Synology RackStation RS2416+ 12-Bay iSCSI NAS Server
- Quad Core CPU with Floating-Point Unit
- 2GB RAM for Boosting Multitasking Power
- 380 MB/s Writing Speed
- 450 MB/s Reading Speed
- Supports 12 x 3.5"/2.5" Internal SSD/HDD
- 2 x USB 2.0 & 2 x USB 3.0 HDD Interface
- 1 x Expansion Port
- 4 x LAN with Failover and Link
- Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM)
- Accessory Pack
- 1 AC Power Cord
- Limited 3-Year Manufacturer Warranty
|CPU|| Model |
Intel Atom C2538
Quad Core 2.4 GHz
Hardware Encryption Engine (AES-NI)
|Memory|| System Memory |
2 GB DDR3
Memory Module Pre-installed
1 x 2 GB
Total Memory Slots
Memory Expandable Up To
6 GB (2 GB + 4 GB)
|Storage|| Drive Bays |
Maximum Drive Bays with Expansion Unit
Compatible Drive Type
3.5" SATA III / SATA II HDD
2.5" SATA III / SATA II HDD
2.5" SATA III / SATA II SSD
Maximum Internal Raw Capacity
96 TB (12 x 8 TB HDD) (Capacity may vary by RAID types)
Hot Swappable Drive Compatible
|External Ports|| USB 2.0 Port |
USB 3.0 Port
|File System|| Internal Drives |
Btrfs, EXT 4
Btrfs, EXT 4, EXT 3, FAT, NTFS, HFS+
|LAN Ports|| 4 x RJ-45 1 GbE LAN Port |
(with link aggregation / failover support)
|Wake on LAN/WAN||Yes|
|System Fan||4 fans (80 x 80 mm)|
|Fan Speed Mode|| Cool mode |
|Wireless Support (Dongle)||Yes|
|Noise Level||41.5 dB(A)|
|Scheduled Power On/Off||Yes|
|Power Supply Unit / Adapter||100 to 240 VAC|
|Power Frequency||50/60 Hz, Single phase|
|Power Consumption|| 70.58 W (Access) |
39.11 W (HDD Hibernation)
83.26 W (Access, for RP model)
46.61 W (HDD Hibernation, for RP model)
|BTU|| 240.99 BTU/hr (Access) |
133.54 BTU/hr (HDD Hibernation)
284.29 BTU/hr (Access, for RP model)
159.15 BTU/hr (HDD Hibernation, for RP model)
|Redundant Power Supply||None|
|Environmental Specifcations|| Operating Temperature: 40 to 95�F / 5 to 35�C |
Storage Temperature: -5 to 140�F / -20 to 60�C
Relative Humidity: 5 to 95% RH
|Certifications|| FCC Class A |
CE Class A
BSMI Class A
|Storage Management|| Maximum Single Volume Size |
Maximum Internal Volume Number
Maximum iSCSI Target Number
Maximum iSCSI LUN
iSCSI LUN Clone/Snapshot, Windows ODX
|Supported RAID Type|| Synology Hybrid RAID |
|RAID Migration|| Basic to RAID 1 |
Basic to RAID 5
RAID 1 to RAID 5
RAID 5 to RAID 6
|Volume Expansion with Larger HDDs|| Synology Hybrid RAID |
|Volume Expansion by Adding a HDD|| Synology Hybrid RAID |
|Global Hot Spare Supported RAID Type|| Synology Hybrid RAID |
|SSD Read/Write Cache||Yes|
|File Sharing Capacity|| Maximum User Accounts |
Maximum Shared Folder
Maximum Shared Folder Sync Tasks
Maximum Concurrent CIFS/AFP/FTP Connections
Windows Access Control List (ACL) Integration
Yes NFS Kerberos Authentication
|Data Protection|| Maximum Snapshots per Shared Folder |
256 (at least 4 GB RAM is required)
|Log|| Syslog Events per Second |
|Virtualization|| VMware vSphere 5 with VAAI |
Windows Server 2012
Windows Server 2012 R2
|Dimensions||3.46 x 16.93 x 27.24" / 88 x 430 x 692 mm|
|Weight||27.69 lb / 12.56 kg|
|Package Weight||39.1 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||33.5 x 24.5 x 9.0"|
With Btfs (B-tree file system) compatibility, the RackStation RS2416+ 12-Bay iSCSI NAS Server from Synology is capable of handling a wide variety of server tasks including online defragmentation, offline file/system check, online data scrubbing, transparent compression, snapshots, checksums on both data and metadata, and much more. In addition to Btfs compatibility, the RS2416+ comes as an all-in-one server solution covering everything from website hosting to surveillance, print-server functionality, and can even act as your own personal VPN.
