HighPoint RocketStor 6418AS 2TB 8-Bay Mini-SAS RAID Enclosure with SSDs Kit (4 x 500GB)
- 2TB Storage Capacity
- Includes 4 x 500GB 2.5" SSDs
- 8 x 2.5"/3.5" Hot-Swap Drive Bays
- 2 x Mini-SAS (SFF-8088) Ports
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and JBOD
- Includes Hardware RAID PCIe 2.0 Adapter
- Two 80mm Cooling Fans
- Two SFF-8088 Cables Included
- Windows, Mac, and Linux Compatible
- HighPoint RocketStor 6418AS 8-Bay Mini-SAS RAID Enclosure
Ports Enclosure: 2 x SFF-8088 (Mini-SAS)
Adapter Card: 2 x SFF-8088 (Mini-SAS)
Drive Bays 8 x SAS/SATA bays supporting 2.5" and 3.5" drives RAID RAID-on-Chip onboard storage processor
RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and JBOD
Memory 512 MB DDR3 cache memory with ECC Adapter Architecture PCIe 2.0 x8 Operating System Supported Window Server 2008 and Window 7 and later
Linux: RedHat Enterprise, Open SuSE, Fedora Core, Debian, Ubuntu
Driver embedded into Linux Kernel 3.9.4 and later
Driver embedded into FreeBSD 9.0 and later
Mac OS X 10.6 and later
Driver embedded into Mac OS X 10.9 and later
Material of Main Chassis Brushed aluminum housing RAID Function Configurable RAID block size up to 1 MB
Flash ROM for upgradeable firmware
DV Mode technology
Storage Health Inspector
Redundant RAID configurations
Optional (HPTBBU-05) battery backup unit retains data when power outage occurs
Multiple RAID partitions supported
Online array roaming
Online RAID Level Migration (ORLM)
Online Capacity Expansion (OCE)
RAID Initialization Background/Foreground/Quick
Global Hot Spare Disk support
Automatic and configurable RAID Rebuilding Priority
NVRAM with Write Journaling enhances RAID integrity
Disk Format compatible: 512, 512e, 4Kn
Larger than 2 TB Drive and RAID Array support
Native Command Queuing
Write Back and Write Through
Alerts Drive LED Indicator: Power, Present, and Active
SMTP email alert notification
Power AC Input: 100 to 240 V, 5 A, 50/60 Hz
DC Output: 250 W
Cooling 2 x 80 x 80 x 25 mm fans Temperatures Operating: 41 to 113�F / 5 to 45�C
Non-operating: -40 to 149�F / -40 to 65�C
Humidity Operating: 8 to 90% RH (non-condensing)
Non-operating: 5 to 95% (non-condensing)
Dimensions (H x W x D) 13.0 x 5.7 x 10.1" / 33.0 x 14.5 x 25.7 cm Weight 13.4 lb / 6.1 kg Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 15.6 x 13.8 x 9.4"
- 4 x Samsung 500GB 850 Evo 2.5" SATA III SSD
Capacity 500 GB Interface SATA 6 Gb/s (compatible with SATA 3 Gb/s & SATA 1.5 Gb/s interface) Sequential Read Speed Up to 540 MB/s Sequential Write Speed Up to 520 MB/s Memory Speed Samsung 32 layer 3D 3-bit V-NAND RAM Samsung 512 MB low power DDR3 SDRAM Random Read 4 KB, QD32
Up to 98,000 IOPS
4 KB, QD1
Up to 10,000 IOPS
Note performance may vary based on system hardware and configuration
Random Write 4 KB, QD32
Up to 90,000 IOPS
4 KB, QD1
Up to 40,000 IOPS
Note Performance may vary based on system hardware and configuration
Controller Samsung MGX controller TRIM Support Yes (requires OS support) RAID Support Yes (with RAID controller) AES Encryption AES 256-bit Encryption (Class 0), TCG/Opal, MS eDrive IEEE1667 (Encrypted drive) Power Consumption Active Reads: 3.7 W (max)
Active Writes: 4.4 W (max)
Idle: 0.5 W (max)
Note actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware and configuration
Voltage 5V � 5% Allowable voltage Reliability (MTBF) 2 million hours Reliability (TBW) 150 TBW / 80 GB Annualized Failure Rate (AFR) 0.45% Uncorrectable Bit Error Rate 1 sector per 10 17 bits read Operating Temperature 32 to 158�F / 0 to 70� C Humidity 5 to 95%, non-condensing Form Factor 2.5" Hardware Compatibility Windows 8 (32 and 64-bit), 7 (32 and 64-bit), Vista, XP, Mac OSX, and Linux Software Compatibility Windows 8 (32 and 64-bit), 7 (32 and 64-bit), Vista (SP1 and above), XP (SP2 and above), Server 2008 (32 and 64-bit), Server 2003 (32 and 64-bit with SP2 and above) Data Retention 1 year power-off once SSD reaches rated write endurance at 104�F / 40�C Dimensions 3.94 x 2.75 x 0.27" / 100.08 x 69.85 x 6.86 mm Weight 0.14 lb / 0.06 kg Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 5.7 x 5.6 x 0.7"
This B&H Kit comes with a HighPoint RocketStor 6418AS 8-Bay Mini-SAS RAID Enclosure along with four 500GB SSDs that deliver data quickly and provide a total raw capacity of 2TB. The 2.5" SSDs are installed into four of the eight hot-swappable drive bays, which leaves room for any additional drives you already own or wish to purchase separately. With a supplied hardware RAID PCIe 2.0 x8 controller card, you can configure the SSDs in a RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, or JBOD mode to enhance the drive's capabilities such as redundancy and performance.
