Synology RackStation 32TB RS816 4-Bay NAS Server Kit (4 x 8TB)
- 32TB Storage Capacity
- 4 x 8TB 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" HDDs
- 1.8 GHz Marvell Armada 385 Dual-Core
- 1GB of DDR3 RAM
- 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- 2 x USB 3.0 and 1 x eSATA Port
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, and JBOD
- Up to 148 MB/s Read & Write Speeds
- Hardware Encryption Engine
- Synology DiskStation Manager OS
This B&H Kit combines the Synology RackStation RS816 4-Bay NAS Enclosure with four 8TB 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" hard drives for a total storage capacity of 32TB.
- Synology RackStation RS816 4-Bay NAS Enclosure
The RackStation RS816 4-Bay NAS Enclosure from Synology lets you create a shared storage pool of data with a small group of networked users. This RackStation sports four bays that can accommodate your 3.5" and 2.5" hard drives and SSDs. To manage the data, DSM operating system, and apps, Synology has armed this NAS with a dual-core 1.8 GHz Marvell Armada 385 processor along with 1GB of DDR3 RAM. It features a 1 RU form factor and connects to your network via two Gigabit Ethernet ports. For uninterruptible services, the networking ports offer failover and link-aggregation support. Other notable connections include one eSATA port as well as two USB 3.0 ports, so you can expand the RS816's capabilities with external storage drives, printers, and more. In addition, it lets you configure the drives in a RAID array, set up iSCSI LUNs, and encrypt the data.
- Compact and Agile
- The 1 RU, 4-bay rackmount NAS is only 12" deep and can be deployed in a 2-post or wall-mount rack, suitable for businesses where space is at a premium. In the meanwhile, the RS816 does not compromise any bit of its computing power, delivering read and write performance while providing a 142% increase in its encrypted writing performance compared to its predecessor.
- Dual-Core CPU with Hardware Encryption Engine
- Powered by a dual-core CPU with hardware encryption engine, the RS816 delivers fast advanced encryption performance in dual LAN bonding environments at over 148 MB/s reading, 81 MB/s writing, making sure your data is kept safe from prying eyes. Moreover, the built-in floating-point unit enables faster thumbnail creation when uploading a large amount of photos and videos, and the 1GB RAM significantly increases RS816's multi-tasking capability, making it a suitable rackmount server for demanding businesses.
- Flexible Scalability up to Eight Drives
- Designed to satisfy growing businesses, the RS816 can be easily scaled up to eight drives with an optional RX415 expansion unit for an additional 40TB volume, merging into one big 80TB volume, so businesses can start with a lower upfront cost and scale up storage capacity as demands grow while reducing time on storage management.
- Dual LAN with Failover and Link Aggregation Support
- The RS816 is equipped with two Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports capable of applying Link Aggregation technology, while offering automatic bandwidth optimization for each connected device. The two LAN ports also support failover, ensuring continual network service even when one connection is down. The RS816's hot-swappable design allows easy and risk-free hard drive replacement and maintenance, providing growing businesses with reliable redundancy mechanisms to keep operations running smoothly.
- All-in-One Server
- The RS816 acts as multi-function server. Directory Server provides LDAP service, while DNS and DHCP packages allow you to host a domain name server and automate network IP assignment at no extra cost. With Synology's Proxy Server, you can regulate content access and monitor who can access which website while saving bandwidth. You can host up to 30 websites with Web Station, safeguard the office environments with Surveillance Station, send and receive mails using your own email domain with MailPlus, share printing capability with Printer Server, make the RS816 act as a VPN server to access company's resources remotely, and more.
- DiskStation Manager
- Synology's DiskStation Manager (DSM) is a sleek, browser-based operating system running on every DiskStation and RackStation, which makes managing your Synology NAS a breeze. Featuring an intuitive user interface, DSM makes accessing and sharing your data smarter and simpler. Synology's Package Center lets you download and install useful add-on packages designed specifically for individual or business needs.
- Connect Your Data Quickly and Easily
- Synology aims to provide you a convenient way to enjoy all services on the RS816. With Synology QuickConnect, you don't have to deal with difficult DDNS setup. QuickConnect frees you from complicated router configuration and port-forwarding, so your entertainment and work files can be accessed on any computer, laptop, or mobile devices without extra charge.
- Backup Solution
- The Synology RS816 can serve as a centralized backup target. Whether you are a Windows or Mac user, you can back up everything on your computer directly to Synology NAS using Cloud Station Backup. Whenever you modify a file, the changes are backed up to RS816 automatically. Mac users also enjoy native Apple Time Machine support. You can also back up data from your RS816 to another DiskStation, rsync servers, external drives, or even Amazon S3, Glacier cloud service, Microsoft Azure, SFR, and hicloud. Synology Hyper Backup allows you to schedule backup tasks and restore the server to any particular point in time, while minimizing storage consumption and processing time by saving only the specific data block that has been changed between versions.