Along with server functionality, the RS2416+ features extensive backup options to ensure your data remains safe and secure. Encryption is essential in keeping intruders out; as a result, Synology utilizes the AES-NI standard, complete with transmission speeds of over 399 MB/s read and 198 MB/s write. You can also take advantage of virtualization options - including LUN backup, snapshot, and clone - for faster data backup, to reduce strain on system hardware and provide consistency across all backups. If merely backing up your data isn't sufficient, you can also create active/passive servers for enhanced data redundancy. By doing this, one server will always be mirrored to another which can be placed at an offsite location to avoid possible data loss due to fire, theft, weather, etc.
As with all NAS servers the server is only as good as the hardware it is running on. Inside the RS2416+ you will find a 2.4 GHz quad-core Intel Atom C2583 processor and 2GB of DDR3 RAM. If the installed RAM isn't sufficient, you can upgrade the RAM up to 6GB via the two memory slots. The 12 drive bays support both 2.5" and 3.5" SATA II and SATA III HDDs and SSDs, with a total internal raw capacity of 96TB. On the outside of the NAS server you can attach additional storage devices via either of the two USB 2.0, two USB 3.0 ports, or the single expansion port. Network connectivity is provided via the 4 Gigabit LAN ports offering enhanced network redundancy and wake on LAN/WAN functionality. To keep everything cool, Synology has included a four-piece system fan with cool mode and quiet mode to reduce system noise.
- Fast and Efficient Snapshots
- Snapshots preserve the history of a shared folder, allowing you to save up to 2,561 backup copies for point-in-time recovery. Snapshots can be automatically captured up to every 5 minutes, without noticeably impacting system performance.
- Metadata Mirroring and Survivability
- The Btrfs file system stores two copies of critical metadata on a volume, improving the availability and survivability of your business's important data.
- Corruption Detection and Correction
- By generating checksums for files and metadata, the system can automatically detect and attempt to repair corrupted data or report errors to the administrator.
- Customizable Quotas for Shared Folders
- With Btrfs, you can specify a storage limit for each shared folder, making it possible to precisely control space consumption when multiple teams or departments save files on the same Synology NAS server.
- Quad-Core CPU for Speedy Performance
- The RS2416+ is powered by a quad-core CPU running at 2.4 GHz. Combined with 2GB of DDR3 RAM (expandable to 6GB), it delivers blazing-fast performance over 450 MB/s reading and 380 MB/s writing. This kind of power makes it easy for the RS2416+ to run multiple applications and deliver consistently high throughput to all connected clients.
- On-the-Fly Scalability Up to 24 Drives
- As your data storage needs grow, the RS2416+ can be connected to a dedicated RX1214 expansion unit (sold separately), allowing you to expand storage capacity to 24 drives for a total of 168TB without disrupting service. Specially-designed connection cables ensure high-speed data transmission between the main server and an expansion unit
- Speed Data Encryption with AES-NI
- As businesses store more and more critical information in digital form, data encryption has become an essential aspect of any healthy security policy. Equipped with a dedicated AES-NI hardware encryption engine, the RS2416+ delivers encrypted data-transmission speeds of over 399 MB/s reading and 198 MB/s writing, making it the ideal digital locker for your sensitive data.
- Redundancy Mechanisms for Higher Uptime
- The RS2416+ includes redundant hardware mechanisms to ensure business continuity. The four built-in Ethernet ports with Link Aggregation and failover provide reliability in the event of unexpected hardware failure, while the hot-swappable drives minimize system downtime during drive replacement.
- SSD Cache Technology
- The RS2416+ supports a combination of hard drives and read/write-optimized SSD cache, boosting throughput efficiently while minimizing cost per gigabyte. With full SSD cache reading and writing support, the RS2416+ offers a significant reduction in I/O latency without crippling your budget.
