Ikelite Underwater Housing with TTL Circuitry for Nikon D5500
- Depth Rating: 200'
- Ikelite TTL/Manual Strobe Connector
- Mechanical Controls
- Access to All Important Camera Functions
- Ergonomic Design with Tray/Dual Handles
- Clear Polycarbonate Body
- Interchangeable Lens Port System
- Optional Lens Port Required
- Optional Optical Viewfinder
- Made in the USA
Capture images and Full HD video at 200' beneath the surface with your Nikon D5500 DSLR camera, thanks to this Ikelite Underwater Housing . It has built-in, proprietary circuitry and an Ikelite bulkhead strobe connector, allowing for TTL exposure with optional, external Ikelite DS Substrobes attached via sync cord. Non-Ikelite strobes are compatible in manual mode. Mechanical controls afford access to all important camera functions.
The housing includes an aluminum mounting tray with dual quick-release handles, which improve balance and give you attachment points for optional lighting arms. Built for durability, the enclosure is constructed from corrosion-resistant polycarbonate, which is clear to allow you to monitor the O-ring seal and the camera. It is designed, made by hand, and tested in the USA.
The housing is shipped without a required lens port and accepts one of several interchangeable ports for various lenses. For compatibility, see Port Finder and Charts . Additionally, the optional Straight and 45-Degree Magnified Optical Viewfinders enhance your view through your camera's OVF and provide greater long-term comfort.
- Construction Details
- Features a depth rating of 200'
- Designed, made by hand, and tested in USA
- Manufactured from durable, corrosion-resistant polycarbonate, which is clear to allow you to monitor O-ring seal and maintain full view of camera
- Aluminum 1/4"-20 threaded top mount for attaching lightweight accessories, such as lighting arms
- Strobe Connection and Operation
- Built-in, proprietary circuitry and an Ikelite bulkhead strobe connector allow for TTL exposure with optional, external Ikelite DS Substrobes attached via sync cords
- Non-Ikelite strobes are compatible in manual mode
- Hard-wired sync cable connection means camera's flash does not need to fire, unlike a fiber-optic connection
- Sync connection eliminates shutter lag, since you don't need to wait for camera's flash to recycle, and also saves battery life and reduces heat build-up inside housing
- Solves slave TTL strobe issues of signal interference, inconsistent exposure, and false triggering caused by other light sources
- Exposure adjustments can be made directly through controls on rear of housing
- Tweak TTL exposure or take total manual control without taking your hand off the housing
- Access plus/minus exposure compensation in TTL mode, plus manual power settings in half-stop increments
- Strobe Compatibility
- Ikelite DS50, above serial number 70000
- DS125, above serial number 5000
- Non-Ikelite strobes in manual mode only
- Controls and Handling
- Mechanical controls, including push-buttons, knurled dials, and levers, afford access to all camera functions except for diopter adjustment control and flash mode/compensation button
- Includes an aluminum mounting tray with dual quick-release handles, which improve balance and give you attachment points for optional lighting arms
- Lens Port
- Shipped without a required lens port and accepts one of several interchangeable dome and flat ports for various lenses
- See Port Chart linked above for compatibility
- An over-sized knob engages the universal zoom gears smoothly
- Two zoom gear sets included: one for most popular lenses with large diameters, and another for those with smaller diameters
- Ports attach via four locking latches for maximum security and quick changes between dives
|Depth Rating||200' / 60 m|
|Control Type||Mechanical push-buttons, knurled dials, and levers|
|Controls||All camera functions except for diopter adjustment control and flash mode/compensation button are accessible|
|Material of Construction||Polycarbonate|
|Lens Port|| Ships without required lens port |
Accepts system of optional, interchangeable ports with flat and dome-shaped front elements for various lenses
For compatibility, see Port Chart linked in Overview
|Buoyancy|| Slightly negative in fresh water |
Actual buoyancy varies depending on choice of lens and port
|External Flash Connector|| Ikelite bulkhead sync connector with built-in TTL circuitry |
Accepts optional Ikelite DS Substrobes attached via sync cords
Non-Ikelite strobes compatible in manual mode
DS strobe compatibility: DS50 (above serial number 70000), DS51, DS125 (above serial number 5000), DS160, DS161, DS200
|Mounting|| Includes aluminum mounting tray with dual quick-release handles |
Aluminum 1/4"-20 threaded top mount
|Dimensions||9.8 x 6.7 x 6.7" / 25 x 17 x 17 cm|
|Weight||5.3 lb / 2.4 kg without tray and handles|
|Package Weight||9.6 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||14.5 x 9.3 x 8.4"|
- Tray with Dual Quick-Release Handles
- Port Hole Cover
- Waterproof Bulkhead Cap
- Zoom/Focus Clamp and Gear Sleeve Set for Lenses up to 2.8" in Diameter in DSLR Housings
- Zoom Sleeve
- 1cc Tube of Silicone Lubricant
- Microfiber Lens Cloth
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.