- HighPoint RocketStor 6418AS 8-Bay Mini-SAS RAID Enclosure
The Highpoint RocketStor 6418AS 8-Bay Mini-SAS RAID Enclosure features eight hot-swappable bays to deliver data quickly and reliably using your hard drives and SSDs. These bays support 2.5" and 3.5" drives that come with a SATA or SAS interface. You can mount NAS or Enterprise drives up to 8TB in capacity. Once drives are installed, the hardware RAID PCIe 2.0 x8 host adapter lets you configure these drives into a RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, or JBOD mode. To support the fast reads and writes, the enclosure utilizes two Mini-SAS connectors that provide a single SAS 6 Gb/s lane for each drive and offer a total bandwidth of 48 Gb/s.
To manage the fast data, Highpoint has equipped the RocketStor 6418AS with RAID-on-Chip processors along with 512MB of DDR3 cache memory. This set of hardware features helps minimize the impact on your Windows, Mac, or Linux-based system. For cooling the enclosure and drives, two 80mm fans are onboard. A user-friendly web-based management interface is available to configure, monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot RAID configurations and individual storage devices. Advanced Management features are also included so you can configure email alerts and manage the data in the 6418AS remotely, via an Ethernet connection on your computer, while outside the work environment.
- Connectivity Solution
- The RocketStor 6418AS utilizes high-performance Mini-SAS connectivity to directly support up to 8 SAS/SATA hard drives or SSDs in a RAID storage configuration. The two Mini-SAS connectors deliver eight 6 Gb/s SAS lanes to provide a maximum data transfer bandwidth of 4800 MB/s, which is a suitable solution for business or mission critical Workstations that require highly sustained storage performance.
- RAID Architecture
- The RocketStor 6418AS is suitable for RAID 5/6 storage applications that require maximum sustained performance. Built-in hardware RAID and 512MB of DDR3 onboard cache memory allow the RocketStor 6418AS to work independently and minimize the RAID operation's impact on the host system or system loads. DV Mode Technology intelligently manages the flow of large data blocks and write-back caching to minimize latency and ensure consistent, sustained high-performance transfers for media-rich applications.
- Storage Availability and Accessibility
- The RocketStor 6418AS has integrated a series of preemptive security measures to maximize storage uptime whenever data is needed. Redundant RAID 5 and 6 protections shield storage configurations from 1 or 2 disk failures, respectively. The RocketStor Storage Health Inspector (SHI) proactively maintains the health of arrays by examining each drive for failed sectors and dynamically repairs and remaps on the fly to keep data available.
- Robust RAID Recovery
- HighPoint's Hardware RAID solutions come with built-in NVRAM that constantly tracks in-progress writes to preserve the integrity of data in the event of a drive failure or system crash. These solutions also include streamlined recovery procedures while minimizing downtime. Administrators can initialize or schedule RAID verification sessions that check each disk member of an array for parity consistency. If any parity related problems are found, the interface will immediately rebuild the array to ensure the integrity of your data.
- Open-Box Storage Solution
- The RocketStor 6418AS features an "open-box" approach to storage, which grants users the freedom to use their choice of SAS or SATA drive from all major drive brands. Users can add drives as needed to meet the evolving performance or capacity requirements of the storage application.
