QNAP TVS-882T 8-Bay NAS Enclosure
- 2 x 2.5", 6 x 2.5"/3.5" Drive Bays
- Two M.2 SATA Slots
- 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5-6500 Processor
- 16GB of 2133 MHz DDR4 RAM
- 2 x 10GbE, 4 x Gigabit Ethernet
- 2 x Thunderbolt 2, 5 x USB 3.0, 3 x HDMI
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, JBOD, 5 + Hot Spare
- Two 80mm Cooling Fans
- QTS 4.2 Operating System
The QNAP TVS-882T 8-Bay NAS Enclosure lets you build a centralized storage solution that shares files and streams videos to all your connected devices. The TVS-882T is designed to hold larger-capacity 2.5"/3.5" hard drives in six bays and faster SSDs in two 2.5" bays. Additionally, it can house up to two M.2 SSDs, which can be used for caching data. To manage the data and QTS operating system, it is powered by a 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5-6500 quad-core processor along with 16GB of 2133 MHz DDR4 memory. This version of the TVS-882 series comes outfitted with Thunderbolt 2 and 10GbE adapters that provide it with two 10GbE and two Thunderbolt 2 ports.
QTS lets you configure your drives in a RAID array and provides additional storage options that might not be available on other storage units. You can activate the Tiered Storage feature, which continuously optimizes storage efficiency across M.2 SSDs, 2.5" SSDs, and SATA-based hard drives, or create multiple storage pools that utilize different types of storage drives. With Application-based Partitioning, it automatically runs demanding apps on your faster SSDs and stores less-frequently accessed files on larger-capacity hard drives. In addition, the M.2 SSDs can be configured to the boost the performance of the overall file access system.
QNAP has outfitted this enclosure with three HDMI ports, five USB 3.0 ports, and two Thunderbolt 2 ports so you can use it as a standalone system. It delivers 4K visuals utilizing integrated Intel HD Graphics. For powering your drives, it comes built with a 250W PSU. To cool your components, two 80mm fans are on board. Moreover, data can be delivered to connected systems via four Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- 6th-Generation Intel Processor
- The TVS-882T is powered by a 3.2 GHz 6th-Generation Intel Core i5-6500 quad-core processor, increasing system performance by 20 to 30% when compared with previous generations. It enhances the efficiency of CPU-demanding applications such as virtualization, real-time 4K video playback, and serving large numbers of simultaneous connections.
- Hardware Capabilities
- Two 2.5" SSD bays provide flexible configuration in tiered storage and enables cache acceleration
- Tool-less design for easy installation and replacement of drives
- Built-in M.2 SSD slots support SATA M.2 SSDs with 2242, 2260, 2280, and 22110 form factors
- 16GB of DDR4 2133 MHz memory installed (Max: 32GB)
- Two 10GbE and four Gigabit Ethernet ports allow for optimized network traffic distribution for diverse applications
- Thunderbolt 2 ports offer 20 Gb/s speeds and Thunderbolt DAS/NAS/iSCSI connectivity
- Separately detects the CPU and hard drive temperatures
- One HDMI 2.0 port and two HDMI 1.4b ports to support duplicated and extended desktop options
- HDMI 2.0 increases bandwidth up to 18 Gbps and delivers 4K 60 fps videos
- Connect speakers or headphones for direct audio output
- Supports direct audio output and provides verbal system warnings via two built-in speakers
- M.2 SATA 6 Gb/s SSD and 2.5" SSD Cache
- The TVS-882T features two M.2 slots designed for caching to increase IOPS performance, transfer speed, and reliability. SSD cache boosts overall system performance and is suitable for improving overall workflow of random IOPS demanding applications such as virtualization. The TVS-882T combines M.2 SSD, 2.5" SSD, and 3.5" HDD in one box to effectively realize tiered storage for increasing application performance and lower TCO of storage at the same time.
- Tiered Storage
- QNAP's Qtier Technology empowers the TVS-882T with Auto Tiering that continuously optimizes the storage pool utilizing PCIe NVMe SSDs, M.2 SSDs, SSDs, and SATA-based drives. With Auto Tiering, the TVS-882T automatically moves frequently-used "hot" data to high-performance storage tiers and less-accessed "cold" data to lower-cost, higher-capacity drives. Businesses will no longer have to invest in expensive flash technology, but still enjoy improved application performance and cost efficiency from Auto Tiering.
