QNAP TS-853U-RP-US 8-Bay NAS Server for SMB
- 8 x 3.5" or 2.5" SATA Drive Bays
- 2.0 GHz Intel Celeron Quad-Core CPU
- 4GB DDR3L SDRAM
- 8 x Hot-Swappable and Lockable Trays
- 4 x USB 3.0 Ports, 1 x HDMI Port
- 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- 250W Redundant Power Supply
- AES 256-Bit Volume Encryption
- NAS &iSCSI-SAN Unified Storage Solution
- AES 256-Bit Encryption and Antivirus
The black TS-853U-RP-US 8-Bay NAS Server for SMB from Qnap is a reliable, secure, and a scalable NAS solution designed for mission-intensive business applications and to meet fast growing data storage needs. It supports SATA 6 Gb/s drives and delivers optimal performance with persistent throughput, providing a comprehensive storage solution for SMBs to build a reliable private cloud.
The server is powered by a 2.0 GHz Intel Celeron Quad-Core processor, which will allow you to run multiple functions simultaneously. The CPU can also be overclocked to 2.41 GHz, the built-in 4GB of DDR3L RAM will allow quick access to frequently-used files and programs, and network connectivity is achieved via the four Gigabit Ethernet ports. Coupled with the support of SATA 6 Gb/s, 4 Gigabit LAN ports, and HDMI output, it delivers up to 423 MB/s throughput.
- Energy-Saving and Powerful Quad-Core Processor
- Powered by 22nm Quad-Core Intel Celeron 2.0 GHz processor with 4GB energy-efficient DDR3L RAM (upgradable to 8GB) and coupled with the support of SATA 6 Gb/s, Gigabit LAN ports and HDMI output, it is a powerful NAS that delivers up to 430 MB/s throughput. The NAS server can also automatically increase the processor's clock rate from 2.0 GHz to 2.41 GHz when needed for CPU-intensive tasks. The fast encryption and decryption performance provides transfer speeds of up to 273 MB/s with AES 256-bit volume encryption, boosting system performance, and security. It also ensures the safety of sensitive business data.
- Economical Storage Expansion
- The NAS server offers a high-performance storage solution to fulfill the needs of businesses in archiving rapidly growing data and large files. It supports capacity expansion by connecting a Qnap expansion enclosure. With the Qnap scale-up solution, the raw storage capacity can be expanded on demand. It is a suitable file center with a large storage capacity for business data.
- Simple and Efficient
- Its desktop allows you to find desired functions quickly, create desktop shortcuts or group shortcuts, monitor important system information on a real-time basis, and open multiple application windows to run multiple tasks concurrently, bringing suitable operating efficiency.
- SSD Cache Acceleration
- The NAS server supports SSD caching which can boost the IOPS performance of storage volumes. It is suitable for improving the overall workflow of IOPS-demanding applications such as virtualization.
- Reliable Design
- It is designed to provide 24/7 operations and services. The support for comprehensive RAID configurations and hot-swapping allow for replacing hard drives without service interruption. RAID recovery technology also helps if any healthy drives are removed from a degraded RAID volume by mistake. The system can be recovered by reinserting the wrongly removed hard drives so the data can still be accessible. It also delivers high reliability and efficiency with 4 LAN support for multiple port-trunking modes including fail-over support.
- Centralized Data Storage
- The NAS server supports SMB/CIFS, NFS, and AFP protocols for file-sharing across Windows, Mac, Linux/UNIX networks. Data, logs, and ISO images of CDs and DVDs can be centrally stored on the server and protected by an integrated antivirus solution. The Windows AD and LDAP services enable system administrators to configure user permissions by using an existing Windows AD server, LDAP server or built-in LDAP service.
- Backup Solutions to Secure Data
- Qnap NetBak Replicator supports real-time and scheduled data backup on Windows including Outlook email archiving. Apple Time Machine is also supported to provide Mac OS X users with a solution to effortlessly back up data. A wide range of third-party backup software such as Acronis True Image and Symantec Backup Exec are also supported.
