Synology DiskStation DS3615xs 12-Bay NAS Enclosure
- Supports Hard Drives or SSDs
- Each Bay Holds 2.5" or 3.5" Drive
- Hot Swappable Drive Bays
- Max Read Speed of 2351 MB/s
- Intel Core i3 Processor
- 4GB of RAM
- 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- Upgradable to 10GbE
- Synology DiskStation Manager
- Synology Surveillance Station Compatible
The DiskStation DS3615xs 12-Bay NAS Enclosure from Synology features twelve bays that can each house a hard drive or an SSD to provide centralized data protection, simplify data management, and deploy a virtualization solution. Since no drives are included, you can install an optional 2.5" or 3.5" SATA storage drive in each bay. In addition, it allows you to hot swap a drive that needs to be replaced or upgraded. When additional storage space is needed, this enclosure has two expansion ports that can connect up to two optional Synology DX1215 expansion units, which offer 24 more bays to support up to 36 storage drives. To quickly manage the data, this enclosure is built with an Intel Core i3 processor and 4GB of RAM. Your data is also kept safe with a hardware encryption engine that transfers and encrypts sensitive data on the fly without significant performance lost.
This enclosure comes pre-installed with Synology DiskStation Manager, which is a browser-based operating system that makes accessing and sharing your data smarter and simpler. DiskStation Manager also lets you download and install add-on packages that tailor this enclosure to your needs. You can utilize it as an online storage solution with Cloud Station or store live video feeds from up to 75 IP cams with Surveillance Station.
This NAS enclosure is equipped with four gigabit Ethernet LAN ports with link aggregation and failover support that provide reliable access to the store data for your network. It offers a PCI express x8 slot to accept an optional 10GbE network interface card for faster network transfers. With Windows Active Directory and LDAP integration, you can create a user account without needing to maintain two sets of credentials since DiskStation Manager integrates with your existing account system. Another useful feature for business IT administrators is the ability to create individual access to files and folders on the enclosure with Windows ACL support. Included with the DiskStation DS3615xs 12-bay NAS enclosure are an accessory pack, power cord, and two RJ-45 cables.
- DS3615xs delivers up to 2351.23 MB/s throughput in reading and 236,353.92 read IOPS. It is equipped with 4GB RAM and up to 32GB ECC RAM expansion support, so enterprises can provide data accuracy as well as performance.
- Hardware Encryption Engine Enhances File Transfer Speeds
- Encrypting data is essential to a healthy security policy. Equipped with a dedicated hardware encryption engine, DS3615xs encrypts and transfers files and folders on the fly without significant performance loss. DS3615xs delivers encrypted data transmission speeds at 2282.38 MB/s.
- Scalability up to 36 Drives
- With 12 HDD trays and support for adding up to two Synology DX1215 expansion units, DS3615xs provides the ability to seamlessly expand up to 216TB of raw storage capacity and expand a single volume up to 108TB on the fly. When the storage capacity of DS3615xs nears it limit, expansion is easily accomplished as it supports up to 36 HDDs or SSDs. DS3615xs provides enterprises flexible capacity and balanced performance to meet the needs of varying applications and processes.
- 10GbE and SATA III 6 Gb/s Support
- In addition to the four default Gigabit Ethernet ports, DS3615xs comes with one PCI Express Gen 3 x8 slot, allowing installation of 10GbE Network Interface Cards (NIC) for maximized bandwidth. With native SATA III 6 Gb/s support, DS3615xs ensures the optimum data process under heavy system loading.
- SSD Cache Technology
- DS3615xs enables the combination of hard drives and read/write-optimized SSD cache, boosting throughput efficiently while minimizing cost per gigabyte. With full SSD cache reading and writing support, DS3615xs offers a significant reduction in I/O latency without crippling your budget.
- DiskStation Manager
- This NAS is pre-installed with DiskStation Manager that is a browser-based operating system, which makes managing your Synology NAS easy. Featuring an intuitive user interface, DSM makes accessing and sharing your data smarter and simpler. Synology's Package Center lets you download and install useful add-on packages designed specifically for individual or business needs, meaning you can enjoy more entertainment in your life or better productivity at work.
