QNAP TS-1253U-RP 12-Bay SMB NAS Server
- 12 x 3.5" SATA III HDD / SDD Bays
- 2.0 GHz Intel Celeron Quad-Core CPU
- Read Speeds up to 423 MB/s
- 12 x Hot-Swappable and Lockable Trays
- 4 x USB 3.0 Ports & 1 x HDMI Port
- 4 x Gigabit Ethernet Ports
- Redundant 250W Power Supply
- AES 256-Bit Volume Encryption
- 2RU Rack-Mountable Form Factor
- Windows, Mac, Linux, and UNIX Compatible
Featuring 12 empty 3.5" SATA III drive bays that support 3.5" or 2.5" drives in a 2RU rack-mountable form factor, the TS-1253U-RP 12-Bay SMB NAS Server from QNAP is designed for I/O intensive tasks, mission-critical business applications, and data storage needs. Providing reliability and security, the TS-1253U-RP delivers high performance with persistent throughput and provides a comprehensive storage solution for SMBs, to build a reliable private cloud.The server is powered by a 2.0 GHz Intel Celeron Quad-Core processor, which will allow you to run multiple functions simultaneously. The CPU can also be overclocked to 2.41 GHz, the built-in 4GB of DDR3L RAM will allow quick access to frequently used files and programs, and network connectivity is achieved via the four Gigabit Ethernet ports. Coupled with the support of SATA 6 Gb/s, four Gigabit LAN ports, and an HDMI output, the TS-1253U-RP NAS server delivers up to 423 MB/s throughput. The fast encryption and decryption performance provides transfer speeds of up to 271 MB/s with AES 256-bit volume encryption, boosting system performance and security while ensuring the safety of sensitive business data stored in the TS-1253U-RP. This server manages, shares, and backs up business data with Real-Time Remote Replication (RTRR). It transcodes Full HD videos on-the-fly or offline with QNAP's unique transcoding technology. It supports VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft Hyper-V, advanced virtualization features, and run multiple Windows/Linux/Android-based virtual machines with the Virtualization Station.
- Storage Expansion with Scale-Up Solution
- The TS-1253U-RP offers a high performance and storage solution to fulfill the needs of businesses in archiving rapidly growing data and large files. It supports capacity expansion by connecting a QNAP expansion enclosure. With the QNAP scale-up solution, the raw storage capacity can be expanded on demand, making the TS-1253U-RP a suitable file center with a large storage capacity for business data.
- QTS OS
- The TS-1253U-RP runs on QNAP's QTS operating system. The desktop of QTS OS allows you to find the desired functions quickly, create desktop shortcuts or group shortcuts, monitor-important system information on a real-time basis, and open multiple application Windows-run multiple tasks concurrently, bringing an optimal operating efficiency.
- SSD Cache Acceleration
- The TS-1253U-RP supports SSD caching, which can boost IOPS performance of storage volumes to increase operational efficiency. It is suitable for improving overall workflow of IOPS-demanding applications such as virtualization, and allows for both cost and performance by combining SSDs with HDDs.
- High Reliability Design Ensuring Business Continuity
- It is designed to provide 24/7 operations and services. The support for comprehensive RAID configurations and hot-swapping allows for replacing hard drives without service interruption. QNAP's advanced RAID recovery technology also helps if any healthy drives are removed from a degraded RAID volume by mistake. The system can be recovered by re-inserting the wrongly removed hard drives so the data can still be accessible. The TS-1253U-RP delivers high reliability and efficiency with 4 LAN support for multiple port-trunking modes including fail-over support.
- Cross-Platform File Sharing and Centralized Data Storage
- The TS-1253U-RP supports SMB/CIFS, NFS, and AFP protocols for file-sharing across Windows, Mac, and Linux/UNIX networks. Data, logs and ISO images of CDs and DVDs can be centrally stored on the Turbo NAS and protected by an integrated antivirus solution. The Windows AD and LDAP services enable system administrators to configure user permissions by using the existing Windows AD server, LDAP server or NAS built-in LDAP services. TS-1253U-RP supports SAMBA v4 and can act as a Windows domain controller to manage privilege settings.
- Well-Rounded Backup Solutions to Secure Data
- The QNAP NetBak Replicator supports real-time and scheduled data backup on Windows including Outlook email archiving. Apple Time Machine is also supported to provide Mac OS X users with a solution to effortlessly back up data to the TS-1253U-RP The USB 3.0 port on the front panel features a one-touch-copy function for you to instantly back up data on external drives to the TS-1253U-RP with just one click, or alternatively to back up data from the TS-1253U-RP to external drives. A wide range of third-party backup software such as Acronis True Image and Symantec Backup Exec are also supported.