- File Synchronization
- The Qsync utility turns the storage server into a safe data center for file synchronization with a large storage capacity. Any file uploaded to it will be made available for all linked devices, such as computers, laptops or mobile devices. Qsync is especially useful for frequent travelers to manage files and always have the most updated files on different devices. Qsync provides multiple ways of file synchronization and group file-sharing, greatly enhancing the flexibility of collaboration.
- Disaster Recovery Solution
- It offers various data recovery options. RTRR (Real-Time Remote Replication) supports real time or scheduled data backup to a remote Turbo NAS or FTP server and synchronizes files to a remote folder from a local folder with better backup efficiency and reduced backup time. It also supports rsync protocol to back up data to another remote server on a scheduled basis. Data can also be backed up to and restored from a range of cloud storage services, including Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Microsoft Azure, ElephantDrive, Dropbox, and Google drive.
- Comprehensive Security Options
- It provides numerous security options, such as encrypted access, and IP blocking. IT administrators can also control the access rights of each user to different folders, preventing unauthorized access to important files. It is validated with military-level FIPS 140-2 AES 256-bit encryption, preventing sensitive business data from unauthorized access and breach even if the hard drives or the entire system were stolen.
- Storage for Virtualization Applications
- The NAS server supports VMware and Citrix, and is compatible with Microsoft Hyper-V and Windows Server 2012, benefiting flexible deployment and management in the virtualization environments. It supports VMware VAAI and Microsoft ODX to increase performance by offloading server loading for ESXi server and Hyper-V respectively, and supports Qnap vSphere Client plug-in and Qnap SMI-S provider with enhanced operational efficiency and management in virtualization applications.
- QvPC Technology
- Qnap's exclusive QvPC Technology consolidates a number of high-end technologies including VM integration, multimedia transcoding, HDMI output, cloud integration and NAS connection technologies, allowing users to operate the TS-853U-RP as a PC when they plug in a keyboard, mouse and monitor. With QvPC Technology, the TS-853U-RP is transformed into a cost-effective device with PC functionalities for users to directly access stored data, run multiple applications using Windows/Linux/UNIX/Android-based VMs, surf the web on Google Chrome, enjoy Full HD videos with up to 7.1 channel audio with XBMC, monitor Surveillance Station in real-time with local display, and more.
- Additional Operating Systems
- With the support for Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x), the NAS server can operate the Virtualization Station, transforming it into a two-in-a-box NAS that can function as an all-in-one NAS and a virtualization platform that supports multiple operating systems, fast virtual machine (VM) creation, VM import/export, snapshot, and enables desktop operations on Web browsers. With the easy-to-use interface, you can centrally manage all of the VMs created on the TS-853U-RP with minimal effort. You can also download VMs on demand from online VM markets.
- Offline HD Video-Transcoding
- It delivers superior real-time Full HD video transcoding to convert videos to formats that can be smoothly played on PCs, mobile devices and Smart TVs. It allows multiple devices to simultaneously view different videos with on-the-fly hardware accelerated transcoding. It allows you to enjoy instant videos on multiple devices even those that lack computing power or have limited file format support without the need for complicated and time-consuming file conversion.
- HD Station
- Qnap's HD Station integrates the XBMC media player and Web browser. With HDMI connectivity, you can connect the storage server to an HDTV to enjoy your multimedia content on the big screen. The splendid user interface and support for 7.1 channel audio pass-through brings smooth playback of Full HD videos providing a quality home theater viewing experience. You can even watch YouTube videos, surf the Web and manage the Turbo NAS using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox with multilingual keyboard input. The HD Station supports user authentication so only authorized users can access data stored TS-853U-RP-US via HDMI monitors. It is convenient and easy to control the HD Station with your mobile device by installing the Qremote app as a remote control, or with a USB keyboard and mouse.
- IT Management Station
- The IT Management Station, powered by Mandriva Pulse, provides a flexible service for managing multi-OS and multi-site IT assets for businesses of all sizes. By installing the IT Management Station, you can centrally manage multiple IT resources with numerous business applications including comprehensive inventory, centralized software deployment and updates, imaging, remote management and support, and backup and restore with flexibility and productivity.