- Available Add-On Packages
- Antivirus Essential
Antivirus by McAfee (Trial)
Central Management System
- Fit into Business Environments Easily
- With the support of Windows AD, LDAP, and Domain Trust, DS3615xs enables seamless account integration. The User Home feature can automatically create a "home" folder for every user account to minimize the administrator's effort in repeatedly creating "home" folders for all accounts. Windows ACL support on DS3615xs allows IT administrators to fine tune access controls and set up privileges to files and folders on DS3615xs through the familiar Windows user interface. With compatibility for major protocols, DS3615xs can eliminate server configuration overhead and enhance IT administrators' efficiency.
- Storage Solution for Virtualization Environments
- DS3615xs supports VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft Hyper-V. With VMware vSphere 5 and VAAI integration, DS3615xs helps offload specific storage operations and optimizes computation power in VMware environments. Windows ODX support speeds up data manipulation as the data transfer is offloaded. iSCSI also lets SMB users consolidate storage into data center storage arrays while providing hosts with the illusion of locally-attached disks.
- Unified Storage System
- DS3615xs enables businesses to cost-effectively manage multi-protocol data by integrating file-level (NAS) and block-level (SAN) storage into one unified storage system. Files can be shared across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms seamlessly with comprehensive network protocol support (CIFS/SMB, AFP, and NFS). DS3615xs provides a cost-effective iSCSI solution, allowing large-scale businesses to consolidate storage into data center storage arrays. With thin provisioning available for file-level iSCSI LUN, you can maximize storage utilization by oversubscribing provisions and grow storage space as needed.
- Protection by LUN Backup, Snapshot, and Clone
- DS3615xs enhances the ease of moving and copying data in a virtualized environment with the features LUN Backup, LUN Snapshot, and LUN Clone. It offers iSCSI LUN backup at storage level without extra charge. Synology LUN Clone and LUN Snapshot only take up 1/1000 of the original size to optimize storage usage. In addition, Synology's LUN Snapshot lets you create up 256 snapshots per LUN using point-in-time technology without having any impact on system performance. With better support to servers under VMware vSphere or Windows environment, IT managers can expect VM status and data consistency through application-consistent snapshots.
- Synology Central Management System
- For enterprises with more than one Synology NAS server, CMS offers the flexibility and convenience for IT administrators to manage all of them from a single point of entry. Through a simple interface, you can obtain a clear overview on resource consumption and logs, helping you identify any issue right away. With group policies, CMS can do much more for your daily tasks. Once a NAS joins a group, it will automatically adopt its rules and behave as intended, without extra configuration.
- Increase Business Productivity with Cloud Solutions
- With comprehensive cloud solutions, DS3615xs lets you create your own private cloud easily. Cloud Station syncs files across multiple devices. Files can be edited in offline mode and later synced to Cloud Station, which keeps up to 32 historical versions, allowing you to restore a file back to previous version or recover deleted files. With the mobile app DS cloud, any change made to a file is automatically synced to your smartphones and tablets. For distributed enterprises, Synology's 2-way sync between different DiskStations ensures employees at different locations share the same information in real-time. IT administrators can handpick individual folders that they want to sync to different devices, manually or automatically based on file format and size. Folders synced by Cloud Station can be encrypted on DSM - no one will be able to access its content without your private key.
- Business Continuity and Reliability
- DS3615xs offers Synology High Availability (SHA) technology which combines an active and passive server into one cluster, the former always mirrored to the latter. Shared Folder Sync can replicate data in real-time to another Synology NAS at a remote location, giving your business the Recovery Time Objective (RTO) for prompt disaster recovery. With multiple LAN ports, DS3615xs also ensures redundancy in the event of unexpected network failure.
