Thecus N12850L 12-Bay USB 3.0 RAID NAS Enclosure
- 12 x 2.5"/3.5" SATA III Drive Bays
- 3.7 GHz Intel Core i3-4170 Dual-Core CPU
- 4GB ECC DDR3 RAM
- 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- 2 x USB 3.0 Ports & 4 x USB 2.0 Ports
- 2 x PCIe x8, 1 x PCIe x1
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60, and JBOD
- 500W Power Supply
- AES 256-Bit Volume Encryption
The Thecus N12850L 12-Bay USB 3.0 RAID NAS Enclosure sports twelve drive bays that can hold optional 2.5" and 3.5" SATA-based storage drives, so you can build a NAS server for enterprise-class environments. Once drives are installed, you can create multiple RAID volumes with each having its own RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60, or JBOD array. To manage the vast amounts of data from your drives, the N12850L 2 RU enclosure is powered by a 3.7 GHz Intel Core i3-4170 processor along with 4GB of ECC DDR3 RAM. Moreover, data is protected with hot-spare support, AES 256-bit encryption, and Antivirus software.
The N12850L comes with iSCSI and thin provisioning support, letting users mount storage volumes as local drives as well as eliminating wasted storage space. You can sync data to other servers by using Data Guard, and the high-availability feature automatically connects to your backup server in the event the primary fails. Aside from safeguarding data, the N12850L runs on a 500W power supply and supports battery backup systems.
Thecus has armed this NAS with four Ethernet ports, which shares data to connected users. For improving the amount of connected users and delivery of data, the N12850L has three PCIe slots that can accommodate user supplied 10GbE Ethernet adapters. Other notable connections include two USB 3.0 and four USB 2.0 ports so the system can access printers, external storage units, and other devices.
- High Availability
- The high availability feature actively keeps your data on two separate, identical NAS servers. If one needs maintenance, the other will rise to the occasion without as much as a blip in service.
- SATA III
- The N12850L is equipped with SATA III interfaces that transfer data at a rate of up to 6 Gb/s. SATA III is also backwards-compatible with SATA II drives, so your old disks can still be swapped in and out without a hitch.
- PLEX Media Center
- The Plex Media Server is a module available on the Thecus App Center and allows you to set up and manage your media. With the Plex Media Server installed on the Thecus NAS, various devices on your network (such as your Xbox 360 and mobile devices) can connect to and stream your local and online media.
- Snapshot Backup
- With BTRFS support, Thecus NAS users can enjoy the simplicity of snapshot backups. Through BTRFS subvolumes, snapshots of data at various time points can be manually or automatically made and just as easily later restored to rollback files or folders to previous states.
- Disk Clone and Wipe
- Disk Clone allows users to copy the entire contents of a disk to one or many other disks while Disk Wipe allows for permanent volume data destruction.
- VPN Server
- A VPN Server allows users to remotely access a secure network. With VPNs, businesses will be able to utilize a cost-effective, scalable, and secured network infrastructure for its client base.
- 10GbE Ready
- This Thecus NAS comes with PCIe slots so you can install an optional 10Gb Ethernet adapter.
- USB 3.0 Connectivity
- Whether connecting digital cameras and smart phones, backing up large external hard drives, or extending the capacity of your NAS, USB 3.0 will make sure it's done in no time at up to 5 Gbit/s. Backwards compatibility adds the connectivity of a world full of USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 devices to get the best combination of speed and universal access.
- Acronis True Image
- Acronis's advanced backup software backs up all your data with One-click Protection or pick and choose only your most important files. Acronis sports a slick interface, user-friendly design, and comprehensive features to keep your data safe.
- McAfee Antivirus is included to scan files on your NAS and defend it against possible threats.
- Multiple RAID
- You can create multiple RAID volumes with each supporting different RAID modes including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60 and JBOD for your own balance of performance and data protection. Should a hard drive malfunction occur, changing one is simple thanks to online RAID migration and expansion, hot spare, and auto rebuild.
