HighPoint RocketStor 6318A 2TB 8-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Enclosure with SSDs Kit (4 x 500GB)
- Includes 4 x 500GB SATA III 2.5" SSDs
- 8 x 3.5" & 2.5" SATA / SAS Drive Bays
- 2 x Thunderbolt 2 Ports
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and JBOD
- RAID-on-Chip Storage Processor
- 512MB DDR3 Cache Memory
- RAID Storage Management Suite
- Supports Windows, Mac, and Linux
- RocketStor 6318A 8-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Enclosure
- 8 x Drive Trays
- Mounting Screw Kit
- Thunderbolt Cable
- UL Power Cord
- Limited 3-Year Parts & Labor Warranty
- HighPoint RocketStor 6318A 8-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Enclosure
Specifications Port Technology Thunderbolt 2 Onboard Storage Processor RAID-On-Chip onboard Onboard Cache Memory 512 MB DDR3 of cache memory with ECC Port Type 2 x Thunderbolt ports RAID Level 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and JBOD Number of Drives Up to 8
Max Capacity: 64 TB
Drive Interface SATA & SAS Drive Form Factor 3.5" & 2.5" Material Brushed Aluminum Housing Certifications CE, FCC, RoHS Power 100 to 240 VAC, 5 A
Advanced RAID Features Configurable RAID Block Size up to 1 MB
Flash ROM for Upgradeable Firmware
DV Mode Technology
Storage Health Inspector
Redundant RAID Configurations
Bootable RAID Array
EFI Boot for Mac Platform
Multiple RAID Partitions supported
Online Array Roaming
Online RAID Level Migration (ORLM)
Online Capacity Expansion (OCE)
RAID Initialization Background / Foreground / Quick
Global Hot Spare Disk support
Automatic and configurable RAID Rebuilding Priority
Disk Format compatible: 512, 512e, 4Kn
Larger than 2 TB Drive and RAID Array support
Spin down Massive Arrays of Idle Disks support
Native Command Queuing
Write Back and Write Through
Storage Monitoring and Management Suite RAID Management Suites Browser-Based Management Tool Drive Indicators Power, Present, Active, Fail, Rebuilding SMTP Email Alert Notification Alarm Buzzer Buzzer Beeping when Failed Drive or Array Occurs Operating System Support Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10
Windows Server 2008, 2012
OS X 10.8.5 and later (Driver Embedded to Mac OS X 10.9 and later)
Operating Environment Temperature Operating: 41 to 113�F / 5 to 45�C
Non-Operating: -40 to 149�F / -40 to 65�C
Humidity Operating: 8 - 90% Relative Humidity (non-condensing)
Non-Operating: 5 - 95% Relative Humidity (non-condensing)
Dimensions & Weight Dimensions 12.49 x 5.63 x 9.31" / 31.72 x 14.30 x 23.65 cm Weight 12.90 lb / 5.85 kg Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 15.5 x 13.5 x 9.5"
- 4 x Samsung 500GB 850 Evo 2.5" SATA III SSD
Capacity 500 GB Interface SATA 6 Gb/s (compatible with SATA 3 Gb/s & SATA 1.5 Gb/s interface) Sequential Read Speed Up to 540 MB/s Sequential Write Speed Up to 520 MB/s Memory Speed Samsung 32 layer 3D 3-bit V-NAND RAM Samsung 512 MB low power DDR3 SDRAM Random Read 4 KB, QD32
Up to 98,000 IOPS
4 KB, QD1
Up to 10,000 IOPS
Note performance may vary based on system hardware and configuration
Random Write 4 KB, QD32
Up to 90,000 IOPS
4 KB, QD1
Up to 40,000 IOPS
Note Performance may vary based on system hardware and configuration
Controller Samsung MGX controller TRIM Support Yes (requires OS support) RAID Support Yes (with RAID controller) AES Encryption AES 256-bit Encryption (Class 0), TCG/Opal, MS eDrive IEEE1667 (Encrypted drive) Power Consumption Active Reads: 3.7 W (max)
Active Writes: 4.4 W (max)
Idle: 0.5 W (max)
Note actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware and configuration
Voltage 5V � 5% Allowable voltage Reliability (MTBF) 2 million hours Reliability (TBW) 150 TBW / 80 GB Annualized Failure Rate (AFR) 0.45% Uncorrectable Bit Error Rate 1 sector per 10 17 bits read Operating Temperature 32 to 158�F / 0 to 70� C Humidity 5 to 95%, non-condensing Form Factor 2.5" Hardware Compatibility Windows 8 (32 and 64-bit), 7 (32 and 64-bit), Vista, XP, Mac OSX, and Linux Software Compatibility Windows 8 (32 and 64-bit), 7 (32 and 64-bit), Vista (SP1 and above), XP (SP2 and above), Server 2008 (32 and 64-bit), Server 2003 (32 and 64-bit with SP2 and above) Data Retention 1 year power-off once SSD reaches rated write endurance at 104�F / 40�C Dimensions 3.94 x 2.75 x 0.27" / 100.08 x 69.85 x 6.86 mm Weight 0.14 lb / 0.06 kg Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 5.7 x 5.6 x 0.7"
This B&H Kit comes with a HighPoint RocketStor 6318A 8-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Enclosure and four 500GB SSDs to deliver data virtually instantaneously with Thunderbolt 2 and solid-state technologies. The four SATA-based 2.5" SSDs can be configured in a RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and JBOD array utilizing a browser-based RAID Storage Management suite. Optional SSDs of the same size can be installed into the RocketStor 6318A's four remaining bays to increase its raw storage capacity of 2TB.
