HighPoint RocketStor 6318A 32TB (8 x 4TB) 8-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Enclosure with Drives
- 32TB Storage Capacity with Drives
- Includes 8 x 4TB Hard Drives
- 8 x 3.5" & 2.5" SATA / SAS Drive Bays
- 2 x Thunderbolt 2 Ports
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and JBOD
- RAID-on-Chip Storage Processor
- 512MB DDR3 Cache Memory
- 3.5" Hard Drive Form Factor
- SATA 6 Gb/s Drive Interface
- 64MB Cache Memory Buffer
This B&H Kit features the HighPoint RocketStor 6318A 8-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Enclosure along with eight 4TB Western Digital 3.5" Red Internal Hard Drives . The RocketStor RAID enclosure features eight drive bays that support both 3.5" and 2.5" SATA and SAS hard drives and SSDs. Once the included 3.5" 4TB drives are inserted, users have a total storage capacity of 32TB to work with and can configure the enclosure to RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and JBOD. The plethora of RAID configurations allow the user to choose which type of storage configuration suits their needs whether it be redundancy, performance, or a combination of the two.
- HighPoint RocketStor 6318A 8-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Enclosure
Add the speed and storage capabilities of Thunderbolt 2 and RAID to your Windows, Mac, or Linux computer using the RocketStor 6318A 8-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Enclosure from HighPoint . It is well suited for not only high-stress work environments, but also portable applications. The RocketStor 6318A supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and JBOD, each of which will provide users with performance, data redundancy, or a combination of both. The 6318A is equipped with an integrated RAID-on-Chip storage processor and 512MB of DDR3 cache memory with ECC protection
The RocketStor 6318A has 8 drive bays that support 3.5" and 2.5" SATA and SAS hard drives and SSDs. All the drive bays are hot swappable and also feature LEDs noting power, presence, activity, and failure, all of which help report on the status of each drive. The 6318A is also equipped with dual Thunderbolt 2 ports, which allow for daisy-chaining Thunderbolt 2 and Thunderbolt displays and devices. Thunderbolt 2 operates at 20 Gbps, which allows simultaneous bi-directional transfer speeds at up to 10 Gbps.
The 6318A also features a user-friendly and browser-based RAID Storage Management Suite that allows users to configure, monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot RAID configurations and individual storage devices. Advanced Management Features will allow users to configure E-mail notifications to inform users of changing storage conditions while outside of the work environment and manage storage remotely via a local network connection. Additionally, it is possible to schedule RAID verification sessions and a Storage Health Inspector (SHI) will help to maintain the health of the entire system. Included with this RAID are 8 x drive trays, 2 x sets of HDD/SSD mounting screws with 18 screws in each set, 1 x Thunderbolt cable, and 1 UL power cord.
- Thunderbolt 2 Connectivity
- The RocketStor 6318A utilizes high-performance Thunderbolt 2 connectivity to directly support up to 8 SAS/SATA hard drives or SSDs in one or more RAID storage configurations. The robust bandwidth and simple single-cable design, which can provide a maximum transfer speed of 1300 MB/s, is suitable for compact workstations and portable computing platforms.
- RAID Architecture
- The RocketStor 6318A is suitable for RAID 5/6 storage applications that require maximum sustained performance. Built-in hardware RAID and 512MB of DDR3 onboard cache memory allow the RocketStor 6318A to work independently and minimize the RAID operation's impact on the host system or system loads. DV Mode Technology intelligently manages the flow of large data blocks and write-back caching to minimize latency and ensure consistent, sustained high-performance transfers for media-rich applications.
- Storage Availability and Accessibility
- The RocketStor 6318A has integrated a series of preemptive security measures to maximize storage uptime whenever data is needed. Redundant RAID 5 and 6 protections shield storage configurations from 1 or 2 disk failures, respectively. The RocketStor Storage Health Inspector (SHI) proactively maintains the health of arrays by examining each drive for failed sectors and dynamically repairs and remaps on the fly to keep data available.