- Application-Based Partitioning
- Every application requires different performance such as Surveillance Station that requires higher-priority access to storage to ensure the integrity of recordings, while normal transmission speeds are sufficient for file sharing. However, when multiple applications are running on the same storage media, the required throughput level cannot be guaranteed as the storage media is busy handling I/O requests from all of them. The TVS-882T supports three different types of storage media: M.2, SSD, and SATA hard drive, and they can be configured as independent partitions for different applications, ensuring a sufficient throughput level for every application.
- Network Traffic Distribution
- With four Gigabit Ethernet ports and two 10 Gigabit Ethernet ports, the TVS-882T allows applications to use dedicated interfaces to meet network traffic distribution requirements. Network interfaces can be managed with the Network & Virtual Switch app, which enables optimized network resources for the TVS-882T, virtual machines, and containerized apps.
- HDMI 2.0
- The TVS-882T features three HDMI ports, including one HDMI 2.0 port for smoothly playing Ultra HD 4K (4096 x 2304) videos. You can connect the TVS-882T to a TV or A/V receiver and use a Kodi media player and a QNAP remote control to enjoy rich media content and 4K 60 fps videos. Featuring Intel HD Graphics, the TVS-882T delivers real-time 4K (H.264) and 1080p video transcoding, which converts videos to universal formats that can be smoothly played on PCs, mobile devices, and Smart TVs.
- Three HDMI Outputs
- The TVS-882T comes with three HDMI outputs that can support three monitors in either "duplicated" or "extended" desktop configuration. Duplicating will display the same content on every display, and extended desktop mode allows users to display applications across the displays for improved multitasking convenience and productivity. When displaying content using HDMI, you can use the TVS-882T as a multimedia player by using HD Station. Alternatively, you can choose to output the Linux operating system desktop to use the TVS-882T as a PC.
- Thunderbolt/Ethernet Dual Network
- The Thunderbolt 2 protocol uses industry-standard networking technologies, which provide a high-speed transmission over your Thunderbolt 2 cable to run all network services such as file sharing, FTP, and other services. The TVS-882T can also simultaneously run general Ethernet services in addition to the Thunderbolt 2 network, completely independently and with no bandwidth interference. You can flexibly allocate proper bandwidth for different concurrent tasks.
- DAS/NAS/iSCSI-SAN Triple Solution
- The TVS-882T combines DAS, NASs and iSCSI-SAN into one box. It prevents the restriction of DAS connecting to only one device and breaks the cost barrier for creating 10GbE high-speed network environments. This TVS-882T Thunderbolt 2 NAS provides the same features of a DAS and NAS.
DAS File-Based Mode
You can directly access files on the TVS-882T on a file-based level. Simply attach your Mac computer to the TVS-882T with an optional Thunderbolt 2 cable, and you will find the TVS-882T in the Finder file browser with shared folders available.
Thunderbolt/Ethernet NAS Mode
The TVS-882T features Thunderbolt & Ethernet dual networking for flexible file sharing across multiple devices simultaneously, using SMB/CIFS, NFS, and AFP protocols for sharing across Windows, Mac, and Linux/UNIX networks. Use Qfinder Pro to find the TVS-882T attached to your computer, and you can find the Thunderbolt IP and Ethernet IP for file sharing based on your needs.
iSCSI SAN Block-Based Mode
The TVS-882T supports an iSCSI SAN configuration, and the Thunderbolt interface can enhance the configuration's performance. After creating an iSCSI target on the TVS-882T, you can access the iSCSI with your computer through a Thunderbolt IP.
- Capacity Expansion
- The TVS-882T supports capacity expansion by connecting up to six Thunderbolt 2 storage expansion enclosures. You can gradually expand the TVS-882T's storage on demand, and use the QTS Storage Manager to handle the NAS capacity expansion and storage expansion enclosure management.