- Multiple File Systems
- Support for multiple file systems including Ext3, EXT4, Btrfs and XFS, gives the Thecus NAS flexibility to handle many different types of environments. Users can simultaneously use different file systems across multiple RAID volumes to get the best of each one.
- iSCSI Thin-Provisioning
- Get the most out of your storage space with the fast data transfer speeds of iSCSI and the efficiency of iSCSI thin provisioning. With thin provisioning's flexible storage functionality, you can make wasted disk space a thing of the past.
- iOS/Android Connectivity
- With T-OnTheGo and the T-Dashboard, you can manage your NAS, and upload to and download/stream from your NAS using an iOS or Android device on the go.
- When it comes to storage, Thecus's Rsync functionality gives you flexibility with remote backup capability, a flexible scheduler, and the stability of Linux-based transfer.
- User Quota
- Divide the massive storage of a Thecus NAS among multiple users. Whether there are two users or 100, user quotas make it easy to divvy up and manage disk space.
|Processor||3.7 GHz Intel Core i3-4170 dual-core CPU with 3 MB cache|
|Memory|| 1 x 4 GB DDR3 ECC SDRAM |
Four memory slots (supports up to 32 GB of memory)
|Drive Bays||12 x 2.5"/3.5" SATA III (backplane)|
|LAN|| 4 x Ethernet |
|Ports|| 4 x USB 2.0 (two front, two back) |
2 x USB 3.0 (back)
1 x VGA
1 x RS232
2 x PS/2
|LCM Module||Yes, system status and info|
|LED Indicator|| Power (blue), system busy (yellow), system alert (red) |
12 x HDD activity (white)/fail (red)
|PCIe Slots|| 2 x PCIe x8 |
1 x PCIe x1
|Power Supply||80-Plus, 500 W redundant|
|Temperature|| Operating: 32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C |
Storage: -40 to 158°F / -40 to 70°C
|Humidity||0 to 80% RH (non-condensing)|
|Form Factor||2 RU|
|Dimensions||3.5 x 17.3 x 26.1" / 88.9 x 439.4 x 662.9 mm|
|Weight||58.2 lb / 26.4 kg|
|RAID|| RAID Mode: 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60, and JBOD |
Auto-rebuild, Hot-swap, Hot Spare, RAID level Migration, RAID Expansion, AES 256-bit RAID Volume Encryption
|Network|| Fixed IP address, dynamic IP address |
TCP/IP/AppleTalk transport protocols
SMB/CIFS, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, NFS v4, AFP
Link Aggregation: Load balance, Failover, 802.3ad, Balance-XOR, Balance-TLB, Balance-ALB, Broadcast
DDNS, SSH, UPnP, UPnP port forwarding, Bonjour, VPN client/server
|System Status|| System Monitor: Monitoring CPU, Memory, Temperature, fan, network utilization, and protocols access user count |
Send the syslog to assigned location
Act as syslog server to receive log info from other systems
|Operating Systems Supported|| Windows XP and after |
Windows Server 2003 and after
Mac OS X
|Data Access|| Web-based file access (via Module) |
Built-in FTP Server with bandwidth control
Built-in secure FTP server with bandwidth control
Download and upload files with TFTP programs
Supports USB and IPP printers
Manage print tasks (list/delete) via web user interface
|Data Backup|| Burning ISO image |
Local backup, remote backup, folder and iSCSI volume based
Mac OS X Time Machine
|Block Level Access|| Supports Microsoft/Mac OS X/Linux iSCSI initiators and Thecus NAS iSCSI targets |
iSCSI Thin Provisioning
MPIO, MCS, clustering, SCSI3 persistent group reservation
|Volume Management|| Multiple RAID |
EXT3/EXT4/XFS/Btrfs file systems
|User Authentication||User accounts, user groups, Windows ADS, LDAP, access guard|
|File System|| Journaling File System |
Unicode Support, ACL, User quota
|Expansion||Can extend for 5 additional iSCSI volumes from other Thecus NAS|
|User Interface||Web-based user interface supports English, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese, Korean, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Polish and Portuguese|
|Package Weight||56.5 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||30.8 x 24.4 x 9.8"|
- Limited 5-Year Warranty
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.