- HighPoint RocketStor 6318A 8-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Enclosure
Add the speed and storage capabilities of Thunderbolt 2 and RAID to your Windows, Mac, or Linux computer using the RocketStor 6318A 8-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Enclosure from HighPoint . It is well suited for not only high-stress work environments, but also portable applications. The RocketStor 6318A supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, and JBOD, each of which will provide users with performance, data redundancy, or a combination of both. The 6318A is equipped with an integrated RAID-on-Chip storage processor and 512MB of DDR3 cache memory with ECC protection
The RocketStor 6318A has 8 drive bays that support 3.5" and 2.5" SATA and SAS hard drives and SSDs. All the drive bays are hot swappable and also feature LEDs noting power, presence, activity, and failure, all of which help report on the status of each drive. The 6318A is also equipped with dual Thunderbolt 2 ports, which allow for daisy-chaining Thunderbolt 2 and Thunderbolt displays and devices. Thunderbolt 2 operates at 20 Gbps, which allows simultaneous bi-directional transfer speeds at up to 10 Gbps.
The 6318A also features a user-friendly and browser-based RAID Storage Management Suite that allows users to configure, monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot RAID configurations and individual storage devices. Advanced Management Features will allow users to configure E-mail notifications to inform users of changing storage conditions while outside of the work environment and manage storage remotely via a local network connection. Additionally, it is possible to schedule RAID verification sessions and a Storage Health Inspector (SHI) will help to maintain the health of the entire system. Included with this RAID are 8 x drive trays, 2 x sets of HDD/SSD mounting screws with 18 screws in each set, 1 x Thunderbolt cable, and 1 UL power cord.
- Thunderbolt 2 Connectivity
- The RocketStor 6318A utilizes high-performance Thunderbolt 2 connectivity to directly support up to 8 SAS/SATA hard drives or SSDs in one or more RAID storage configurations. The robust bandwidth and simple single-cable design, which can provide a maximum transfer speed of 1300 MB/s, is suitable for compact workstations and portable computing platforms.
- RAID Architecture
- The RocketStor 6318A is suitable for RAID 5/6 storage applications that require maximum sustained performance. Built-in hardware RAID and 512MB of DDR3 onboard cache memory allow the RocketStor 6318A to work independently and minimize the RAID operation's impact on the host system or system loads. DV Mode Technology intelligently manages the flow of large data blocks and write-back caching to minimize latency and ensure consistent, sustained high-performance transfers for media-rich applications.
- Storage Availability and Accessibility
- The RocketStor 6318A has integrated a series of preemptive security measures to maximize storage uptime whenever data is needed. Redundant RAID 5 and 6 protections shield storage configurations from 1 or 2 disk failures, respectively. The RocketStor Storage Health Inspector (SHI) proactively maintains the health of arrays by examining each drive for failed sectors and dynamically repairs and remaps on the fly to keep data available.
- Robust RAID Recovery
- HighPoint's Hardware RAID solutions come with built-in NVRAM that constantly tracks in-progress writes to preserve the integrity of data in the event of a drive failure or system crash. These solutions also include streamlined recovery procedures while minimizing downtime. Administrators can initialize or schedule RAID verification sessions that check each disk member of an array for parity consistency. If any parity related problems are found, the interface will immediately rebuild the array to ensure the integrity of your data.