- Virtual JBOD
- QNAP VJBOD (Virtual JBOD) is network-based JBOD, allowing you to expand storage of your QNAP NAS with multiple QNAP NAS units. You can mount iSCSI LUNs from a QNAP NAS to the TVS-882T as local disks and create virtual storage pools and volumes for operating NAS functionalities such as creating and reverting snapshots and indexing multimedia files into the media library. With VJBOD, you can centrally utilize the storage space from multiple QNAP NAS units and manage it with the interface on the local NAS. VJBOD supports 10GbE/40GbE Ethernet connection interfaces and port trunking (link aggregation with multiple LAN ports) that increases the performance and reliability of your VJBOD storage.
- Flexibly Attach, Share, and Expand in Four Ways
- With two Thunderbolt 2 ports available on the TVS-882T, you can flexibly arrange the connection of your computer workstations with the TVS-882T and optional storage expansion enclosures based on your needs.
Attach one Mac workstation to the TVS-882T via Thunderbolt 2 for online video editing with 20 Gb/s bandwidth speeds, while the other Thunderbolt 2 port is used for storage expansion by connecting up to six TX-500P/TX-800P NAS expansion enclosures. Additionally, you can take advantage of the built-in 10GbE LAN card for multi-device file sharing over a 10GbE network, providing the potential to utilize 10Gb network bandwidth at the same time.
When using two workstations together to speed up a project, you can connect each workstation separately to the Thunderbolt 2 ports on the TVS-882T.
Large-sized video production studios often require multiple servers to increase productivity with different workflow stages such as capturing, editing, production, post-production, and dubbing. In this situation, it can be helpful to daisy chain an additional six units of TVS-882T to the primary TVS-882T and arrange each NAS for dedicated workflow stages, while the other Thunderbolt 2 port is connected to the workstation for smoothly accessing large-sized video files. Meanwhile, each TVS-882T allows file sharing with multiple devices through Gigabit or 10 Gigabit Ethernet network.
The TVS-882T supports seamless capacity expansion to offer you abundant storage by connecting up to six TX-500P/TX-800P NAS expansion enclosures to the TVS-882T through Thunderbolt 2 ports for up to 432TB total storage capacity and sharing files via 10GbE.
- Suitable for Thunderbolt-Equipped Mac Users
- The TVS-882T is compatible with Thunderbolt 2-capable Macs such as Mac Pros, MacBook Pros, and iMacs. Up to 2 Thunderbolt devices can connect to the TVS-882T to process real-time video editing simultaneously without sacrificing the TVS-882T's performance. In addition, 4K videos can be directly displayed through the TVS-882T's HDMI ports. Coupled with its large capacity, the TVS-882T is a suitable storage solution, which is hot-pluggable and easy moved between your Mac computers, and delivers performance for high-resolution file storage and I/O-intensive tasks to increase your productivity.
- The intuitive QTS features a modern flat design to streamline loading times. It provides an intelligent desktop that allows you to find desired functions quickly, monitor important system information on a real-time basis, and open multiple application windows to run multiple tasks concurrently, bringing operating efficiency.
- QRM+: Centralized Remote Server Management Solution
- QRM+ is QNAP's Centralized Remote Server Management solution designed for IT teams. It provides a web-based solution�accessible from any web browser�to discover, map, monitor, and manage all of the critical computing devices on the network such as servers, PCs, embedded PCs, and thin clients from a single-point. Supporting IPMI 1.5 and 2.0, QRM+ provides remote KVM (Keyboard, Video, Mouse) for certain IPMI devices and supports tracking every action using KVM recording and playback. With centralized management by QRM+, IT infrastructure and device security are enhanced while troubleshooting & network resource performance analysis is simplified.
- QmailAgent is an online email client that helps you manage multiple email accounts, allowing you to access all of your emails and to easily switch between different accounts. It provides complete functionality for composing, reading, and organizing emails. You can even attach files, photos, and documents from the TVS-882T when composing emails. Qmail also allows iOS and Android users to quickly check multiple email accounts with mobile devices and to browse & send emails using the QmailAgent on their TVS-882T.
