Drobo 5N 30TB 5-Bay NAS Storage Array Kit with Drives (5 x 6TB)
- 30TB Storage Capacity with Drives
- Holds 5 x 3.5" SATA HDDs
- Holds 1 x mSATA SSD
- Gigabit Ethernet Port, Cable Included
- Mixed Drive Size Utilization
- Thin Provisioning
- Hot Swappable
- BeyondRAID Features
- Mac and Windows Compatible
This B&H Kit includes a Drobo 5N 5-Bay NAS Storage Array and five 6TB hard drives, letting you create a networked storage pool of shared data. The 5N sports five carrier-less, tool-less drive bays, so you can quickly install the SATA-equipped drives. There's also one mSATA slot for holding an optional SSD, which enhances the delivery of data. For connectivity, the 5N comes outfitted with one Gigabit Ethernet port that shares your data with connected systems. Furthermore, the included NAS-based drives are rated for 24x7 operations and use less energy than everyday drives, making this kit well-suited for business and home environments.
- Drobo 5N 5-Bay NAS Storage Array with Gigabit Ethernet
The Drobo 5N 5-Bay NAS Storage Array with Gigabit Ethernet is the optimal solution for small network needs. It features 5 carrier-less, tool-less drive bays that can hold anywhere from a single 200GB to 4TB drives in each bay, for a total maximum capacity of 20TB (drives sold separately). The 3.5" SATA II/III drives can be of mixed capacity, spindle speed and/or cache size, which makes replacing and hot-swapping drives a breeze. It also accommodates one mSATA solid state drive for quick access to any program you need, and allows you to keep the five 3.5" drive bays open for business.
Other features of the Drobo 5N that will command your attention are the features in the proprietary BeyondRAID technology of this unit. BeyondRAID supports RAID 1, 5, and 6 modes (single and dual redundancy for one to four or more drives), but additionally includes Thin Provisioning (the ability to swap a smaller drive with a larger one) Automatic Protection Levels (which uses the best algorithm to protect from drive failure depending on the number of drives that are inserted, without any user configuration) and many more.
Passing all of that data through a USB 3.0 port may be effective, but transmitting over a Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/100MBps port allows you to easily connect to your network without the hassle of transferring, moving a drive, and transferring again. It also keeps the form factor down to a desktop square, convenient for offices short on space. And with the new large, tuned variable-speed cooling fan, it's much quieter than previous Drobos.
When considering consolidating your data, you have to look at cost, space and reliability. Many solutions can offer extras you don't need, and many more don't reach far enough to protect your assets. The Drobo 5N offers you expandability, security and design efficiency. Moreover, Drobo apps are available to provide additional features and capabilities for this Drobo 5N RAID enclosure.
- Data Protection and Expandability Made Simple
- Built on award-winning BeyondRAID technology with single- or dual-drive redundancy, Drobo 5N protects your data without any user interaction, even in the event of multiple drive failures. Drives can be added or hot-swapped on-the-fly for storage expansion with zero downtime. If you're running low on space, the lights on the front tell you what to do. Just add a drive in an empty bay or remove a smaller drive and replace it with a larger one.
- High-Speed Connectivity
- The Drobo 5N is equipped with a single Gigabit Ethernet port for network connectivity and connects directly to your network to make sharing your data easy. Just plug it into any switch or wireless router and you're ready to go. You can even connect the Drobo 5N directly to the Ethernet port on your computer without having to configure any settings.
- Capacity AND Performance
- Data-Aware Tiering technology, usually reserved for business-class storage solutions, is also available in this networked Drobo. It intelligently uses the high-performance SSDs to accelerate performance of the storage array, allowing applications such as Adobe Lightroom and Apple iPhoto or iTunes fast access to data. To keep capacity of the Drobo at a maximum, the Drobo Accelerator Bay accepts an industry-standard mSATA SSD, leaving all five 3.5" drives bays available for high-capacity HDDs. If getting the fastest performance possible is your thing, you can also load up every drive bay with SSDs. Drobo gives you the flexibility to choose.
