- Circular Polarizer Filter
- For WonderPana FreeArc XL Systems
- 1.25 to 8x Filter Factor, +0.3 to 3 Stop
- Helps to Eliminate Reflections and Glare
- Reduces Haze in Landscapes
- Greater Color and Tonal Saturation
- Optical Glass Construction
- Multi-Coated, Aluminum-Alloy Filter Ring
- Slim Design, 7mm Thick
- Carrying Pouch
The FotodioX 186mm Slim, Multi-Coated Circular Polarizer Filter is compatible with FotodioX WonderPana FreeArc XL holder systems. It helps to reduce reflections as well as glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarized due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarizing filter arranges, and filters, this directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.
A circular polarizer only differs from a linear polarizer in that it contains a quarter wave plane in addition to the linear polarizing filter. The addition of this quarter wave plane is to circularly polarize the linearly polarized light for the use of auto focus and exposure functions. Due to how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polarizer, auto focus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. When the light becomes circularly polarized, it permits the use of these functions.
The FotodioX 186mm Slim, Multi-Coated Circular Polarizer Filter features lightweight, slim, aluminum-alloy filter rings and is constructed from optical glass for clarity as well as color fidelity. To prevent internal ghosting and reflections, each glass surface includes multiple layers of anti-reflection coating. A rear filter ring connects to a compatible filter holder while the front filter ring allows the filter glass to be easily rotated. This provides the ability to achieve the desired degree of polarization.
A separately-available FotodioX 186mm Center-Pinch Snap-On Lens Cap can be used to protect the front of a FotodioX 186mm Slim, Multi-Coated Circular Polarizer Filter that is placed in front of a lens.
- Compatible with FotodioX WonderPana FreeArc XL holder systems.
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Polarizing filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun.
- Circular polarizers are ideal for use with digital cameras and autofocus lenses where a linear polarizer will often disrupt auto exposure and focus features.
- Multi-coated to prevent internal ghosting and reflections.
- 1.25 to 8x filter factor reduces exposure by 0.3 to 3 stops.
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity.
- Lightweight, slim, aluminum-alloy filter rings that together are 7mm-thick to minimize the potential for vignetting.
- Filter pouch included for storage and transport.
|Filter Type ||Circular Polarizer |
|Filter Factor ||1.25 - 8 (0.3 - 3 Stop) |
|Shape ||Circle |
|Rotating ||Yes |
|Filter Thickness ||0.28" (7 mm) |
|Filter Material ||Glass |
|Coating ||Multi-Coated |
| Packaging Info |
|Package Weight ||0.65 lb |
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH) ||8.5 x 8.4 x 0.7" |
In the Box
FotodioX 186mm Slim, Multi-Coated Circular Polarizer Filter
- Filter Pouch
- Limited 2-Year Warranty
All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.