- Storage for Hosting Virtual Machines and Containerized Applications
- Virtualization Station allows you to host virtual machines (VM) on the TVS-882T and access them via a web browser or VNC. Virtualization Station supports multiple operating systems, fast VM creation, VM backup & restoration, VM import/export, snapshot, and Device Management for centrally managing VMs. It lets the TVS-882T and VMs to share the same LAN port. No longer constrained by physical network performance, high-speed virtual switches increase the data transfer between VMs as well as between VMs and NAS through the internal interface.
The TVS-882T also features Container Station, which integrates LXC and Docker lightweight virtualization technologies. You can operate multiple isolated Linux systems on the TVS-882T as well as download apps from the built-in Docker Hub Registry.
- Storage for Comprehensive Virtualization Applications
- As an iSCSI/IP-SAN storage solution, the TVS-882T supports VMware, Citrix, Microsoft Hyper-V, and Windows Server 2012 R2, benefiting flexible deployment and management in virtualization environments. The TVS-882T supports VMware VAAI and Microsoft ODX to increase performance by offloading server loading for ESXi server and Hyper-V respectively. It is compatible with a QNAP vSphere Client plug-in and QNAP SMI-S provider with enhanced efficiency of operations and management in virtualization applications.
- PC Capabilities
- QNAP's QvPC Technology allows you to operate the TVS-882T as a PC by plugging in a keyboard, mouse, and HDMI display. You can directly access stored data, run multiple applications using Windows, Linux, UNIX, Android-based VMs with the Virtualization Station, surf the web, enjoy 4K or 1080p videos with up to 7.1 channel audio with Kodi, monitor surveillance live feeds with local display, and more.
- Comprehensive Security
- QNAP's full NAS encryption by volume-based technology ensures data security by encrypting all of the files stored in the default shared folders on the TVS-882T. Besides AES 256-bit encryption for both volumes and shared folders, the TVS-882T also provides numerous security options such as encrypted access, IP blocking, 2-step verification, and more.
- Disaster Recovery Solutions
- The TVS-882T offers flexible backup solutions for Windows and Mac users, Volume/LUN snapshots (up to 256 snapshots per volume or LUN, and maximum 1,024 snapshots per NAS), Snapshot Replica and Clone, and disaster recovery solutions including RTRR, rsync, and cloud storage backup.
- Cross-Device File Synchronization
- Qsync provides multiple ways of file synchronization and group file sharing, enhancing the flexibility of collaboration. Any file uploaded to the TVS-882T will be made available for all linked devices such as computers, laptops, or mobile devices. Qsync is especially useful for frequent travelers to manage files and always have the most up-to-date files on different devices.
- Install-On-Demand Apps
- The built-in App Center provides over 100 apps including tools for backup/sync, business, content management, communications, downloading, entertainment, and more. You can freely install apps as needed to expand the TVS-882T's functionality.
- SMB Features
- The TVS-882T supports various business applications as an all-in-one Turbo NAS with cost-efficiency:
FTP Server - shares large-size files, coming with user-defined settings including bandwidth limitation, number of connections, and write-only permission
Web Server - allows numerous websites built on the same server. Administrators can manage up to 32 websites on the single one Turbo NAS with reduced IT costs
RADIUS Server - provides centralized authorization management for computers to connect and use a network service
VPN Server - provides an easy way for IT administrators to build up a secure private network and allows the staff to log on from outside the office and access business resources securely such as files and Internet connections
Printer Server - send remote printing requests over the Internet (max. 3 USB printers), and supports IPP (Internet Printing Protocol), Samba, print job management, and Bonjour printing for Mac OS X
Surveillance Station - connect and manage multiple IP cameras remotely including real-time monitoring, video recording, playback, and event notifications
|Operating System||QTS 4.2 (embedded Linux)|
|Supported Browsers|| Microsoft Internet Explorer 10+ |
Apple Safari 7+
|Multilingual Support||Chinese (Traditional & Simplified), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish|
|File System|| Internal Hard Drive: EXT4 |
External Hard Drive: EXT3, EXT4, NTFS, FAT32, HFS+
|Storage Management|| Storage Space Utilization monitoring |
QNAP flexible Volume/LUN with thin provisioning and space reclaim
Disk volume types: RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, + hot spare, JBOD single
Supports storage pools
Supports Qtier Technology (Auto Tiering, 8 GB System RAM and SSD drives are required)
Supports snapshots (4 GB System RAM required)
- Volume/LUN snapshot
- Snapshot manager
- Snapshot clone
- Snapshot vault
- Snapshot replica
- Snapshot agent for Microsoft Windows and VMware vSphere
Online RAID capacity expansion and online RAID level migration
SMART data migration
Storage expansion via QNAP TX-500P/UX-800P expansion units
JBOD enclosure roaming
JBOD enclosure roaming
SSD read-only/read-write cache
Bad block scan and hard drive S.M.A.R.T.
