Synology DiskStation 32TB DS416j 4-Bay NAS Server Kit (4 x 8TB)
- 32TB Storage Capacity
- 4 x 8TB 3.5" 5400 rpm SATA III HDDs
- 1.3 GHz Marvell Armada 388 Dual-Core
- 512MB of DDR3 RAM
- 1 x Gigabit Ethernet Port
- 1 x USB 3.0 Port & 1 x USB 2.0 Port
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, & JBOD
- Up to 112.82 MB/s Read & Write Speeds
- Hardware Encryption Engine
- Synology DiskStation Manager OS
This B&H Kit combines the Synology DiskStation DS416j 4-Bay NAS Enclosure with four 8TB 3.5" 5400 rpm SATA III hard drives for a total storage capacity of 32TB.
- Synology DiskStation DS416j 4-Bay NAS Enclosure
The DiskStation DS416j 4-Bay NAS Enclosure from Synology is a file backup, storage, and sharing solution that is well suited for use as a home storage and entertainment center. It comes equipped with four drive bays that are capable of supporting both 3.5" and 2.5" SATA III 6 Gb/s and SATA II 3 Gb/s hard drives and solid-state drives. Using its four drive bays and hardware encryption, this NAS will allow you to store and share a large number of files, including videos, music, photos, and documents with up to 1,024 users.
The DS416j runs on Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) OS, which is a browser-based operating system which helps to simplify managing your Synology NAS. Its CPU is a 1.3 GHz Marvell Armada 388 88F6828 Dual-Core that runs in 32-bit mode and its 512MB of DDR3 RAM allows frequently-used files and applications to be quickly accessed. The NAS is capable of achieving read speeds of 112.82 MB/s, write speeds of 101.2 MB/s, and features one USB 3.0 port and one USB 2.0 port, both of which allow it to be connected to your Windows, Mac, or Linux system. Internet connectivity is achieved via the included Gigabit Ethernet port, allowing your stored data to be shared with users throughout the network. Data may also be made remotely available through the free iOS and Android applications.
Using the integrated media server on the DS416j, you have the ability to stream digital multimedia content from the DiskStation to media devices for local or remote playback. You may also stream movies and music to a DLNA-compatible device to enjoy your favorite movies or shows stored on the DiskStation.
The DS416j also serves as a centralized backup target for all the computers in your home. Windows users can back up data to the DS416j via Windows Backup, while Mac OS X users will be able to take advantage of native Apple Time Machine integration. You have the ability to set the backup destination to not only be local hard disks, but also connected USB drives or the cloud. The DS416j also supports a variety of RAID modes, including RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, Basic, and Synology Hybrid, each of which provides performance, data redundancy, or a combination of both. For those who do not require RAID support, JBOD is also supported.
The DS416j is also engineered to be energy efficient. Not only does it offer a larger fan and smart airflow to keep the system running cool at all times, its noise dampening design of 19.1 dB(A) makes for quiet operation. The server supports numerous scheduled power on / off cycles and hard drive hibernation to further minimize power consumption and operation expenses.
The DS416j operates on 100-240 VAC at 50/60 Hz and includes an accessory pack, an AC power adapter, an AC power cord, and an Ethernet cable.
- Built-In Floating-Point Unit
- Powered by a built-in floating-point unit, the DS416j brings an improved multimedia experience to home and personal users. The built-in floating-point unit helps enhance the overall capability of the main CPU and is particularly advantageous in speeding up thumbnail creation when uploading large amounts of photos or videos
- USB 3.0
- The DS416j comes with a USB 3.0 port to connect to various kinds of external storage devices, while ensuring fast and efficient file transfer speeds. Support for USB 3.0 offers transfer speeds of up to 5 Gb/s (about 10 times faster than USB 2.0), meaning it takes less time to transfer data to external hard drives, while also consuming less power
- Four-Level Brightness Control for Front LEDs
- Equipped with flexible LED indicators, the DS416j's front LEDs can provide comfortable brightness by controlling and scheduling its four-stage brightness, letting you flexibly decide the intensity of the front LEDs according to environment needs
- DiskStation Manager OS
- Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) is a browser-based operating system running on every DiskStation and RackStation, which makes managing your Synology NAS a breeze. Featuring an intuitive user interface, DSM makes accessing and sharing your data smarter and simpler. Synology's Package Center lets you download and install useful add-on packages designed specifically for individual or business needs, meaning you can enjoy more entertainment in your life or better productivity at work
- Compatible Sharing
