine product|
|The product is eligible for Free Shipping|
- Permits Using Fast ISO In Bright Light
- Use to Create Blurs/Special Effects
- Permits Use of Wider Apertures
- Helps Controls Depth of Field
- Black Aluminum Filter Ring
- High Quality ColorCore Glass
- Use With Film or Digital Cameras
- Made in the USA
- Ten-Year Warranty
The Graduated ND 0.9 Filter for Cokin P (Extra Long) from Tiffen has several uses and offers the possibility to achieve otherwise unachievable results. It enables the shooter to adjust exposure without affecting color balance. An ND filter appears gray and reduces the amount of light reaching either the sensor of a digital camera or the film plane of a traditional film camera.
A Neutral Density filter is used to create some unusual special effects such as capturing the "blur" of the rippling water of a waterfall or the swirling effect of city traffic. Since it allows the use of slower shutter speeds in bright light, it becomes possible to create these special effects that would normally not be possible to capture without the filter. And, since it can also help to control your depth of field, it permits you to shoot at wider apertures. Ultimately, its value is in helping to prevent bright, overly washed out images shot in bright light.
This extra long design of this filter is designed to allow the photographer to move the filter up and down within the holder. In this way he can control exactly where he wants the gradation to appear in the image.
Neutral Density Filters Have Four Main Uses
- To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high speed ISOs, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background
- To decrease the effective ISO of high speed film (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situations
- To allow cine and video cameras (which have fixed shutter speeds) to film subjects such as snow, sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure
- Some Tiffen graduated filters are available with vertical/horizontal and soft/hard designations
- Vertical means the graduation line runs across the short dimension of the filter; Horizontal means the graduation line runs across the long dimension.
- Soft/hard indicates the degree of transition
- Tiffen's ColorCore glass is produced through a process that entails permanently laminating the filter material in between two pieces of optical glass that are ground flat to tolerances of a ten-thousandth of an inch, then mounting them in precision aluminum rings
- The ColorCore process allows Tiffen to control the color and density of their filters, and the characteristics of special effects filters with much greater accuracy than typical dyed-in-the-mass filters, which usually exhibit color and density variations. In this way, Tiffen can better control the various densities of their filters and thereby create more exact degrees of filtration
- Top Hollywood motion picture studios rely on Tiffen filters for their multi-million-dollar productions Superior quality and design make Tiffen the overwhelming choice of moviemakers, professional photographers and even NASA
- Tiffen has also been awarded an Emmy, from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences, for its engineering excellence
- Tiffen, a leader in the filter industry, proudly makes its filters in the USA and backs up its products with a solid 10-year warranty
|Type||Graduated Neutral Density|
|Size|| 3.25" (8.3 cm) wide |
|Filter Factor||Reduces ISO by 1/8|
|Effect||Balanced light intensity from one part of a scene to another|
|Application||Nature, travel, outdoor photography; To maintain light control, as in bright contrasty landscapes; i.e. bright sky, dark foreground|
|Color Temperature||Not Applicable|
|Front Filter Thread Size||Not Applicable|
|Front Lens Cap Size||Not Applicable|
|Package Weight||0.28 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||6.6 x 5.4 x 1.2"|
- Ten-Year Warranty
Bulk discount will be automatically applied during checkout based on quantity.