- Secure Your Data
- This NAS enclosure offers advanced security measures to protect you from potential security holes. Security Advisor analyzes system settings, password strength, network preferences, and removes any possible malware. AppArmor blocks malicious programs from accessing unauthorized system resources. You can also customize the trust level in Package Center to avoid installing packages from untrusted sources, safeguarding your NAS from unknown or tampered files. In addition, DS3615xs provides other security add-ons, such as AES encryption, 2-Step verification, IP block and allow list, Antivirus packages, firewall, and DoS attack prevention.
|CPU Processor|| Model: Dual-Core Intel Core i3-4130 3.4 GHz |
Hardware Encryption Engine (AES-NI)
|Memory|| System Memory: 4 GB DDR3 ECC |
Memory Module Pre-Installed: 2 GB x 2
Total Memory Slots: 4
|Storage|| Drive Bays: 12 |
Compatible Drive Type: 3.5" and 2.5" SATA III / SATA II HDD and SSD
Hot Swappable Drive Supported: Yes
|External Ports|| 2 x USB 3.0 ports |
2 x Expansion ports
|File System|| Internal Drives: EXT4 |
External Drives: EXT4, EXT3, FAT, NTFS, and HFS+
|Networking|| 4 x RJ-45 Gigabit LAN ports with Link Aggregation/Failover support |
Wake on LAN/WAN
1 x PCIe x8 slot for network card
|Fans|| 2 x 120 x 120 mm fans |
Easily replaceable system fans
|Wireless Support (Dongle)||Yes|
|Noise Level||27.4 dBA|
|Power|| Power Supply Unit: 500 W |
AC Input Power Voltage: 100 to 240 VAC
Power Frequency: 50/60 Hz, single phase
Power Consumption: 88.48 W (access) / 43.54 W (HDD hibernation)
Scheduled power On/Off
|Environmental|| Operating Temperature: 41 to 95°F / 5 to 35°C |
Storage Temperature: -4 to 140°F / -20 to 60°C
Relative Humidity: 5 to 95% RH
|Certification|| FCC Class B |
CE Class B
BSMI Class B
|Maximum Single Volume Size|| 200 TB (installation of 32 GB RAM is required) |
|Maximum Internal Volume Number||1024|
|Maximum iSCSI Target Number||64|
|Maximum iSCSI LUN||512|
|Support Services|| iSCSI LUN Clone/Snapshot |
|Supported RAID Type|| Basic |
|RAID Migration|| Basic to RAID 1 |
Basic to RAID 5
RAID 1 to RAID 5
RAID 5 to RAID 6
|Volume Expansion with Larger HDDs|| RAID 1 |
|Volume Expansion by Adding a HDD|| RAID 5 |
|Global Hot Spare Supported RAID Type|| RAID 1 |
|Supports|| SSD Read/Write Cache |
|File Sharing Capacity|
|Maximum User Accounts||16000|
|Maximum Shared Folders||512|
|Maximum Shared Folder Sync Tasks||16|
|Maximum Concurrent CIFS/AFP/FTP Connections||1024|
|Syslog Events per Second||3000|
|Supports|| Windows Access Control List (ACL) Integration |
NFS Kerberos Authentication
High Availability Manager
|Virtualization|| VMware vSphere 5 with VAAI |
Windows Server 2012
Windows Server 2012 R2
|Software Specifications|| Cloud Station |
Maximum Concurrent File Transfers: 1024
Maximum Concurrent Download Tasks: 80
Maximum IP cam (each cam requires a license): 75 (including 2 free license)
Total FPS (H.264): 2250 FPS @ 720p (1280 x 800), 650 FPS @ 1080p (1920 × 1080), 450 FPS @ 3 M (2048 x 1536), and 200 FPS @ 5 M (2591 x 1944)
Total FPS (MJPEG): 600 FPS @ 720p (1280 x 800), 240 FPS @ 1080p (1920 × 1080), 150 FPS @ 3 M (2048 x 1536), and 150 FPS @ 5 M (2591 x 1944)
Maximum Task Number: 16
Video Transcoding: Group 1
Maximum Connections: 30
|Dimensions (HxWxD)||10.6 x 11.8 x 13.4" / 270.0 x 300.0 x 340.0 mm|
|Weight||21.6 lb / 9.8 kg|
|Package Weight||30.05 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||18.5 x 17.1 x 16.6"|
- Accessory Pack
- AC Power Cord
- 2 x RJ-45 LAN Cables
- Limited 5-Year Warranty
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.