- Comprehensive Surveillance Solution
- Surveillance Station is professional network surveillance Video Management System (VMS) that offers a user-friendly management interface, over 2,700 compatible IP camera models, and expandable IP camera channel licenses. It supports real-time monitoring, video and audio recording, and playback with a wide range of customizable settings. You can also install the Vmobile mobile app on your iOS or Android devices to manage the monitored channels anytime and anywhere to safeguard your office environment, or install the Vcam mobile app to turn your device into a network camera.
- Signage Station
- With the Signage Station, it is easy to create content for a wide range of materials such as menu boards, advertisements, posters, and business profiles. The Signage Station is a suitable tool to invigorate your advertisements or animated materials for promoting your services, and to update contents in a timely manner. The iArtist lite application, with editing tools, helps you to create these signs with simple drag and drop tools.
- NAS Functionality
- A built-in App Center provides various install-on-demand apps developed by QNAP and third-party developers, including tools for backup/sync, business, content management, communications, download, and entertainment. It is also a centralized location for managing and updating installed apps. In addition, Qnap's development platform embraces the open-source spirit to enable developers to create their own apps.
- It utilizes a 22nm CPU and DDR3L RAM which feature low voltage requirements and low power consumption, whilst maintaining high performance in system operations. Other eco-friendly designs include scheduled power on/off, hard disk standby mode, and Wake-on-LAN.
- FTP Server
- The Turbo NAS supports FTP server to share large size files, coming with user-defined settings, including bandwidth limitation, number of connections, and write-only permission.
- Web Server
- The Turbo NAS supports Web server, which allows numerous websites, built on the same server conveniently. Administrators can manage up to 32 websites on the single one Turbo NAS with reduced IT cost.
- RADIUS Server
- The Turbo NAS supports RADIUS server, which provides centralized authorization management for computers to connect and use a network service.
- VPN Server
- The Turbo NAS supports VPN server, which provides an easy way for IT administrators to build up a secure private network and allows the staff to log on from outside the office and access business resources securely such as files and Internet connections.
- Printer Server
- The Turbo NAS supports printer server to send remote printing requests over the Internet (maximum 3 USB printers), and supports IPP (Internet Printing Protocol), Samba, print job management, and Bonjour printing for Mac OS X.
- Surveillance Station
- The Turbo NAS supports surveillance station to connect and manage multiple IP cameras remotely, including real-time monitoring, video-recording, playback, and event notifications.
|Processor||Intel Celeron Quad-core 2.0 GHz (up to 2.41 GHz)|
|Memory|| Installed: 4 GB DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 4GB) |
Slots: 2 x SODIMM (8 GB maximum)
Flash: 512 MB
|Internal Drive|| 8 x 3.5"/2.5" SATA 6 Gb/s, SATA 3 Gb/s hard drive or SSD |
Note: The HDD is not included
|Hard Drive Trays Supported||8 x hot-swappable and lockable trays|
|Ports|| 4 x RJ-45 gigabit Ethernet |
4 x USB 3.0
1 x HDMI
1 x Console (system maintenance)
|LED Indicators|| Status |
System Warning: Alarm buzzer
|Fan|| 2 x 2.8" (70.0 mm) |
|Form Factor||2U, rack-mountable|
|Operating system||QTS 4.1 (embedded Linux)|
|Supported Clients|| Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows 8 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2003/2008 R2/2012 |
Apple Mac OS X
Linux & UNIX
|Supported Browsers|| Microsoft Internet Explorer 10+ |
Mozilla Firefox 8+
Apple Safari 4+
|Multilingual Support||Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, and Turkish|
|File System|| Internal Hard Drive: EXT4 |
External Hard Drive: EXT3, EXT4, NTFS, FAT32, HFS+
|Networking|| TCP/IP: IPv4 & IPv6 |
Gigabit NICs with jumbo frame (failover, multi-IP settings, port trunking/NIC teaming )
Service binding based on Network interfaces
Proxy client, proxy server
DHCP client, DHCP server
Protocols: CIFS/SMB, AFP (v3.3), NFS (v3), FTP, FTPS, SFTP, TFTP, HTTP(S), Telnet, SSH, iSCSI, SNMP, SMTP, and SMSC
UPnP & Bonjour Discovery
USB Wi-Fi Adapter Support
|Security|| Network access protection with auto-blocking: SSH, Telnet, HTTP(S), FTP, CIFS/SMB, AFP |
CIFS host access control for shared folders
FIPS 140-2 validated AES 256-bit volume-based data encryption*
AES 256-bit external drive encryption*
Importable SSL certi?cate
Instant alert via E-mail, SMS, and beep
Note: *the data encryption functions may not be available in accordance to the legislative restrictions of some countries (ex. Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan.)