Bad block recovery & RAID recovery
|Networking|| TCP/IP (IPv4 & IPv6: Dual Stack) |
Quad Gigabit NICs with jumbo frame (failover, multi-IP settings, port trunking/NIC teaming)
Service binding based on network interfaces
Squid Proxy server
DHCP client, DHCP server
Protocols: CIFS/SMB, AFP (v3.3), NFS(v3), FTP, FTPS, SFTP, TFTP, HTTP(S), Telnet, SSH, iSCSI, SNMP, SMTP, and SMSC
UPnP & Bonjour Discovery
USB Wi-Fi Adapter Support
|Security|| Network access protection with auto-blocking: SSH, Telnet, HTTP(S), FTP, CIFS/SMB, AFP |
CIFS host access control for shared folders
FIPS 140-2 validated AES 256-bit volume-based and shared folder data encryption
AES 256-bit external drive encryption
Importable SSL certificates
Instant alerts via email, SMS, beep, push service, and LCD panel
|iSCSI (IP SAN)|| iSCSI target with multi-LUNs per target (Up to 256 targets/LUNs combined) |
Supports LUN mapping & masking
Online LUN capacity expansion
Support for SPC-3 persistent reservation
Supports MPIO & MC/S
iSCSI LUN backup, one-time snapshot, and restoration
iSCSI connection and management by QNAP Windows Qfinder
Virtual disk drive (via iSCSI initiator)
Stack chaining master
Max No. of virtual disk drives: 8
|Print Server|| Max number of printers: 3 |
Supports Internet Printing Protocol
Print job display and management
IP-based and domain name-based privilege control
|Processor||3.2 GHz Intel Core i5-6500 quad-core processor|
|Memory|| Total DIMM Slots: 4 |
Maximum Memory: 32 GB (4 x 8 GB)
Memory Modules Installed: 16 GB (2 x 8 GB)
|Flash Memory||512 MB DOM|
|Drives Supported|| 2 x M.2 slots supporting 2242/2260/2280/22110 |
2 x 2.5" SSDs
6 x 2.5"/3.5" hard drives or SSDs
SATA 6 Gbps/3 Gbps interfaces
|Ports|| Front: 1 x USB 3.0 |
Rear: 2 x Thunderbolt 2 and 4 x USB 3.0
|LAN|| 4 x Gigabit Ethernet |
2 x 10GbE
|Video|| 2 x HDMI 1.4b |
1 x HDMI 2.0
|Audio|| 2 x 6.3 mm mic-in |
1 x 3.5 mm line-out
Two built-in speakers
|Cooling|| 2 x 80 mm |
1 x 90 mm for CPU
|LED Indicators||System status, 2.5" SSD, M.2 SSD, 3.5" HDD|
|Buttons||Power button, Reset button, USB one-touch-backup button|
|Sound Level||Sound pressure (LpAm, bystander position): 21.8 dB|
|Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Humidity||5 to 95% non-condensing, wet bulb: 81°F / 27°C|
|Power Supply|| Input: 100 to 240 V, 50/60 Hz, 1.5 to 3 A |
Output: 250 W
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||9.1 x 11.5 x 12.6" / 231.9 x 292.8 x 319.8 mm|
|Weight||20.0 lb / 9.1 kg|
|Package Weight||25.1 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||17.1 x 15.5 x 13.6"|
- 4 x Ethernet Cables
- 2 x 10Gbase-T Ethernet Cables
- Power Cord
- M.2 Installation Kit
- Package of Screws
- IR Remote Control
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.