- File Synchronization
- The Qsync utility turns your TS-1253U-RP into a safe data center for file synchronization with a large storage capacity. Any file uploaded to the TS-1253U-RP will be made available for all linked devices, such as computers, laptops or mobile devices. Qsync is useful for frequent travelers to manage files and always have the updated files on different devices. Qsync provides multiple ways of file synchronization and group file-sharing, enhancing the flexibility of collaboration.
- Disaster Recovery Solutions
- It offers offers various data recovery options. RTRR (Real-Time Remote Replication) supports real-time or scheduled data backup to a remote Turbo NAS or FTP server and synchronizes files to a remote folder from a local folder with backup efficiency and reduced backup time. The TS-1253U-RP also supports rsync protocol to back up data to another remote server on a scheduled basis. Data can also be backed up to and restored from a range of cloud storage services, including Amazon S3, Amazon Glacier, Microsoft Azure, ElephantDrive, Symform, Dropbox, and Google Drive.
- Monitor and Manage Multiple NAS with Q'center
- Q'center turns your TS-1253U-RP into a central management system to manage multiple Turbo NAS units. After installing Q'center in the QTS App Center, you can use the TS-1253U-RP to centrally manage multi-site Turbo NAS for monitoring system logs, managing firmware updates, and maintenance and includes benefits such as ease-of-use, cost-efficiency, convenience, and flexibility. Managing multiple Turbo NAS becomes so easy and efficient with Q'center.
- Comprehensive Security Options
- The TS-1253U-RP provides security options, such as encrypted access, IP blocking, and more. Besides, IT administrators can control the access rights of each user to different folders, preventing unauthorized access to important files. The TS-1253U-RP is validated with military level FIPS 140-2 AES 256-bit encryption, preventing sensitive business data from unauthorized access and breach even if the hard drives or the entire system were stolen.
- Storage for Comprehensive Virtualization Applications
- The TS-1253U-RP supports VMware and Citrix, and is compatible with Microsoft Hyper-V and Windows Server 2012, benefiting flexible deployment and management in the virtualization environments. The TS-1253U-RP supports VMware VAAI and Microsoft ODX to increase performance by offloading server loading for ESXi server and Hyper-V respectively, and supports QNAP vSphere Client plug-in and QNAP SMI-S provider with enhanced efficiency of operations and management in virtualization applications.
- QvPC Technology
- QvPC Technology consolidates a number of high-end technologies including VM integration, multimedia transcoding, an HDMI output, cloud integration, and NAS connection technologies, allowing users to operate the TS-1253U-RP as a PC when they plug in a keyboard, mouse and monitor. With QvPC Technology, the TS-1253U-RP is transformed into a cost-effective PC substitute for users to directly access stored data, run multiple applications using Windows/Linux/UNIX/Android-based VMs, surf the Web on Google Chrome, enjoy 4K or 1080p videos with up to 7.1 channel audio with XBMC, and monitor Surveillance Station in real-time with local display.
- Run Additional Operating Systems on the TS-1253U-RP
- With the support for Intel Virtualization Technology (VT-x), the TS-1253U-RP can operate the Virtualization Station, transforming the TS-1253U-RP into a two-in-a-box NAS that can function as an all-in-one NAS and a virtualization platform that supports multiple operating systems, fast virtual machine (VM) creation, VM import/export, snapshot, and enables desktop operations on Web browsers. With the easy-to-use interface, you can centrally manage all of the VMs created on the TS-1253U-RP with minimal effort. You can also download VMs on demand from online VM markets and import them to the TS-1253U-RP without any complex procedures.
- Real-Time and Offline HD Video Transcoding
- It delivers real-time Full HD video transcoding to convert videos to formats that can be played on PCs, mobile devices, and Smart TVs. It allows for multiple devices to simultaneously view different videos stored on the TS-1253U-RP with on-the-fly hardware accelerated transcoding, saving your time to convert videos into different formats for different devices.
With the benefit of offline transcoding, even when you can only connect to a low-speed Internet connection, you can still enjoy smooth video playback via the File Station, Video Station, and the Qfile mobile app by selecting a pre-rendered low resolution video, saving system resources of the TS-1253U-RP for other applications. The TS-1253U-RP also allows you to set a dedicated folder for automatic video-transcoding.
