Synology DiskStation 32TB DS416 4-Bay NAS Server Kit (4 x 8TB)
- 32TB Storage Capacity
- 4 x 8TB 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" HDDs
- 1.4 GHz Annapurna AL-212 Dual-Core CPU
- 1GB of DDR3 RAM
- 2 x Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- 3 x USB 3.0 Ports
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, and JBOD
- Up to 220 MB/s Read & Write Speeds
- Hardware Encryption Engine
- Synology DiskStation Manager OS
- Diskstation DS416 4-Bay NAS Server
- Accessory Pack
- AC Power Adapter
- 2 x RJ-45 LAN Cables
- Limited 2-Year Manufacturer Warranty
- Synology Diskstation DS416 4-Bay NAS Server
Hardware CPU Annapurna Labs Alpine AL-212 dual-core 1.4 GHz processor Hardware Encryption Engine Yes Floating Point Unit Yes RAM 1 GB DDR3 Compatible Drive Types 2 x 3.5"/2.5" SATA III/II (hard drives not included) Maximum Internal Capacity 32 TB (4 x 8 TB HDD)
(The actual capacity will differ according to volume types)
Hot Swappable Drives Yes External Ports 3 x USB 3.0 ports LAN 2 x Gigabit RJ-45 Ethernet ports Wake on LAN/WAN Yes Wireless Support Yes (wireless dongles not included) AC Input Power Voltage 100 to 240 V Power Frequency 50 to 60 Hz, single phase Temperature & Humidity Operating Temperature: 40 to 104�F / 5 to 40�C
Storage Temperature: -5 to 140�F / -20 to 60�C
Relative Humidity: 5 to 95%
General Networking Protocols CIFS, AFP, NFS, FTP, WebDAV, CalDAV, iSCSI, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, VPN (PPTP, OpenVPN, L2TP) File System Internal: ext4
External: ext4, ext3, FAT, NTFS, HFS+ (read only)
Storage Management Maximum Single Volume Size: 16 TB
Maximum Internal Volume: 256
Maximum iSCSI Target: 10
Maximum iSCSI LUN: 10
Supported RAID Type Synology Hybrid RAID, Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID 10 File Sharing Capability Maximum User Account: 2048
Maximum Group: 256
Maximum Shared Folder: 256
Maximum Concurrent CIFS/AFP/FTP/File Station Connection: 256
User Privelages Windows Access Control List (ACL) Directory Service Windows AD Integration: Domain Users login via Samba (CIFS)/AFP/FTP/File Station, LDAP integration Security FTP over SSL/TLS, IP auto-block, firewall, encrypted network backup over Rsync, HTTPS connection Utilities Synology Web Assistant, Synology Assistant, Cloud Station, Photo Station Uploader, Evidence Integrity Authenticator Supported Clients Windows XP onwards, Mac OS X 10.7 onwards, Ubuntu 12 onwards Supported Browsers Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer: 8 onwards, Safari 7 onwards, Safari (iOS 7 onwards on iPad), Chrome (Android 4.0 onwards on tablets) Applications File Station Virtual drive, remote folder, Windows ACL editor, compress/extract archived files, bandwidth control for specific users or groups, create sharing links, transfer logs Backup Solutions Network backup; local backup; desktop backup; configuration backup; OS X Time Machine; backup data to public cloud
Shared Folder Sync - Maximum Task Number: 4
Mail Server Supported Mail Server protocols: POP3, SMTP, IMAP, support LDAP/AD account FTP Server Bandwidth control for TCP connections, custom FTP passive port range, anonymous FTP, FTP SSL/TLS and SFTP protocols, boot over the network with TFTP and PXE support, transfer logs Web Station Virtual host (up to 30 websites), PHP/MariaDB, 3rd-party applications support Printer Server Maximum Printer: 2
Printing Protocols: LPR, CIFS, IPP, iOS printing, Google Cloud Print, multi functional print server (MFP functions are for Windows PC only)
Storage Analyzer Volume and quota usage, total size of files, volume usage and trends based on past usage, size of shared folders, largest/most/least frequently modified files Security Adviser Malware detection/removal, user account/password, network, system-related security scan Log Entries SSL connection, log rotation: 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, email notification iOS/Android Applications DS cloud, DS file, DS finder, DS cam, DS note, DS audio, DS download, DS photo, DS video Windows Phone Applications DS file, DS finder, DS audio, DS download, DS photo, DS video Other Specifications RoHS Compliant Yes Dimensions 6.5 x 8.0 x 9.2" / 165.0 x 203.0 x 233.2 mm Weight 4.50 lb / 2.04 kg Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 11.3 x 10.4 x 9.6"
- 4 x WD 8TB Red 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD
Capacity 8 TB Interface SATA III 6 Gb/s Form Factor 3.5" Advanced Format (AF) Yes Native Command Queuing Yes RoHS Compliant Yes Performance Data Transfer Rate (max) Buffer to Host: 6 Gb/s
Host to/from drive (sustained): 178 MB/s