- Open-Box Storage Solution
- The RocketStor 6318A is a hardware RAID Solution with an "open-box" approach to storage applications. Users have the freedom to use their choice of SAS or SATA storage devices, such as SSDs for performance or large hard disks for maximum capacity. The 6318A supports drives from virtually all major drive brands including HGST, Seagate, Toshiba, and WDC. Enterprise and NAS drives are recommended for the RocketStor 6318A, allowing users to tailor storage configurations to meet each application's performance and budget requirements.
- RAID Storage Expansion Ready
- The Rocketstor 6318A's daisy-chain capability allows users to link as many as six independent RocketStor 6318A units, using a single Thunderbolt 2 host port.The RocketStor's configurable online capacity expansion and RAID migration allow users to modify RAID configurations or expand existing storage while avoiding complicated, time consuming backup and restoration procedures.
- RAID Management Suite
- The intuitive and user-friendly web-based management interface is available for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux operating systems. Novices and experts alike can quickly and easily configure, monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot RAID configurations and individual storage devices, all from a single, unified software suite.
Advanced Management Features also allow customers to configure E-mail notifications to inform one or more users of changing storage conditions while outside of the work environment and manage storage remotely via a local network connection
- 4 x Samsung 500GB 850 Evo 2.5" SATA III SSD
Access your data quickly and efficiently with the 500GB 850 Evo 2.5" SATA III SSD from Samsung . This 500GB solid state drive features sequential read speeds of up to 540 MB/s and sequential write speeds of up to 520 MB/s allowing for the rapid transfer of large files. The integrated SATA 6 Gb/s interface makes installation quick and easy while remaining backwards compatible with SATA II 3 Gb/s and SATA 1.5 Gb/s interfaces. This Samsung SSD even comes with 512MB of low power DDR3 SDRAM used as cache memory to enhance processing speeds.
With a 2.5" form factor, this solid state drive is designed to be used in a variety of notebook and desktop computers. The reduced size is achieved through the use of Samsung's 3D V-NAND flash memory as each of the 32 cell layers are stacked vertically rather than horizontally. Samsung also implements their own TurboWrite technology to deliver enhanced sequential read and write speeds while Rapid Mode software utilizes the integrated cache (DRAM) memory to improve processing speeds. Insert this solid state drive into nearly any notebook computer and you benefit from improved battery life with the enhanced SSD controller allowing the drive to sleep at an efficient 2 mW.
- 3D V-NAND Technology
- Samsung's 3D V-NAND flash memory helps to overcome the limitations of conventional planar NAND architecture. It stacks 32 cell layers vertically over one another rather than trying to fit itself onto a fixed horizontal space, in order to provide high density and performance with a small footprint.
- TurboWrite Technology
- Samsung's TurboWrite technology helps to maximize your computing ability. The 850 EVO delivers exceptionally high performance in sequential read and write speeds, as well as optimized random performance for high-end computing on client PCs.
- Rapid Mode
- Samsung's Magician software provides a Rapid Mode for fast processing speeds on a system level by utilizing unused PC memory (DRAM) as cache storage, as well as high performance at various random queue depths.
- Long Lasting and Energy Efficient
- Enjoy long battery life on your notebook to maximize productivity, thanks to a controller optimized for Samsung's 3D V-NAND technology and enabling device sleep at a highly efficient 2mW. The 850 EVO is also highly energy efficient as compared to planar 2D NAND technology.
- AES 256-Bit Encryption
- Secure data without performance degradation thanks to AES 256-bit encryption that is compliant with TCG Opal 2.0. The 850 EVO is also compatible with Microsoft e-drive IEEE1667 for extra protection to help secure your peace of mind.
- Dynamic Thermal Guard
- This constantly monitors and works to maintain ideal temperatures to protect the integrity of your data and safeguard from overheating. When temperatures rise above an optimal threshold, the Dynamic Thermal Guard automatically throttles them down to protect data while maintaining responsiveness.
- One-Stop Install Navigator
- With One-Stop Install Navigator software you can migrate all of the data and applications from your existing primary storage to the 850 EVO in three simple steps. The Samsung Magician software also allows you to optimize and manage your system in a manner that is best suited for the SSD.
- Samsung Components
- The 850 EVO is built from Samsung Components that are designed and manufactured in-house to allow complete optimized integration. This means high performance, low power consumption with an up to 1 GB LPDDR2 DRAM cache memory and excellent energy-efficiency with the MEX/MGX controller.
All product and company names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.