|Storage Management|| Online Volume Expansion |
RAID types: Single Disk, JBOD, RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 5 + hot spare
Global hot spare
Online RAID capacity expansion
Online RAID level migration
Storage expansion via QNAP UX-500P / UX-800P expansion unit (Maximum: 1 unit)
Bad block scan and hard drive S.M.A.R.T.
Bad block recovery
|Power Management|| Wake on LAN |
Internal hard drive standby mode
Scheduled power on/off
Automatic power on after power recovery
USB and network UPS support with SNMP management
|Access Right Management|| Batch user creation |
User quota management
Local user access control for CIFS, AFP, FTP, and WebDAV
Application access control for Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station, and Multimedia Station
Subfolder permissions support for CIFS/SMB, AFP, FTP, and File Station
|Domain Authentication Integration|| Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and Domain controller support |
LDAP server, LDAP client
Domain users login via CIFS/SMB, AFP, FTP, and File Station
|myQNAPcloud Service|| Private cloud storage and sharing with myQNAPcloud id (QID) |
Free host name registration (DDNS)
Auto router (via UPnP) con?guration
Web-based file manager with HTTPS 2048-bit encryption
Cloudlink for remote access without complicated router setup
myQNAPcloud connect for easy VPN connection (Windows VPN utility)
|Qsync|| Syncs files among multiple devices with SSL support |
Selective synchronization for syncing specific folders only
Share team folder as a file center for team collaboration (maximum sync tasks: 32)
Shares files by links via e-mail
Policy settings for conflicted files and file type filter support
Version control: up to 64 versions
Incremental synchronization for HDD space saving
Supports Windows and Mac OS
|Web Administration|| Smart toolbar and dashboard for system status |
Smart fan control
Dynamic DNS (DDNS)
SNMP (v2 and v3)
Network recycle bin for file deletion via CIFS/SMB, AFP and File Station
Automatic cleanup and File type filter
Comprehensive logs (events & connection)
System settings backup and restore
Restore to factory default
Mobile app: Qmanager for remote system monitoring and management
|File Server|| File Sharing across Windows, Mac, and Linux/UNIX |
Advanced folder permission for CIFS/SMB, AFP, FTP
Shared Folder Aggregation (CIFS/SMB)
|FTP Server|| FTP over SSL/TLS (Explicit) |
Passive FTP port range control
|File Station|| Supports ISO Mounting (Up to 256 ISO Files) |
Support thumbnail display of multimedia files
Support share download link and upload link
Drag-n-drop Files via Chrome and Firefox Browsers
Photo, music, and video preview and playback with hardware accelerated transcoding
File Compression and decompression (ZIP and 7z)
Creation of and sending download links for sharing public files with expiration time and password protection
Support for displaying subtitles (*.SRT, UTF-8 format)
Video seeking support for video playback during on-the-fly transcoding
Support slideshow playback in media viewer
Mobile App: Qfile for file browsing and management
|Transcode Management|| Transcode video files to 240p, 360p, 480p, 720p and 1080p resolutions |
Automatic video transcoding for watched folders
Hardware-accelerated transcoding support
Embed subtitles with videos in background transcoding
|Backup Station|| Remote replication server (over rsync) |
Real-time remote replication (RTRR) to another QNAP NAS or FTP server
Works as both RTRR server & client with bandwidth control
Real-time & scheduled backup
Encryption, compression, file filter, and transfer rate limitation
Encrypted replication between QNAP NAS servers
Desktop backup with QNAP NetBak Replicator for Windows
Apple Time Machine backup support