Cache 128 MB Rotational Speed 5400 rpm Reliability / Data Integrity Load/Unload Cycles 600,000 Non-Recoverable Read Errors per Bits Read <1 in 10 14 Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) 1,000,000 hours (for a 1-8 bay NAS) Power Management 12 VDC �10% (Peak) 1.79 A Average Power Requirements Read/Write: 6.4 W
Idle: 5.2 W
Standby/Sleep: 0.7 W
Environmental Specifications Temperature Operating: 32 to 149�F / 0 to 65�C
Non-Operating: -40 to 158�F / -40 to 70�C
Shock Operating (2 ms, read/write): 30 Gs
Operating (2 ms, read): 65 Gs
Non-Operating (2 ms): 250 Gs
Acoustics Idle: 20 dBA
Seek (average): 29 dBA
Physical Dimensions Dimensions 1.028 x 5.787 x 4.000" / 26.111 x 146.990 x 101.600 mm Weight 1.43 lb / 0.65 kg (� 10%) Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 8.8 x 6.1 x 2.9"
This B&H Kit combines the Synology Diskstation DS416 4-Bay NAS Server with four 8TB 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" hard drives for a total storage capacity of 32TB.
- Synology Diskstation DS416 4-Bay NAS Server
With four separate drive bays and the ability to house up to 32 terabytes of data, the Diskstation DS416 4-Bay NAS Server from Synology can house your important documents, photos, HD movies, videos and more. The installed hot swappable drives can be configured into a variety of RAID formats including Synology Hybrid RAID, Basic, JBOD, RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, RAID 6, and RAID 10 to suit your specific storage needs.
Stored files can be accessed quickly and efficiently thanks to the dual-core CPU and 1GB of DDR3 RAM ensuring smooth system performance. Dual fail-over Gigabit Ethernet ports support a data read speed of up to 221.05 MB/s and data write speed of up to 139.51 MB/s. In addition to the integrated Gigabit Ethernet ports, you can also connect additional USB compatible storage devices to the DS416 making it easy to transfer files to and from thumb drives and external hard drives.
Running on Synology's own DiskStation Manager software the DS416 is easy to configure and manage. Along with the intuitive operating software, you can also choose from a wide variety of task specific applications to better manage your network settings and files. File sharing apps include Windows ADS, Windows ACL, User Home, File Station, and DS File all designed to cater to the administrative aspects of your NAS server. With Mail Station, Mail Server, VPN Server, and RADIUS Server you can tweak your network settings such as security options LAN configurations, and more. This Synology NAS Server can even support up to 25 IP cameras making it an effective surveillance solution thanks to the Surveillance Station application.
- Cross Platform File Sharing
- Comprehensive network protocol support assures seamless file sharing across Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. Windows ADS integration allows the Synology DS416 to quickly and easily fit in an existing business network environment with no need to recreate user accounts. Windows ACL support provides much finer-grained access control and efficient privilege settings, allowing users to enjoy native Windows experience. The User Home feature minimizes the administrator's effort in creating a private shared folder for a large amount of users.
Internet file access is simplified by the encrypted FTP server and the web-based File Station. HTTPS, the built-in firewall, and IP auto-block support ensure file sharing over the Internet is protected at a high security level. For users who are always on the move, Synology provides a handy app, DS file, for popular mobile devices such as iPhone, iPad, Android devices and Windows Phone. Anything stored on the Synology DS416 can be accessed remotely using DS file.
- Easy Backup Solutions
- To protect your valuable data, the DS416 can become a centralized backup destination for consolidating fragmented and unstructured information across your network through a range of options. Advanced backup privilege management makes network backup tasks safer and more efficient. Cloud Station with selective sync and ACL control provides real-time data backup and synchronization among multiple computers and mobile devices. Complete backup solutions such as Backup & Replication minimize the impact of disasters.
- Rich Office Applications
- Synology DS416 runs on the Synology DiskStation Manager (DSM) operating system, which offers comprehensive applications and features designed specifically for growing businesses.
Mail Server turns the Synology DS416 into a dedicated mail service provider, while Mail Station provides a webmail interface for users to access emails stored on the Synology DS416.