- Robust RAID Recovery
- HighPoint's Hardware RAID solutions come with built-in NVRAM that constantly tracks in-progress writes to preserve the integrity of data in the event of a drive failure or system crash. These solutions also include streamlined recovery procedures while minimizing downtime. Administrators can initialize or schedule RAID verification sessions that check each disk member of an array for parity consistency. If any parity related problems are found, the interface will immediately rebuild the array to ensure the integrity of your data.
- Open-Box Storage Solution
- The RocketStor 6318A is a hardware RAID Solution with an "open-box" approach to storage applications. Users have the freedom to use their choice of SAS or SATA storage devices, such as SSDs for performance or large hard disks for maximum capacity. The 6318A supports drives from virtually all major drive brands including HGST, Seagate, Toshiba, and WDC. Enterprise and NAS drives are recommended for the RocketStor 6318A, allowing users to tailor storage configurations to meet each application's performance and budget requirements.
- RAID Storage Expansion Ready
- The Rocketstor 6318A's daisy-chain capability allows users to link as many as six independent RocketStor 6318A units, using a single Thunderbolt 2 host port.The RocketStor's configurable online capacity expansion and RAID migration allow users to modify RAID configurations or expand existing storage while avoiding complicated, time consuming backup and restoration procedures.
- RAID Management Suite
- The intuitive and user-friendly web-based management interface is available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux operating systems. Novices and experts alike can quickly and easily configure, monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot RAID configurations and individual storage devices, all from a single, unified software suite.
Advanced Management Features also allow customers to configure E-mail notifications to inform one or more users of changing storage conditions while outside of the work environment and manage storage remotely via a local network connection
- 8 x WD 4TB Red 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD
Designed with home and small office/business customers in mind, the 4TB Red 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD from WD is well-suited for NAS environments with up to eight 3.5" drive bays. Engineered to handle increased workloads, this 4TB drive operates using a SATA III 6 Gb/s interface, a 64MB cache, and a rotational speed of 5400 rpm, all of which help to ensure uninterrupted data transfers with a sustained rate of up to 150 MB/s. This drive also features high levels of reliability, with 600,000 load/unload cycles, <10 in 10 14 non-recoverable read errors per bits read, error recovery controls, and 1,000,000 hours MTBF for 1-8 bay NAS systems. Also built into this drive are noise and vibration protection and WD's NASware 3.0 helps increase system compatibility, allowing WD Red drives to be more easily integrated with your existing network infrastructure.
- Fill Your NAS with WD Red
- Built for 1 to 8-bay NAS systems, WD Red lets users store their data in one unit
- NASware 3.0 Technology
- Built into every WD Red hard drive, NASware 3.0's technology helps improves your system's storage performance by increasing compatibility, integration, upgradeability, and reliability
- Built for NAS Compatibility
- Desktop drives aren't purpose-built for NAS, but WD Red drives with NASware are. WD's technology helps takes the guesswork out of selecting a drive. WD Red is for small NAS systems and WD's algorithm balances performance and reliability in NAS and RAID environments
- Desktop Drives vs. WD Red
- Desktop hard drives are not designed for NAS environments. Do right by your NAS and choose a drive with an array of features to help preserve your data and maintain optimum performance. Take the following into consideration when choosing a hard drive for your NAS:
- Compatibility: Without being tested for compatibility with your NAS system, improved performance is not guaranteed
- Reliability: The always-on environment of a NAS or RAID is a hot one and desktop drives aren't typically tested in those conditions. WD Red is
- Error Recovery Controls: WD Red NAS hard drives are specifically designed with RAID error recovery control to help reduce failures within the NAS system. Desktop drives are not typically designed for RAID environments where this can be an issue