- DiskStation Manager
- Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) is a sleek, browser-based operating system running on every DiskStation and RackStation, which makes managing your Synology NAS a breeze. Featuring an intuitive user interface, DSM makes accessing and sharing your data smarter and simpler. Synology's Package Center lets you download and install useful add-on packages designed specifically for individual or business needs, meaning you can enjoy more entertainment in your life or better productivity at work.
- Easily Fits Into Business Environments
- With the support of Windows AD, LDAP, and Domain Trust, the RS2416+ enables seamless account integration. The User Home feature can automatically create a "home" folder for every user account to minimize the administrator's effort in repeatedly creating "home" folders for all accounts. Windows ACL support on the RS2416+ allows IT administrators to fine tune access controls and set up privileges to files and folders on the RS2416+ through the familiar Windows user interface. With compatibility for major protocols, the RS2416+ can eliminate server configuration overhead and enhance IT administrators' efficiency
- Unified Storage System
- The RS2416+ enables businesses to cost-effectively manage multi-protocol data by integrating file-level (NAS) and block-level (SAN) storage into one unified storage system. Files can be shared across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms seamlessly with comprehensive network protocol support (CIFS/SMB, AFP, and NFS). The RS2416+ provides a cost-effective iSCSI solution, allowing large scale businesses to consolidate storage into data-center storage arrays. With thin provisioning available for a file-level iSCSI LUN, you can maximize storage utilization by oversubscribing provisions and grow storage space as needed.
- Seamless Storage Solution for Virtualization Environments
- The RS2416+ provides seamless storage solutions for virtualization environments, including VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft Hyper-V. With VMware vSphere 5 and VAAI integration, the RS2416+ helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computation power in VMware environments. Windows ODX support speeds up data manipulation as the data transfer is offloaded. iSCSI also lets SMB users consolidate storage into data center storage arrays while providing hosts with the illusion of locally-attached disks.
- Protection by LUN Backup, Snapshot, and Clone
- The RS2416+ enhances the ease of moving and copying data in a virtualized environment with the features - LUN Backup, LUN Snapshot, and LUN Clone. The RS2416+ offers iSCSI LUN backup at storage level without extra charge. Synology LUN Clone and LUN Snapshot only take up 1/1000 of the original size which highly optimizes storage usage. In addition, Synology's LUN Snapshot lets you create up 256 snapshots per LUN using point-in-time technology without having any impact on system performance. With better support to servers under VMware vSphere or Windows environment, IT managers can expect guaranteed VM status and data consistency through application-consistent snapshots.
- All-in-One Server
- With just one RS2416+, it's possible to handle a vast amount of tasks. The RS2416+ helps your company gain a competitive edge by acting as your multi-function server. Directory Server provides LDAP service, while DNS and DHCP packages allow you to host a domain name server and automate network IP assignment at no extra cost. With Synology's Proxy Server, you can regulate content access and monitor who can access which website while saving bandwidth. You can host up to 30 websites with Web Station, safeguard the office environment with Surveillance Station, send and receive mails using your own email domain with Mail Station, share printing capability with Printer Server, and make the RS2416+ act as a VPN server to access company's resources remotely, and more.
- Ensuring Business Continuity
- The RS2416+ supports Synology High Availability (SHA) technology which combines an active and passive server into one cluster, the former always mirrored to the latter. The Heartbeat mechanism detects regular "heartbeats" between the two servers. If the main server encounters unexpected downtime, the passive server immediately takes over. With multiple LAN ports, the RS2416+ also ensures redundancy in the event of unexpected network failure.
- Secure Your Data
- The RS2416+ offers advanced security measures to protect you from potential security holes. Security Advisor analyzes system settings, password strength, network preferences and removes any possible malware. AppArmor blocks malicious programs from accessing unauthorized system resources. You can also customize the trust level in Package Center to avoid installing packages from untrusted sources, safeguarding your NAS from unknown or tampered files. In addition, the RS2416+ provides other security add-ons, such as AES encryption, 2-Step verification, IP block and allow list, antivirus packages, firewall, and DoS attack prevention.
All product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.