SparkFun Serial Enabled LCD Backpack Monochrome, Sparkfun Originals
The SparkFun Serial Enabled LCD Backpack allows you to control a parallel based LCD over a single-wire serial interface. The SerLCD backpack takes care of all the HD44780 commands allowing seamless integration with any micro that can communicate over a wide range of TTL serial baud rates. The SerLCD currently supports 16 and 20 character wide screens with 2 or 4 lines of display.
Communication with SerLCD requires 5V TTL serial at a default baud rate of 9600bps (8-N-1). You can adjust the baud to any standard rate between 2400 and 38400bps. The power, ground and RX pins are all broken out to a 3.5mm pitch screw terminal.
SerLCD has the ability to dim the backlight to conserve power if needed. There is also a potentiometer on the backpack to adjust the contrast.
Note: The SerLCD v2.5 Datasheet incorrectly identifies the PIC as a 16F688, when it’s actually a 16LF88. Sorry for blowing your mind.
- PIC 16LF88 utilizes onboard UART for greater communication accuracy
- Adjustable baud rates of 2400, 4800, 9600 (default), 14400, 19200 and 38400
- Operational Backspace
- Greater processing speed at 10MHz
- Incoming buffer stores up to 80 characters
- Backlight transistor can handle up to 1A
- Pulse width modulation of backlight allows direct control of backlight brightness and current consumption
- All surface mount design allows a backpack that is half the size of the original
- Faster boot-up time
- Boot-up display can be turned on/off via firmware
- User definable splash screen
- Eagle Files
- SerLCD v2.5 Datasheet
- Datasheet (PIC16LF88)
- SerLCD Pin Assignment
- Quickstart Guide
- Firmware (16x2)
- Firmware (20x4)
Dimensions: 0.56" x 1.75"
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.