- Noise and Vibration Protection: Designed to operate solo, desktop drives offer little or no protection from the noise and vibration faced in a multi-drive system. WD Red drives are designed for multi-bay NAS systems
- WD Red for Home
- Stream, backup, share, and organize your digital content at home with a NAS and WD Red drives designed to share content to the devices in your home. Red NASware helps increase your drives' compatibility with your devices, TV, stereo, and more
- WD Red for Small Business
- WD Red is a good hard drive choice for 1 to 8 bay systems. NASware 3.0 allows for integration with your existing network so WD Red can share and backup files at the speed of your business. For larger businesses with up to 16 bays, use WD Red Pro
- 3D Active Balance Plus
- This helps ensure your data is protected from excessive vibration and noise in a NAS or RAID environment. This dual-plane balance control helps reduce the degradation of your drive over time
- Since your NAS system is always on, a reliable drive is essential. With an MTBF of up to 1 million hours, the WD Red drive with NASware 3.0 is designed for 24x7 environments
- Cooler Operations
- By reducing power consumption, the operating temperature of your NAS stays cooler. With a lower temperature in your system, you can create a more reliable solution for your NAS
- HighPoint RocketStor 6318A 8-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Enclosure
Specifications Port Technology Thunderbolt 2 Onboard Storage Processor RAID-On-Chip onboard Onboard Cache Memory 512 MB DDR3 of cache memory with ECC Port Type 2 x Thunderbolt ports RAID Level 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and JBOD Number of Drives Up to 8
Max Capacity: 64 TB
Drive Interface SATA & SAS Drive Form Factor 3.5" & 2.5" Material Brushed Aluminum Housing Certifications CE, FCC, RoHS Power 100 to 240 VAC, 5 A
Advanced RAID Features Configurable RAID Block Size up to 1 MB
Flash ROM for Upgradeable Firmware
DV Mode Technology
Storage Health Inspector
Redundant RAID Configurations
Bootable RAID Array
EFI Boot for Mac Platform
Multiple RAID Partitions supported
Online Array Roaming
Online RAID Level Migration (ORLM)
Online Capacity Expansion (OCE)
RAID Initialization Background / Foreground / Quick
Global Hot Spare Disk support
Automatic and configurable RAID Rebuilding Priority
Disk Format compatible: 512, 512e, 4Kn
Larger than 2 TB Drive and RAID Array support
Spin down Massive Arrays of Idle Disks support
Native Command Queuing
Write Back and Write Through
Storage Monitoring and Management Suite RAID Management Suites Browser-Based Management Tool Drive Indicators Power, Present, Active, Fail, Rebuilding SMTP Email Alert Notification Alarm Buzzer Buzzer Beeping when Failed Drive or Array Occurs Operating System Support Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Windows Server 2008, 2012
OS X 10.8.5 and later (Driver Embedded to Mac OS X 10.9 and later)
Operating Environment Temperature Operating: 41 to 113°F / 5 to 45°C
Non-Operating: -40 to 149°F / -40 to 65°C
Humidity Operating: 8 - 90% Relative Humidity (non-condensing)
Non-Operating: 5 - 95% Relative Humidity (non-condensing)
Dimensions & Weight Dimensions 12.49 x 5.63 x 9.31" / 31.72 x 14.30 x 23.65 cm Weight 12.90 lb / 5.85 kg Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 15.5 x 13.5 x 9.5"
- 8 x WD 4TB Red 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD
Product Specifications Capacity 4 TB Interface SATA III 6 Gb/s Form Factor 3.5" Advanced Format (AF) Yes Native Command Queuing Yes RoHS Compliant Yes Performance Data Transfer Rate (max) Interface Speed: 6 Gb/s
Internal Transfer Rate: 150 MB/s
Cache 64 MB Rotational Speed 5400 rpm Reliability / Data Integrity Load/Unload Cycles 600,000 Non-Recoverable Read Errors per Bits Read <1 in 10 14 MTBF 1,000,000 hours Average Power Requirements Read/Write: 4.5 W
Idle: 3.3 W
Standby/Sleep: 0.4 W
Environmental Specifications Temperature Operating: 32 to 149°F / 0 to 65°C
Non-Operating: -40 to 158°F / -40 to 70°C
Shock Operating (2 ms, read/write): 30 Gs
Operating (2 ms, read): 65 Gs
Non-Operating (2 ms): 250 Gs
Acoustics Idle: 25 dBA Seek (average): 28 dBA Physical Dimensions Dimensions 1.028 x 5.700 x 4.000" / 26.11 x 144.8 x 101.6 mm Weight 1.50 lb / 0.68 kg Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 8.5 x 6.1 x 2.9"
- RocketStor 6318A 8-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Enclosure
- 8 x Drive Trays
- Mounting Screw Kit
- Thunderbolt Cable
- UL Power Cord
- Limited 3-Year Parts & Labor Warranty
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.