- Enjoy file sharing across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms as the DS416j offers comprehensive network protocol support including FTP, SMB2, AFP, NFS, and WebDAV. With Windows AD and LDAP integration, the DS416j can fit into any existing network environment - there is no need for IT administrators to maintain two sets of credentials. You also won't worry about missing files with the Recycle Bin feature which is supported on AFP, CIFS, File Station, and WebDAV. All files deleted in a shared folder will be automatically moved into the Recycle Bin
- Backup Solution
- The Synology DS416j can serve as a centralized backup target. Whether you are a Windows or Mac user, you can back up everything on your computer directly to a Synology NAS using Cloud Station. Whenever you modify a file, the changes are backed up to the DS416j automatically. Mac users also enjoy native Apple Time Machine support. You can also back up data from your DS416j to another DiskStation, rsync server, external drive, or even Amazon S3, Glacier cloud service, Microsoft Azure, SFR, and hicloud. Backup & Replication allows you to schedule backup tasks and restore the server to any particular point in time, while minimizing storage consumption and processing time by saving only the specific data block that has been changed between versions
- DLNA Certified Media Server
- As a DLNA Certified DMS (Digital Media Server), the DS416j can serve as your primary media server, with the capability to host digital multimedia content for local or remote playback. Once connected to a router, the DS416j streams music, photos, and videos to DLNA-compliant devices, such as DLNA TVs or gaming consoles without any pre-configuration. You can even browse and select content on DS416j using DS audio and designate a DLNA player within the same local network to play it
- Stream Content to Your TV
- The DS416j is compatible with other devices, letting you manage and enjoy digital content with the devices you already have: computers, mobile devices, TVs, DLNA devices, and stereos. Synology offers support for TV streaming, including Samsung TV, Roku players, Apple TV, and Google Chromecast, meaning you can stream digital content stored on the DS416j to your widescreen TV
- Cloud Service
- The DS416j brings you a comprehensive cloud service. Cloud Station lets you sync files among DiskStations and multiple devices, including Windows PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android, as well as Windows mobile devices, whereas 2-way sync allows file synchronization among different DiskStations. You can even sync your DiskStation with Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, hubiC, and Baidu Cloud - establish your hybrid cloud to enjoy more storage flexibility and prevent data loss
- Connect Your Data Quickly and Easily
- Synology aims to provide you with a convenient way to enjoy all services on the DS416j. With Synology QuickConnect, you don't have to deal with difficult DDNS setups. QuickConnect helps free you from complicated router configurations and port-forwarding, so your entertainment and work files can be accessed on almost any computer, laptop, or mobile devices
- Synology develops versatile mobile apps - DS note, DS audio, DS video, DS photo+, DS cloud, DS file, DS download, and DS cam - allowing you to access and manage the contents of your DS416j with smartphones and tablets. With Synology mobile apps, your multimedia collection and work files are always on the go
- Eco-Friendly NAS Server
- All Synology NAS are designed with energy efficiency in mind. On average, the DS416j only consumes 12.75W in HDD Hibernation and 21.6W in access. With its fans and the smart airflow design, the DS416j helps keeps the system running cool 24/7, while its noise dampening design helps makes it quiet
- 4 x WD 8TB Red 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD
Designed with home and small office/business customers in mind, the 8TB Red 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD from WD is well-suited for NAS environments with up to eight 3.5" drive bays. Engineered to handle increased workloads, this 8TB drive operates using a SATA III 6 Gb/s interface, a 128MB cache, and a rotational speed of 5400 rpm, all of which help to ensure uninterrupted data transfers with a sustained rate of up to 178 MB/s. This drive also features high levels of reliability, with 600,000 load/unload cycles, <10 in 10 14 non-recoverable read errors per bits read, error recovery controls, and 1,000,000 hours MTBF for 1-8 bay NAS systems. Also built into this drive are noise and vibration protection and WD's NASware 3.0 helps increase system compatibility, allowing WD Red drives to be more easily integrated with your existing network infrastructure.
- Fill Your NAS with WD Red
- Built for 1 to 8-bay NAS systems, WD Red lets users store their data in one unit
- NASware 3.0 Technology
- Built into every WD Red hard drive, NASware 3.0's technology helps improves your system's storage performance by increasing compatibility, integration, upgradeability, and reliability
- Built for NAS Compatibility
- Desktop drives aren't purpose-built for NAS, but WD Red drives with NASware are. WD's technology helps takes the guesswork out of selecting a drive. WD Red is for small NAS systems and WD's algorithm balances performance and reliability in NAS and RAID environments
- Desktop Drives vs. WD Red