- File Center
- File Station is a fast and secure feature for sharing and managing your files stored on the RS816. Just drag-n-drop and upload data from a Mac or PC. Advanced filters make it easy to search for documents, photos, or videos. With built-in FTP or email clients, the RS816 lets you organize and share files through an advanced web application effortlessly. You can even share files and folders with others by simply sending a link. Files can be reached on mobile devices via the companion mobile app DS file. HTTPS, SSL/TLS encryption, and link expiry dates also ensure secure file sharing over the Internet.
- Cloud Service
- Cloud Station lets you sync files among DiskStations and multiple devices, including Windows PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, as well as Windows mobile devices, whereas 2-way sync allows file synchronization among different DiskStations. With Cloud Sync, you can even sync your DiskStation with online storage services to enjoy more storage flexibility and prevent data loss.
- Compatible Sharing
- Enjoy seamless files sharing across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms as the RS816 offers comprehensive network protocol support including FTP, SMB2, AFP, NFS and WebDAV. With Windows AD and LDAP integration, the RS816 can fit effortlessly into any existing network environment - there is no need for IT administrators to maintain two sets of credentials. You also won't worry about missing files with the Recycle Bin feature which is supported on AFP, CIFS, File Station, and WebDAV. All files deleted in a shared folder will be automatically moved into the Recycle Bin.
- Business Environments Friendly
- With the support of Windows AD, LDAP, and Domain Trust, the RS816 enables seamless account integration. The User Home feature can automatically create a "home" folder for every user account to minimize the administrator's effort in repeatedly creating "home" folders for all accounts. Windows ACL support on the RS816 allows IT administrators to fine-tune access controls and set up privileges to files and folders on the RS816 through the familiar Windows user interface. With compatibility for major protocols, the RS816 can eliminate server configuration overhead and enhance an IT administrators' efficiency.
- Eco-Friendly NAS Server
- The RS816 only consumes 12.4W in HDD Hibernation and 27.9W in access. The support of Wake on LAN/WAN and scheduled power on and off can further reduce power consumption and operation cost. Synology acknowledges the responsibility as a global citizen, so all Synology products are produced with RoHS compliant parts and packed with recyclable packing materials.
- 4 x WD 8TB Red 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD
Designed with home and small office/business customers in mind, the 8TB Red 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD from WD is well-suited for NAS environments with up to eight 3.5" drive bays. Engineered to handle increased workloads, this 8TB drive operates using a SATA III 6 Gb/s interface, a 128MB cache, and a rotational speed of 5400 rpm, all of which help to ensure uninterrupted data transfers with a sustained rate of up to 178 MB/s. This drive also features high levels of reliability, with 600,000 load/unload cycles, <10 in 10 14 non-recoverable read errors per bits read, error recovery controls, and 1,000,000 hours MTBF for 1-8 bay NAS systems. Also built into this drive are noise and vibration protection and WD's NASware 3.0 helps increase system compatibility, allowing WD Red drives to be more easily integrated with your existing network infrastructure.
- Fill Your NAS with WD Red
- Built for 1 to 8-bay NAS systems, WD Red lets users store their data in one unit
- NASware 3.0 Technology
- Built into every WD Red hard drive, NASware 3.0's technology helps improves your system's storage performance by increasing compatibility, integration, upgradeability, and reliability
- Built for NAS Compatibility
- Desktop drives aren't purpose-built for NAS, but WD Red drives with NASware are. WD's technology helps takes the guesswork out of selecting a drive. WD Red is for small NAS systems and WD's algorithm balances performance and reliability in NAS and RAID environments
- Desktop Drives vs. WD Red
- Desktop hard drives are not designed for NAS environments. Do right by your NAS and choose a drive with an array of features to help preserve your data and maintain optimum performance. Take the following into consideration when choosing a hard drive for your NAS:
- Compatibility: Without being tested for compatibility with your NAS system, improved performance is not guaranteed
- Reliability: The always-on environment of a NAS or RAID is a hot one and desktop drives aren't typically tested in those conditions. WD Red is