- 1080p Videos Local Display with HD Station via HDMI
- QNAP's HD Station integrates the XBMC media player and Web browser. With HDMI connectivity, you can connect the TS-1253U-RP to an HDTV to enjoy your multimedia content on the big screen. The user interface and support for 7.1 channel audio passthrough* brings smooth playback of Full HD videos providing a quality home theater viewing experience**. You can even watch YouTube videos, surf the web and manage the Turbo NAS using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox with multilingual keyboard input. The HD Station supports user authentication so only authorized users can access data stored on the TS-1253U-RP via HDMI monitors. It is convenient and easy to control the HD Station with your mobile device installing the Qremote app as a remote control, or with a USB keyboard and mouse. 1
Note: *A receiver with HDMI support is required for decoding multi-channel surround sound.close
**Video files up to 1080p resolution are supported. Some high-bitrate files or codecs are not supported due to hardware limitations.
- IT Management Station
- The IT Management Station, powered by Mandriva Pulse, provides a flexible service for managing multi-OS and multi-site IT assets for business of all sizes. By installing the IT Management Station on the TS-1253U-RP, you can centrally manage multiple IT resources with numerous business applications including comprehensive inventory, centralized software deployment and updates, imaging, remote management, and support, backup, and restore, and more tasks with flexibility and productivity.
- Comprehensive Surveillance Solution
- The TS-1253U-RP Surveillance Station offers a professional surveillance solution with a user-friendly management interface, a wide range of over 2,700 compatible IP camera models, and expandable IP camera channel licenses. It supports real-time monitoring, video and audio recording and playback with a wide range of customizable settings. You can also install the Vmobile app on your iOS or Android mobile devices to manage the monitoring channels anytime and anywhere to safeguard your office environment, or install the Vcam app to turn your mobile device into a network camera to instantly record any moment around you.
- Signage Station
- With the Signage Station, it is easy to create content for a wide range of materials such as menu boards, advertisements, posters, and business profiles. The Signage Station is a great tool to invigorate your advertisements or animated materials for promoting your services, and to update contents in a timely manner. The iArtistLite application, with intuitive editing tools, helps you create these signs with simple drag-and-drop tools.
- Install-on-Demand Apps Extend NAS Features
- The TS-1253U-RP has built-in app center providing various install-on-demand apps developed by QNAP and third-party developers, including backup/sync, business, content management, communications, download, entertainment, and so on. It is also a central place to manage and update installed apps. Besides, QNAP's development platform brings forth the open-source spirit to welcome program developers to develop various applications, adding values to the TVS-871 for extensive opportunities.
- The TS-1253U-RP utilizes a 22nm CPU and DDR3L RAM which feature low voltage requirements and low power consumption whilst maintaining high performance in system operations. Other eco-friendly designs include scheduled power on/off, hard disk standby mode, and Wake on LAN.
- FTP Server
- The Turbo NAS supports FTP server to share large size files, coming with user-defined settings, including bandwidth limitation, number of connections, and write-only permission.
- Web Server
- The Turbo NAS supports Web server, which allows numerous Websites, built on the same server conveniently. Administrators can manage up to 32 Websites on the single one Turbo NAS with reduced IT cost.
- RADIUS Server
- The Turbo NAS supports RADIUS server, which provides centralized authorization management for computers to connect and use a network service.
- VPN Server
- The Turbo NAS supports VPN server, which provides an easy way for IT administrators to build up a secure private network and allows the staff to log on from outside the office and access business resources securely such as files and Internet connections.
- Printer Server
- The Turbo NAS supports printer server to send remote printing request over the Internet (maximum 3 USB printers), and supports IPP (Internet Printing Protocol), Samba, print job management, and Bonjour printing for Mac OS X.
- Surveillance Station
- The Turbo NAS supports surveillance station to connect and manage multiple IP cameras remotely, including real-time monitoring, video-recording, playback, and event notifications.
|CPU||2.0 GHz Intel Celeron Quad-core (up to 2.41 GHz)|
|System Memory|| 4 GB DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 4GB) |
Note: When installing two memory modules, please ensure that they are the same size and ideally use the same type of RAM for both memory slots.
