OWC / Other World Computing ThunderBay 4 32TB 4-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Array (4 x 8TB, RAID 5 Edition)
- 4 x 8 TB 3.5" 7200 rpm Hard Drives
- 4 x 3.5" SATA III 6 Gb/s Drive Bays
- 2 x Thunderbolt 2 Interfaces
- 7200 rpm
- Supports RAID 0, 1, 4, 5, and 1+0
- Pre-Configured as RAID 5
- Software Controller
- Read Speed: up to 332 MB/s
- Write Speed: up to 315 MB/s
- Mac Compatible
Add 32TB of Thunderbolt 2 storage to your Mac with the ThunderBay 4 32TB 4-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Array (4 x 8TB, RAID 5 Edition) from OWC / Other World Computing . These drives are pre-configured for RAID 5 via software. 32TB provides you with plenty of space to store files such as music, photos, movies, and documents, but this array also allows you to operate a production workflow with 2K video, 4K video, and audio.
Within the array are four bays that each house a single 8TB hard drive. Each included 3.5" drive connects to the array via the SATA III 6 Gb/s interface, has a rotational speed of 7200 rpm, and a 256MB cache, for a total system cache of 1024MB. Since the array ships with four drives, they can be software configured as RAID 0, 1, 4, 5, and 1+0, each of which offers performance, data redundancy, or a combination of both. However, please be aware this array comes pre-formatted and is software configured as a RAID 5 volume, which uses one of the 8TB drives for data redundancy, leaving users with 24TB of usable storage.
This volume will be recognized on systems running with OS X 10.9.3 and later, and requires the included SoftRAID 5 via download for Mac OS X 10.8.5 or earlier. RAID 5 allows read speeds of up to 332 MB/s and write speeds of up to 315 MB/s. If you do reconfigure the drives to run in a RAID 0 configuration, read speeds will go up to 506 MB/s and write speeds will go up to 520 MB/s.
The ThunderBay 4 comes with two Thunderbolt 2 ports which allow you to daisy-chain up to six devices such as additional ThunderBays, 4K displays, and more. Thunderbolt 2 offers a single 20 Gb/s bi-directional channel that allows you to stream and write 4K video at the same time. To help ensure a smooth operating environment, the array uses a 92mm noise-quieting fan.
Included with this ThunderBay 4 array is SoftRAID 5, a 3.3' Thunderbolt cable, a 3-prong power cable, 2 keys for the front panel lock, and a Mac compatible software bundle.
- ThunderBay utilizes an open "flow-thru" vented design with a 92mm, low-turbulence, noise-quieting fan to keep the drives running cool and reliably
- Daisy-chain up to six ThunderBays for massive storage capabilities and increased performance, or connect multiple ThunderBays to multiple Thunderbolt 2 ports to achieve exponential speed capabilities
- Vibration Dampened
- ThunderBay's drive isolating design reduces sonic resonance and is aided by over-sized, rugged, vibration-absorbing, non-skid feet
- DisplayPort 1.2 Support
- The Thunderbolt ports also support DisplayPort 1.2 that allows daisy-chaining displays through the drive
- SoftRAID 5
- SoftRAID combines advanced RAID modes, fast performance, monitoring, email notification, and fast rebuild capabilities that only software RAID can deliver. ThunderBay 4 models with drives come pre-configured in RAID 5, and are plug-and-play ready with OS X 10.9.3 or later. Advanced features such as drive notification and monitoring require SoftRAID installation
- Prosoft Engineering Data Backup 3
- Data Backup 3 is a software utility for Mac that allows you to backup, restore and synchronize your valuable data with minimal effort
- Intech SpeedTools Utilities
- SpeedTools Utilities is designed to offer fast, easy, and automated Mac disk repair and maintenance. This utility software has the ability to optimize and tune your Mac system for optimal performance in a matter of minutes
|Interfaces Supported||Thunderbolt 2|
|RAID / JBOD Support|| RAID: Use the included software RAID or one of your choice to setup the ThunderBay 4 for multi-drive performance or data redundancy |
JBOD: Utilize each of the four drives independently
|Standard Mechanism||4 x 8 TB Hard Disk Drives|
|Port Configuration||2 x Thunderbolt 2|
|Read/Write Speed|| RAID 5 Performance |
Read: 332 MB/s
Write: 315 MB/s
RAID 0 Performance
Read: 506 MB/s
Write: 520 MB/s
|Drive Rotation Speed||7200 rpm|
|Drive Cache Size||256 MB per drive; 1024 MB total for the solution|
|Format|| Comes pre-formatted for SoftRAID and configured as a RAID 5 volume. |
Please be aware that if this array is being used on a Mac with OS X 10.8.5 or earlier, the SoftRAID sotware must be installed prior
|Port/Interface Bootability||It can be used as a Thunderbolt startup drive on Macs running Mac OS X 10.9.3|
|System Requirements|| - Any Mac with a Thunderbolt port running OS X 10.9.3 or later |
- Boot Camp is not supported. The Thunderbolt certification process does not include Macs running Windows through Boot Camp
|Software Included|| |
|Power Supply||Internal UL Listed U.S./International Auto Switching 100 ~ 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz input, 12 V / 16.66 A output Power Supply|
|Dimensions||9.65 x 5.31 x 6.96" / 245.11 x 134.87 x 176.78 mm|
|Weight||Approximately 8.6 lb / 3.9 kg|
|Temperature|| Operating: 41 to 107°F / 5 to 42°C |
Non-Operating: -40 to 149°F / -40 to 65°C
|Relative Humidity|| Operating: 8 to 90% (Non-condensing) |
Non-Operating: 5 to 95% (Non-condensing)
|Shock|| Operating: 65 G at 2 ms |
Non-Operating: 175 G at 2 ms
|Vibration|| Operating: 1.0 G (5 to 300 Hz) |
Non-Operating: 5.0 G (5 - 500 Hz)
|Package Weight||18.6 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||16.8 x 15.7 x 10.9"|
- SoftRAID 5
- 3.3' / 1.0m Thunderbolt cable
- External UL listed 3-prong power cable
- 2 Keys for the Front Panel Lock
- Mac Utility Software Bundle
- Free 1-Year, Level-1 Data Recovery
- Limited 3-Year Warranty
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.