Data backup to multiple external storage devices
Third party backup software support: Veeam backup & replication, Acronis True Image, Arcserve backup, EMC retrospect, Symantec Backup Exec
|Cloud Storage Backup|| Amazon S3 |
WebDAV-based cloud storage
|Print Server|| Maximum 3 printers |
Support for Internet Printing Protocol
Print job display and management
IP-based and domain name-based privilege control
|App Center|| Over 100 official and community software add-ons (including Dropbox, Google Drive Sync, McAfee, WordPress, HappyGet II, and more) |
Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station, Download Station, Notes Station, Signage Station, Digital TV Station (DVB-T only)
|HD (HybridDesk) Station|| Playback videos, music, photos on your TV with XBMC via HDMI output |
Watch various online contents such as YouTube, Flickr, Picasa, Shoutcast, and more
Web browser (Chrome, Firefox)
Supports USB U.S. keyboard and mouse
Supports QNAP Qremote app and the official XBMC remote app
Supports user login permissions
Note : *the playback and quality of some video ?les may be affected due to the CPU and GPU decoding abilities.
|Storage Plug and Connect|| Creating and mapping shared folders using QNAP Windows Qfinder |
Creation of and connection to iSCSI targets/LUN
|iSCSI (IP SAN)|| iSCSI Target Multi-LUNs per Target (Up to 256 Targets/LUNs Combined) |
Supports LUN Mapping & Masking
Online LUN Capacity Expansion
Supports SPC-3 Persistent Reservation, MPIO, MC/S
iSCSI LUN Backup, One-time Snapshot, and Restore
iSCSI Connection and Management by QNAP Finder (Windows)
Virtual Disk Drive (via iSCSI Initiator)
Stack chaining master
Maximum 8 Virtual Disk Drives
|Surveillance Station|| Supports over 2,700 IP cameras |
Includes 2 free camera licenses, up to 24 camera channels via additional license purchase
Instant playback to check the recent event
Online editing to edit cameras when live view
Visual aid by e-map
Playback and speed control by shuttle bar
Video preview on playback timeline
Intelligent video analytics (iva) for advanced video search
Surveillance client for Mac
Mobile surveillance app: vmobile (iOS and Android)
Mobile recording app: vcam (iOS and Android)
|VPN Server|| Secure remote access: PPTP & OpenVPN VPN services |
Max number of clients: 30
|VPN Client|| Supported VPN protocols: PPTP and OpenVPN services |
PPTP Authentication: PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP, MS-CHAPv2
PPTP Encryption: None, AES 40/128 bit, AES 256 bit
OpenVPN Encryption: None, AES 40/128 bit, AES 256 bit
Transmission package monitor
OpenVPN port control
OpenVPN link compression
|DLNA Server|| Supports DLNA/UPnP TVs and Players such as PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 |
Supported audio formats: AIFF, APE, DSD (DSF, DFF), FLAC, M4A, M4A Apple Lossless (ALAC), MP3, Ogg Vorbis, WAV (PCM, LPCM), WMA, WMA PRO, WMA VBR*
Support CUE indexing files for APE, FLAC audio format
Video and audio on-the-?y transcoding
Note: DRM-protected files are not supported
|Power Consumption|| HDD Standby: 43.09 W |
Operational: 98.53 W (with 8 x 2 TB HDD installed)
|Power Supply|| Input: 100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz |
Output: 250 W (redundant)
|Temperature||32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)|
|Relative Humidity||0 to 95%|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||18.9 x 3.5 x 21.0" (482.0 x 89.0 x 534.0 mm)|
|Weight||24.29 lb (11.02 kg)|
|Package Weight||33.0 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||28.1 x 22.2 x 10.4"|
- 2 x Ethernet Cables
- 32 x Flat-Head Screws (for 3.5" HDD)
- 24 x Flat-head Screws (for 2.5" HDD)
- Power Cord
- Hard Disk Tray Key
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.