|Memory Slots||2 x SODIMM (Maximum: 8 GB)|
|Flash Memory||512 MB DOM|
|Drive Types Supported||8 x 3.5" or SATA 6/3 Gb/s 2.5" SATA SSD hard drive or SSD|
|Ports|| 4 x Gigabit RJ-45 Ethernet |
4 x USB 3.0
1 x HDMI
1 x console (system maintenance)
|LED Indicators||Status, LAN, USB, HDD 1-12|
|Buttons||System: Power and reset button|
|Alarm Buzzer||System warning|
|Form Factor||2RU, rack mountable|
|Power Consumption|| HDD Standby: 47.85 W |
In Operation: 126.59 W (with 12 x 2 TB HDD installed)
|Power Supply|| Input: 100 to 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz |
Output: Redundant 250 W
|Fan||2 x 2.7" (70.0 mm), 12 VDC|
|Operating system||QTS 4.1 (embedded Linux)|
|Supported Clients|| Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 (32/64-bit), Windows 8 (32/64-bit), Windows Server 2003/2008 R2/2012 |
Apple Mac OS X
Linux & UNIX
|Supported Browsers|| Microsoft Internet Explorer 10+ |
Mozilla Firefox 8+
Apple Safari 4+
|Multilingual Support||Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, and Turkish|
|File System|| Internal Hard Drive: EXT4 |
External Hard Drive: EXT3, EXT4, NTFS, FAT32, HFS+
|Networking|| TCP/IP: IPv4 & IPv6 |
Gigabit NICs with jumbo frame (failover, multi-IP settings, port trunking/NIC teaming )
Service binding based on Network interfaces
Proxy client, proxy server
DHCP client, DHCP server
Protocols: CIFS/SMB, AFP (v3.3), NFS (v3), FTP, FTPS, SFTP, TFTP, HTTP(S), Telnet, SSH, iSCSI, SNMP, SMTP, and SMSC
UPnP & Bonjour Discovery
USB Wi-Fi Adapter Support
|Security|| Network access protection with auto-blocking: SSH, Telnet, HTTP(S), FTP, CIFS/SMB, AFP |
CIFS host access control for shared folders
FIPS 140-2 validated AES 256-bit volume-based data encryption*
AES 256-bit external drive encryption*
Importable SSL certiï¬cate
Instant alert via E-mail, SMS, and beep
Note: *The data encryption functions may not be available in accordance to the legislative restrictions of some countries (ex. Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan.)
|Storage Management|| Online Volume Expansion |
RAID types: Single Disk, JBOD, RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 5 + hot spare
Global hot spare
Online RAID capacity expansion
Online RAID level migration
Storage expansion via QNAP UX-500P / UX-800P expansion unit (Maximum: 1 unit)
Bad block scan and hard drive S.M.A.R.T.
Bad block recovery
|Power Management|| Wake on LAN |
Internal hard drive standby mode
Scheduled power on/off
Automatic power on after power recovery
USB and network UPS support with SNMP management
|Access Right Management|| Batch user creation |
User quota management
Local user access control for CIFS, AFP, FTP, and WebDAV
Application access control for Photo Station, Music Station, Video Station, and Multimedia Station
Subfolder permissions support for CIFS/SMB, AFP, FTP, and File Station
|Domain Authentication Integration|| Microsoft Active Directory (AD) and Domain controller support |
LDAP server, LDAP client
Domain users login via CIFS/SMB, AFP, FTP, and File Station
|myQNAPcloud Service|| Private cloud storage and sharing with myQNAPcloud id (QID) |
Free host name registration (DDNS)
Auto router (via UPnP) conï¬guration
Web-based file manager with HTTPS 2048-bit encryption
Cloudlink for remote access without complicated router setup
myQNAPcloud connect for easy VPN connection (Windows VPN utility)
|Qsync|| Syncs files among multiple devices with SSL support |
Selective synchronization for syncing specific folders only
Share team folder as a file center for team collaboration (maximum sync tasks: 32)
Shares files by links via e-mail
Policy settings for conflicted files and file type filter support
Version control: Up to 64 versions
Incremental synchronization for HDD space saving
Supports Windows and Mac OS
|Web Administration|| Smart toolbar and dashboard for system status |
Smart fan control
Dynamic DNS (DDNS)
SNMP (v2 and v3)
Network recycle bin for file deletion via CIFS/SMB, AFP and File Station
Automatic cleanup and File type filter
Comprehensive logs (events & connection)
System settings backup and restore
Restore to factory default
Mobile app: Qmanager for remote system monitoring and management
|Temperature||32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)|
|Relative Humidity||0 to 95%|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||18.98 x 3.50 x 21.02" (482.00 x 89.00 x 534.00 mm)|
|Weight||35.58 lb (16.14 kg)|
|Package Weight||33.0 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||28.5 x 22.0 x 11.0"|
- 2 x Ethernet Cables
- 48 x Flat-Head Screws (for 3.5" HDD)
- 36 x Flat-Head Screws (for 2.5" HDD)
- Power Cord
- Hard Disk Tray Key
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.