- Desktop hard drives are not designed for NAS environments. Do right by your NAS and choose a drive with an array of features to help preserve your data and maintain optimum performance. Take the following into consideration when choosing a hard drive for your NAS:
- Compatibility: Without being tested for compatibility with your NAS system, improved performance is not guaranteed
- Reliability: The always-on environment of a NAS or RAID is a hot one and desktop drives aren't typically tested in those conditions. WD Red is
- Error Recovery Controls: WD Red NAS hard drives are specifically designed with RAID error recovery control to help reduce failures within the NAS system. Desktop drives are not typically designed for RAID environments where this can be an issue
- Noise and Vibration Protection: Designed to operate solo, desktop drives offer little or no protection from the noise and vibration faced in a multi-drive system. WD Red drives are designed for multi-bay NAS systems
- WD Red for Home
- Stream, backup, share, and organize your digital content at home with a NAS and WD Red drives designed to share content to the devices in your home. Red NASware helps increase your drives' compatibility with your devices, TV, stereo, and more
- WD Red for Small Business
- WD Red is a good hard drive choice for 1 to 8 bay systems. NASware 3.0 allows for integration with your existing network so WD Red can share and backup files at the speed of your business. For larger businesses with up to 16 bays, use WD Red Pro
- 3D Active Balance Plus
- This helps ensure your data is protected from excessive vibration and noise in a NAS or RAID environment. This dual-plane balance control helps reduce the degradation of your drive over time
- Since your NAS system is always on, a reliable drive is essential. With an MTBF of up to 1 million hours, the WD Red drive with NASware 3.0 is designed for 24x7 environments
- Cooler Operations
- By reducing power consumption, the operating temperature of your NAS stays cooler. With a lower temperature in your system, you can create a more reliable solution for your NAS
- Synology DiskStation DS416j 4-Bay NAS Enclosure
Hardware Specifications CPU CPU Model 1.3 GHz Marvell Armada 388 88F6828 Dual-Core (32-bit) Floating Point Yes Hardware Encryption Engine Yes Memory System Memory 512 MB DDR3 Storage Drive Bays 4 Compatible Drive Types 3.5" SATA III / SATA II HDD
2.5" SATA III / SATA II HDD
2.5" SATA III / SATA II SSD
External Ports USB 3.0 1 USB 2.0 1 RJ-45 1GbE LAN Port 1 File System Internal Drives EXT4 External Drives EXT4, EXT3, FAT, NTFS, HFS+ (Read Only, max volume size 2 TB) General Wake on LAN/WAN Yes System Fan 2 x 80 x 80 mm Fans Fan Speed Mode Cool Mode
Wireless Support (Dongle) Yes Brightness Adjustable Front LED Indicators Yes Power Recovery Yes Noise Level 19.1 dB(A) Scheduled Power On/Off Yes Power Supply Unit / Adapter 90 W AC Input Power Voltage 100 to 240 VAC Power Frequency 50/60 Hz, Single Phase Power Consumption 21.6 W (Access)
12.75 W (HDD Hibernation)
Temperature & Humidity Operating Temperature 40 to 104°F / 4 to 40°C Storage Temperature -5 to 140°F / -21 to 60°C Relative Humidity 5 to 95% Certification Certification
- FCC Class B
- CE Class B
- BSMI Class B
DSM Specifications Storage Management Max Internal Volume Number 256 Maximum iSCSI Target Number 10 Maximum iSCSI LUN 10 Supported RAID Type Synology Hybrid RAID
RAID Migration Basic to RAID 1
Basic to RAID 5
RAID 1 to RAID 5
RAID 5 to RAID 6
Volume Expansion with Larger HDDs Synology Hybrid RAID
Volume Expansion by Adding a HDD Synology Hybrid RAID
Global Hot Spare Supported RAID Type Synology Hybrid RAID
File Sharing Capacity Max User Accounts 1,024 Max Groups 256 Max Shared Folder 256 Max Shared Folder Sync Tasks 2 Max Concurrent CIFS/AFP/FTP Connections 128 Windows Access Control List (ACL) Yes NFS Kerberos Authentication Yes Log Center Syslog Events per Second 100 Environment & Packaging Environment RoHS Compliant Dimensions 7.24 x 6.61 x 9.06" / 184.00 x 168.00 x 230.00 mm Weight 4.87 lb / 2.21 kg Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 11.3 x 9.8 x 9.2"
- 4 x WD 8TB Red 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD
Capacity 8 TB Interface SATA III 6 Gb/s Form Factor 3.5" Advanced Format (AF) Yes Native Command Queuing Yes RoHS Compliant Yes Performance Data Transfer Rate (max) Buffer to Host: 6 Gb/s
Host to/from drive (sustained): 178 MB/s
Cache 128 MB Rotational Speed 5400 rpm Reliability / Data Integrity Load/Unload Cycles 600,000 Non-Recoverable Read Errors per Bits Read <1 in 10 14 Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) 1,000,000 hours (for a 1-8 bay NAS) Power Management 12 VDC ±10% (Peak) 1.79 A Average Power Requirements Read/Write: 6.4 W
Idle: 5.2 W
Standby/Sleep: 0.7 W
Environmental Specifications Temperature Operating: 32 to 149°F / 0 to 65°C
Non-Operating: -40 to 158°F / -40 to 70°C
Shock Operating (2 ms, read/write): 30 Gs
Operating (2 ms, read): 65 Gs
Non-Operating (2 ms): 250 Gs
Acoustics Idle: 20 dBA
Seek (average): 29 dBA
Physical Dimensions Dimensions 1.028 x 5.787 x 4.000" / 26.111 x 146.990 x 101.600 mm Weight 1.43 lb / 0.65 kg (± 10%) Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 8.8 x 6.1 x 2.9"
- DiskStation DS416j 4-Bay NAS Enclosure
- Accessory Pack
- AC Power Adapter
- AC Power Cord
- RJ-45 LAN Cable
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.