VPN Server offers an easy VPN solution that provides a secure way of connecting to a private LAN at a remote location. RADIUS Server strengthens network security by overseeing wireless access authentication via RADIUS (Remote Authentication Dial-In User Service) networking protocol.
- 24/7 Security Solution
- Synology Surveillance Station offers a centralized interface to manage IP cameras deployed in your office or home, allowing users traveling miles away to safeguard the environment by watching live views, recording events, and taking snapshots with a computer or mobile device. The DS416 is an ideal surveillance solution as it is capable of hosting up to 25 IP cameras (750 FPS at 720p). In addition to its intuitive setup, Surveillance Station features an optimized live view experience with on-screen operations, smart analytic tools like motion detection, and an alert system that sends instant notification through DS cam, SMS, and e-mail.
- Energy Efficient with Cool and Quiet Design
- Not only does the DS416 provide two 92 mm x 92 mm fans and the smart airflow to keep the system running cool 24/7, its noise dampening design makes it really quiet compared to PC counterparts. The support of Wake on LAN/WAN, multiple scheduled power on/off can further reduce power consumption and operation cost.
All Synology products are produced with RoHS compliant parts and packed with recyclable packing materials. Synology acknowledges the responsibility as a global citizen to continually work to reduce the environmental impact of every product produced.
- 4 x WD 8TB Red 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD
Designed with home and small office/business customers in mind, the 8TB Red 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD from WD is well-suited for NAS environments with up to eight 3.5" drive bays. Engineered to handle increased workloads, this 8TB drive operates using a SATA III 6 Gb/s interface, a 128MB cache, and a rotational speed of 5400 rpm, all of which help to ensure uninterrupted data transfers with a sustained rate of up to 178 MB/s. This drive also features high levels of reliability, with 600,000 load/unload cycles, <10 in 10 14 non-recoverable read errors per bits read, error recovery controls, and 1,000,000 hours MTBF for 1-8 bay NAS systems. Also built into this drive are noise and vibration protection and WD's NASware 3.0 helps increase system compatibility, allowing WD Red drives to be more easily integrated with your existing network infrastructure.
- Fill Your NAS with WD Red
- Built for 1 to 8-bay NAS systems, WD Red lets users store their data in one unit
- NASware 3.0 Technology
- Built into every WD Red hard drive, NASware 3.0's technology helps improves your system's storage performance by increasing compatibility, integration, upgradeability, and reliability
- Built for NAS Compatibility
- Desktop drives aren't purpose-built for NAS, but WD Red drives with NASware are. WD's technology helps takes the guesswork out of selecting a drive. WD Red is for small NAS systems and WD's algorithm balances performance and reliability in NAS and RAID environments
- Desktop Drives vs. WD Red
- Desktop hard drives are not designed for NAS environments. Do right by your NAS and choose a drive with an array of features to help preserve your data and maintain optimum performance. Take the following into consideration when choosing a hard drive for your NAS:
- Compatibility: Without being tested for compatibility with your NAS system, improved performance is not guaranteed
- Reliability: The always-on environment of a NAS or RAID is a hot one and desktop drives aren't typically tested in those conditions. WD Red is
- Error Recovery Controls: WD Red NAS hard drives are specifically designed with RAID error recovery control to help reduce failures within the NAS system. Desktop drives are not typically designed for RAID environments where this can be an issue
- Noise and Vibration Protection: Designed to operate solo, desktop drives offer little or no protection from the noise and vibration faced in a multi-drive system. WD Red drives are designed for multi-bay NAS systems
- WD Red for Home
- Stream, backup, share, and organize your digital content at home with a NAS and WD Red drives designed to share content to the devices in your home. Red NASware helps increase your drives' compatibility with your devices, TV, stereo, and more
- WD Red for Small Business
- WD Red is a good hard drive choice for 1 to 8 bay systems. NASware 3.0 allows for integration with your existing network so WD Red can share and backup files at the speed of your business. For larger businesses with up to 16 bays, use WD Red Pro
- 3D Active Balance Plus
- This helps ensure your data is protected from excessive vibration and noise in a NAS or RAID environment. This dual-plane balance control helps reduce the degradation of your drive over time
- Since your NAS system is always on, a reliable drive is essential. With an MTBF of up to 1 million hours, the WD Red drive with NASware 3.0 is designed for 24x7 environments
- Cooler Operations
- By reducing power consumption, the operating temperature of your NAS stays cooler. With a lower temperature in your system, you can create a more reliable solution for your NAS
All product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.