Synology RackStation RS3617xs 12-Bay NAS Enclosure
- 12 x 3.5"/2.5" SATA III Drive Bays
- 3.3 GHz Intel Xeon E3-1230 v2 Quad-Core
- 4GB of DDR3 ECC RAM
- 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- 2 x USB 3.0 and 2 x USB 2.0
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, & JBOD
- 1 x PCIe x4 and 1 x PCIe x8 Slots
- AES-NI Hardware Encryption Engine
- Synology DiskStation Manager OS
The Synology RackStation RS3617xs 12-Bay NAS Enclosure is an enterprise-class NAS system that comes with twelve bays so you can create a storage pool of centralized data for connected users. This RackStation can accommodate hard drives and SSDs that feature a SATA-based interface. Without disrupting service, you can further expand the RackStation's storage capacity by connecting up to two expansion units. For performance, the RS3617xs is outfitted with a quad-core 3.3 GHz Intel Xeon E3-1230 v2 processor along with 4GB of ECC DDR3 RAM to manage the DSM operating system, virtual machines, and other apps. Shared data is delivered to the users via four Gigabit Ethernet ports, which support link aggregation and failover. Other notable connections include two USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports. Moreover, two PCIe slots are available, so you can enhance the network deliver rate by installing optional 10 GbE NICs to the system.
- The RS3617xs delivers up to 3,263 MB/s sequential throughputs and 333,941 IOPS under a RAID 5 configuration with 10GbE Link Aggregation. Equipped with 4GB DDR3 ECC RAM (upgradeable to 32GB), the RS3617xs ensures data accuracy when handling high-value data and mission-critical tasks across large-scale businesses.
- Scale on Demand
- As your data storage needs grow, the RS3617xs can be connected to an optional RX1217/RX1217RP2 expansion unit, allowing you to expand storage capacity up to 36 drives without disrupting service. A high-bandwidth expansion cable ensures speedy data transmission between the main server and expansion unit.
- 10GbE Network Capability
- In addition to the default four Gigabit ports, the RS3617xs comes with two PCIe 3.0 x8 slots that support up to two 10GbE Network Interface Cards (NIC), maximizing bandwidth and meeting high-performance requirements for data-intensive applications.
- Redundancy Mechanisms
- Four built-in LAN ports with failover provide reliable redundancy in the event of unexpected network failure. This system includes fan-less CPU heat-sink and passive cooling technologies, which prevent single point of failure.
- Hardware Encryption Engine Enhances File Transfer Speeds
- The RS3617xs is equipped with an encryption engine that offloads encryption calculation tasks away from the main CPU. Thus, the CPU can be free for other important tasks. In addition, Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) on shared folders with hardware acceleration ensures security without compromising access performance, providing over 2,612MB/s in reading.
- SSD Cache Technology
- The RS3617xs enables the combination of hard drives and read/write-optimized SSD cache, boosting throughput efficiently while minimizing cost per gigabyte. With full SSD cache reading and writing support, the RS3617xs offers a significant reduction in I/O latency without crippling your budget.
- DiskStation Manager
- Synology's DiskStation Manager (DSM) is a sleek, browser-based operating system running on every DiskStation and RackStation, which makes managing your Synology NAS a breeze. Featuring an intuitive user interface, DSM makes accessing and sharing your data smarter and simpler. Synology's Package Center lets you download and install useful add-on packages designed specifically for individual or business needs, meaning you can enjoy more entertainment in your life or better productivity at work.
- Business-Environment Friendly
- With the support of Windows AD, LDAP, and Domain Trust, the RS3617xs enables seamless account integration. The User Home feature can automatically create a "home" folder for every user account to minimize the administrator's effort in repeatedly creating "home" folders for all accounts. Windows ACL support on RS3617xs allows IT administrators to fine-tune access controls and set up privileges to files and folders on the RS3617xs through the familiar Windows user interface. With compatibility for major protocols, the RS3617xs can eliminate server configuration overhead and enhance an IT administrator's efficiency.
- Data Protection and Integrity
- When dealing with large-scale data storage, businesses require a solution that offers reliable backup and prevents file corruption. With support for the next-generation Btrfs file system, the RS3617xs ensures information is stored with a high level of data integrity, while providing flexible and efficient data protection tools.
- Virtualization Environments
- The RS3617xs provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization environments, including VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft Hyper-V. With VMware vSphere & VAAI integration, the RS3617xs helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computation power in VMware environments. Windows ODX support speeds up data manipulation as the data transfer is offloaded. iSCSI also lets SMB users consolidate storage into data center storage arrays while providing hosts with the illusion of locally-attached disks.
- Unified Storage System
- The RS3617xs enables businesses to cost-effectively manage multi-protocol data by integrating file-level (NAS) and block-level (SAN) storage into one unified storage system. Files can be shared across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms seamlessly with comprehensive network protocol support (CIFS/SMB, AFP, and NFS). The RS3617xs provides a cost-effective iSCSI solution, allowing large scale businesses to consolidate storage into data center storage arrays. With thin provisioning available for file-level iSCSI LUN, you can maximize storage utilization by oversubscribing provisions and grow storage space as needed.
- Protection with LUN Backup, Snapshot, and Clone
- The RS3617xs enhances the ease of moving and copying data in a virtualized environment with the features LUN Snapshot, Clone, and replication. Synology's LUN Clone and LUN Snapshot only consume 1/1000 of the original size, highly optimizing storage usage. In addition, Synology's LUN Snapshot lets you create up 256 snapshots per LUN using point-in-time technology without having any impact on system performance. With better support to servers under VMware vSphere or Windows environment, IT managers can expect guaranteed VM status and data consistency through application-consistent snapshots.