- Error Recovery Controls: WD Red NAS hard drives are specifically designed with RAID error recovery control to help reduce failures within the NAS system. Desktop drives are not typically designed for RAID environments where this can be an issue
- Noise and Vibration Protection: Designed to operate solo, desktop drives offer little or no protection from the noise and vibration faced in a multi-drive system. WD Red drives are designed for multi-bay NAS systems
- WD Red for Home
- Stream, backup, share, and organize your digital content at home with a NAS and WD Red drives designed to share content to the devices in your home. Red NASware helps increase your drives' compatibility with your devices, TV, stereo, and more
- WD Red for Small Business
- WD Red is a good hard drive choice for 1 to 8 bay systems. NASware 3.0 allows for integration with your existing network so WD Red can share and backup files at the speed of your business. For larger businesses with up to 16 bays, use WD Red Pro
- 3D Active Balance Plus
- This helps ensure your data is protected from excessive vibration and noise in a NAS or RAID environment. This dual-plane balance control helps reduce the degradation of your drive over time
- Since your NAS system is always on, a reliable drive is essential. With an MTBF of up to 1 million hours, the WD Red drive with NASware 3.0 is designed for 24x7 environments
- Cooler Operations
- By reducing power consumption, the operating temperature of your NAS stays cooler. With a lower temperature in your system, you can create a more reliable solution for your NAS
- Synology RackStation RS816 4-Bay NAS Enclosure
Hardware CPU 1.8 GHz Marvell Armada 385 88F6820 dual-core
Hardware Encryption Engine
Memory 1 GB of DDR3 Storage Drive Bays: 4
Max Drive Bays with Expansion Unit: 8
Drive Type: 3.5" SATA(III)/SATA(II) HDD, 2.5" SATA(III)/SATA(II) HDD, 2.5" SATA(III)/SATA(II) SSD
Maximum Single Volume Size: 16 TB
Hot Swappable drives supported
Ports 2 x USB 3.0
1 x eSATA
File System Internal Drives: EXT4
External Drives: EXT4, EXT3, FAT, NTFS, HFS+, exFAT
Network Connectivity 2 x Gigabit Ethernet with Link Aggregation / Failover support
Wake on LAN/WAN
DSM Specifications Storage Management Maximum Internal Volume Number: 256
Max iSCSI Target Number: 10
Max iSCSI LUN: 256
RAID Supported RAID Types: Synology Hybrid RAID, Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10
RAID Migration: Basic to RAID 1, Basic to RAID 5, RAID 1 to RAID 5, RAID 5 to RAID 6
Volume Expansion with Larger HDDs: Synology Hybrid RAID, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6
Volume Expansion by Adding a HDD: Synology Hybrid RAID, RAID 5, RAID 6 (with Expansion Unit), JBOD
Global Hot Spare Supported RAID Type: Synology Hybrid RAID, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6 (with Expansion Unit), RAID 10 (with Expansion Unit)
File Sharing Capability Max User Accounts: 2048
Max Groups: 256
Max Shared Folders: 256
Max Shared Folder Sync Tasks: 4
Max Concurrent CIFS/AFP/FTP Connections: 256
Windows Access Control List (ACL) integration
NFS Kerberos authentication
General Fan System Fan: 3 x 40 mm
Modes: cool and quiet
Noise Level 28.9 dB(A) Temperature & Humidity Operating: 41 to 95°F / 5 to 35°C
Storage: -5 to 140°F / -21 to 60°C
Relative Humidity: 5 to 95% RH
Certification FCC Class A, CE Class A, BSMI Class A, RoHS compliant Power Requirements AC Input Power Voltage: 100 to 240 VAC
Power Frequency: 50/60 Hz, single-phase
Power Supply: 150 W
Power Consumption: 27.9 W (access), 12.4 W (HDD hibernation)
Dimensions 1.7 x 16.9 x 11.4" / 44.0 x 430.5 x 290.0 mm Weight 9.6 lb / 4.3 kg Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 21.0 x 16.0 x 5.5"
- 4 x WD 8TB Red 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD
Capacity 8 TB Interface SATA III 6 Gb/s Form Factor 3.5" Advanced Format (AF) Yes Native Command Queuing Yes RoHS Compliant Yes Performance Data Transfer Rate (max) Buffer to Host: 6 Gb/s
Host to/from drive (sustained): 178 MB/s
Cache 128 MB Rotational Speed 5400 rpm Reliability / Data Integrity Load/Unload Cycles 600,000 Non-Recoverable Read Errors per Bits Read <1 in 10 14 Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) 1,000,000 hours (for a 1-8 bay NAS) Power Management 12 VDC ±10% (Peak) 1.79 A Average Power Requirements Read/Write: 6.4 W
Idle: 5.2 W
Standby/Sleep: 0.7 W
Environmental Specifications Temperature Operating: 32 to 149°F / 0 to 65°C
Non-Operating: -40 to 158°F / -40 to 70°C
Shock Operating (2 ms, read/write): 30 Gs
Operating (2 ms, read): 65 Gs
Non-Operating (2 ms): 250 Gs
Acoustics Idle: 20 dBA
Seek (average): 29 dBA
Physical Dimensions Dimensions 1.028 x 5.787 x 4.000" / 26.111 x 146.990 x 101.600 mm Weight 1.43 lb / 0.65 kg (± 10%) Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 8.8 x 6.1 x 2.9"
- RackStation RS816 4-Bay NAS Enclosure
- Accessory Pack
- AC Power Cord
- Limited 3-Year Warranty
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.