The eight removable hot-swap bays support 2.5" or 3.5" SATA / SAS hard drives. Enterprise and NAS drives are recommended for the RocketStor 6418AS, allowing users to tailor storage configurations to meet each application's performance and budget requirements.
- RAID Storage Expansion Ready
- The RocketStor 6418AS provides many storage expansion options; users can upgrade sub-terabyte single drive configurations to RAID arrays comprised of multiple 8TB hard disks, up to maximum capacity of 64TB. The RocketStor's configurable Online Capacity Expansion (OCE) and RAID Migration allow users to modify RAID configurations or expand existing storage while avoiding complicated and time-consuming backup and restoration procedures.
- Storage Management Solution
- The RocketStor 6418AS includes a user-friendly web-based management interface available for Windows and Mac OSX operating systems. Novices and experts alike, can quickly and easily configure, monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot RAID configurations and individual storage devices�all from a single, unified software suite. Advanced Management Features allow users to configure email notification to inform one or more users of changing storage conditions while outside of the work environment and manage storage remotely via a local network connection.
- 4 x Samsung 500GB 850 Evo 2.5" SATA III SSD
Access your data quickly and efficiently with the 500GB 850 Evo 2.5" SATA III SSD from Samsung . This 500GB solid state drive features sequential read speeds of up to 540 MB/s and sequential write speeds of up to 520 MB/s allowing for the rapid transfer of large files. The integrated SATA 6 Gb/s interface makes installation quick and easy while remaining backwards compatible with SATA II 3 Gb/s and SATA 1.5 Gb/s interfaces. This Samsung SSD even comes with 512MB of low power DDR3 SDRAM used as cache memory to enhance processing speeds.
With a 2.5" form factor, this solid state drive is designed to be used in a variety of notebook and desktop computers. The reduced size is achieved through the use of Samsung's 3D V-NAND flash memory as each of the 32 cell layers are stacked vertically rather than horizontally. Samsung also implements their own TurboWrite technology to deliver enhanced sequential read and write speeds while Rapid Mode software utilizes the integrated cache (DRAM) memory to improve processing speeds. Insert this solid state drive into nearly any notebook computer and you benefit from improved battery life with the enhanced SSD controller allowing the drive to sleep at an efficient 2 mW.
- 3D V-NAND Technology
- Samsung's 3D V-NAND flash memory helps to overcome the limitations of conventional planar NAND architecture. It stacks 32 cell layers vertically over one another rather than trying to fit itself onto a fixed horizontal space, in order to provide high density and performance with a small footprint.
- TurboWrite Technology
- Samsung's TurboWrite technology helps to maximize your computing ability. The 850 EVO delivers exceptionally high performance in sequential read and write speeds, as well as optimized random performance for high-end computing on client PCs.
- Rapid Mode
- Samsung's Magician software provides a Rapid Mode for fast processing speeds on a system level by utilizing unused PC memory (DRAM) as cache storage, as well as high performance at various random queue depths.
- Long Lasting and Energy Efficient
- Enjoy long battery life on your notebook to maximize productivity, thanks to a controller optimized for Samsung's 3D V-NAND technology and enabling device sleep at a highly efficient 2mW. The 850 EVO is also highly energy efficient as compared to planar 2D NAND technology.
- AES 256-Bit Encryption
- Secure data without performance degradation thanks to AES 256-bit encryption that is compliant with TCG Opal 2.0. The 850 EVO is also compatible with Microsoft e-drive IEEE1667 for extra protection to help secure your peace of mind.
- Dynamic Thermal Guard
- This constantly monitors and works to maintain ideal temperatures to protect the integrity of your data and safeguard from overheating. When temperatures rise above an optimal threshold, the Dynamic Thermal Guard automatically throttles them down to protect data while maintaining responsiveness.
- One-Stop Install Navigator
- With One-Stop Install Navigator software you can migrate all of the data and applications from your existing primary storage to the 850 EVO in three simple steps. The Samsung Magician software also allows you to optimize and manage your system in a manner that is best suited for the SSD.
- Samsung Components
- The 850 EVO is built from Samsung Components that are designed and manufactured in-house to allow complete optimized integration. This means high performance, low power consumption with an up to 1 GB LPDDR2 DRAM cache memory and excellent energy-efficiency with the MEX/MGX controller.
All product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.