- Synology CMS
- For enterprises with more than one Synology NAS server, Central Management System (CMS) offers the flexibility and convenience for IT administrators to manage all of them from a single point of entry. Through a simple interface, you can obtain a clear overview on resource consumption and logs, helping you identify any issue right away. With group policies, CMS can do much more for your daily tasks. Once a NAS joins a group, it will automatically adopt its rules and behave as intended, without extra configuration.
- Business Productivity with Cloud Solutions
- With comprehensive cloud solutions, the RS3617xs lets you create your own private cloud easily. Cloud Station syncs files across multiple devices. Files can be edited in offline mode and later synced to Cloud Station, which keeps up to 32 historical versions, allowing you to restore a file back to previous version or recover deleted files. With the mobile app DS cloud, any change made to a file is automatically synced to your smartphones and tablets. For distributed enterprises, Synology's 2-way sync between different DiskStations ensures employees at different locations share the same information in real-time. IT administrators can handpick individual folders that they want to sync to different devices, manually or automatically based on file format and size. Folders synced by Cloud Station can be encrypted on DSM - no one will be able to access its content without your private key.
- Business Continuity & Reliability
- Uninterrupted availability is a critical goal for all businesses. The RS3617xs offers Synology High Availability (SHA) technology which combines an active and passive server into one cluster, the former always mirrored to the latter. Shared Folder Sync can replicate data in real-time to another Synology NAS at a remote location, giving your business the Recovery Time Objective (RTO) for prompt disaster recovery. With multiple LAN ports, the RS3617xs also ensures redundancy in the event of unexpected network failure.
- Secure Your Data
- The RS3617xs offers advanced security measures to protect you from potential security holes. Security Advisor analyzes system settings, password strength, network preferences and removes any possible malware. AppArmor blocks malicious programs from accessing unauthorized system resources. You can also customize the trust level in Package Center to avoid installing packages from untrusted sources, safeguarding your NAS from unknown or tampered files. In addition, the RS3617xs provides other security add-ons such as AES encryption, 2-Step verification, IP block & allow list, Antivirus packages, firewall, and DoS attack prevention.
|CPU|| 3.3 GHz Intel Xeon E3-1230 v2 quad-core |
Hardware AES-NI Encryption Engine
|Memory|| Total Memory Slots: 4 |
Installed: 4 GB of ECC DDR3 RAM (2 x 2 GB)
Max: 32 GB (4 x 8 GB)
|Storage|| Drive Bays: 12 |
Max Drive Bays with Expansion Unit: 36
Drive Type: 3.5" SATA (III)/SATA (II) HDD, 2.5" SATA (III)/SATA (II) HDD, 2.5" SATA (III)/SATA (II) SSD
Max. Internal Raw Capacity: 96 TB (12 x 8 TB HDD) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)
Max. Raw Capacity with Expansion Units: 288 TB (36 x 8 TB HDD) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)
Maximum Single Volume Size: 200 TB (32 GB RAM required, for RAID 5 or RAID 6 groups only) or 108 TB
Hot Swappable drives supported
|Ports|| 2 x USB 3.0 |
2 x USB 2.0
2 x Expansion
|File System|| Internal Drives: Btrfs, EXT4 |
External Drives: Btrfs, EXT4, EXT3, FAT, NTFS, HFS+, exFAT
|Network Connectivity|| 4 x Gigabit Ethernet with Link Aggregation / Failover support |
Wake on LAN/WAN
|Storage Management|| Max Internal Volume Number: 1024 |
Max iSCSI Target Number: 64
Max iSCSI LUN: 512
iSCSI LUN Clone/Snapshot, Windows ODX supported
|RAID|| Supported RAID Types: Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10 |
RAID Migration: Basic to RAID 1, Basic to RAID 5, RAID 1 to RAID 5, RAID 5 to RAID 6
Volume Expansion with Larger HDDs: RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6
Volume Expansion by Adding a HDD: RAID 5, RAID 6, JBOD
Global Hot Spare Supported RAID Type: RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10
|SSD Interface||SSD Read Cache, SSD TRIM|
|File Sharing Capability|| Max User Accounts: 16,000 |
Max Groups: 512
Max Shared Folders: 512
Max Shared Folder Sync Tasks: 16
Max Concurrent CIFS/AFP/FTP Connections: 1024
Windows Access Control List (ACL) integration
NFS Kerberos authentication
|Virtualization||VMware vSphere 5 and 6 with VAII, Windows Server 2012 and 2012 R2, Citrix ready|
|PCIe Slots||Two (white at x8 mode, black at x4 mode)|
|Fan|| System Fan: 4 x 3.1" / 80 mm |
Modes: full-speed, cool, and quiet
|Noise Level||40.5 dB(A)|
|Temperature & Humidity|| Operating: 40 to 95°F / 4 to 35°C |
Storage: -5 to 140°F / -21 to 60°C
Relative Humidity: 5 to 95% RH
|Certification||FCC Class A, CE Class A, BSMI Class A, RoHS compliant|
|Power Requirements|| AC Input Power Voltage: 100 to 240 VAC |
Power Frequency: 50/60 Hz, single-phase
Power Supply: 500 W
Power Consumption: 116.7 W (access), 60.3 W (HDD hibernation)
|Dimensions||3.5 x 17.5 x 22.4" / 8.8 x 44.5 x 57.0 cm|
|Weight||29.3 lb / 13.3 kg|
|Package Weight||43.0 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||30.3 x 25.0 x 10.0"|
- Power Cord
- Accessory Pack
- Limited 5-Year Warranty
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.