SparkFun MP3 and MIDI Codec - VS1053B Audio, SMD ICs
VS1053b from VLSI is a single-chip Ogg Vorbis/MP3/AAC/WMA/MIDI audio decoder and an IMA ADPCM and user-loadable Ogg Vorbis encoder. It contains a high-performance, proprietary low-power DSP processor core VS DSP4, working data memory, 16 KiB instruction RAMand 0.5+ KiB data RAM for user applications running simultaneously with any built-in decoder, serial control and input data interfaces, upto 8 general purpose I/O pins, an UART, as well as a high-quality variable-sample rate stereo ADC (mic, line, line + mic or 2�line) and stereo DAC, followed by an earphone amplifier and a common voltage buffer.
VS1053b receives its input bitstream through a serial input bus, which it listens to as a system slave. The input stream is decoded and passed through a digital volume control to an 18-bit over-sampling, multi-bit, sigma-delta DAC. The decoding is controlled via a serial control bus. In addition to the basic decoding, it is possible to add application specific features, like DSP effects, to
the user RAM memory.
Available in a LQFP-48 pin 7x7x1.4mm package.
- Decodes multiple formats: Ogg Vorbis, MPEG 1 & 2 audio layer III (CBR+VBR+ABR), layers I & II optional, MPEG4 / 2 AAC-LC(+PNS), HE-AAC v2 (Level 3) (SBR + PS), WMA4.0/4.1/7/8/9 all profiles (5-384 kbps), WAV (PCM + IMA ADPCM), General MIDI 1 / SP-MIDI format 0
- Encodes two different formats: from mic/line in mono or stereo Ogg Vorbis with software plugin, IMA ADPCM
- Streaming support
- EarSpeaker Spatial Processing
- Bass and treble controls
- Operates with a single 12-13 MHz or 24-26 MHz clock
- Internal PLL clock multiplier
- Low-power operation
- High-quality on-chip stereo DAC with no phase error between channels
- Zero-cross detection for smooth volume change
- Stereo earphone driver capable of driving a 30� ohm load
- Quiet power-on and power-off
- I2S interface for external DAC
- Separate voltages for analog, digital, I/O
- 16.5 kiB on-chip RAM for user code and data
- Serial control and data interfaces
- Can be used as a slave co-processor
- SPI flash boot for special applications
- UART for debugging purposes
- New functions may be added with software and up to 8 GPIO pins
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.