- Power Protecting Your Critical Data
- Drobo doesn't just protect you from a drive failure, but also from potential data loss after a power outage. Often found only in arrays that cost tens of thousands of dollars, Drobo 5D includes a battery that protects all data in memory, or cache, that is, data on its way to the drives. When power spontaneously goes away, the battery keeps the Drobo alive long enough for the data to be written to non-volatile storage, ensuring your important information is safe. This battery recharges itself and is designed to last for the life of the product.
- Designed for You
- Drobo devices have always been space efficient and the Drobo 5N is no exception. It was designed from the ground up to provide very high capacity without taking up a lot of your valuable desk space. It is compact because of Drobo's unique carrierless drive-bay design, allowing drives to be installed very close to each other. Drobo 5N is also significantly quieter than previous-generation Drobos due to its large, tuned variable-speed cooling fan. You can even configure Drobo to spin down drives when they're not in use to further reduce noise and save energy.
- 5 x WD 6TB Red 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD
Designed with home and small office/business customers in mind, the 6TB Red 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD from WD is well-suited for NAS environments with up to eight 3.5" drive bays. Engineered to handle increased workloads, this 6TB drive operates using a SATA III 6 Gb/s interface, a 64MB cache, and a rotational speed of 5400 rpm, all of which help to ensure uninterrupted data transfers with a sustained rate of up to 175 MB/s. This drive also features high levels of reliability, with 600,000 load/unload cycles, <10 in 10 14 non-recoverable read errors per bits read, error recovery controls, and 1,000,000 hours MTBF for 1-8 bay NAS systems. Also built into this drive are noise and vibration protection and WD's NASware 3.0 helps increase system compatibility, allowing WD Red drives to be more easily integrated with your existing network infrastructure.
- Fill Your NAS with WD Red
- Built for 1 to 8-bay NAS systems, WD Red lets users store their data in one unit
- NASware 3.0 Technology
- Built into every WD Red hard drive, NASware 3.0's technology helps improves your system's storage performance by increasing compatibility, integration, upgradeability, and reliability
- Built for NAS Compatibility
- Desktop drives aren't purpose-built for NAS, but WD Red drives with NASware are. WD's technology helps takes the guesswork out of selecting a drive. WD Red is for small NAS systems and WD's algorithm balances performance and reliability in NAS and RAID environments
- Desktop Drives vs. WD Red
- Desktop hard drives are not designed for NAS environments. Do right by your NAS and choose a drive with an array of features to help preserve your data and maintain optimum performance. Take the following into consideration when choosing a hard drive for your NAS:
- Compatibility: Without being tested for compatibility with your NAS system, improved performance is not guaranteed
- Reliability: The always-on environment of a NAS or RAID is a hot one and desktop drives aren't typically tested in those conditions. WD Red is
- Error Recovery Controls: WD Red NAS hard drives are specifically designed with RAID error recovery control to help reduce failures within the NAS system. Desktop drives are not typically designed for RAID environments where this can be an issue
- Noise and Vibration Protection: Designed to operate solo, desktop drives offer little or no protection from the noise and vibration faced in a multi-drive system. WD Red drives are designed for multi-bay NAS systems
- WD Red for Home
- Stream, backup, share, and organize your digital content at home with a NAS and WD Red drives designed to share content to the devices in your home. Red NASware helps increase your drives' compatibility with your devices, TV, stereo, and more
- WD Red for Small Business
- WD Red is a good hard drive choice for 1 to 8 bay systems. NASware 3.0 allows for integration with your existing network so WD Red can share and backup files at the speed of your business. For larger businesses with up to 16 bays, use WD Red Pro
- 3D Active Balance Plus
- This helps ensure your data is protected from excessive vibration and noise in a NAS or RAID environment. This dual-plane balance control helps reduce the degradation of your drive over time
- Since your NAS system is always on, a reliable drive is essential. With an MTBF of up to 1 million hours, the WD Red drive with NASware 3.0 is designed for 24x7 environments
- Cooler Operations
- By reducing power consumption, the operating temperature of your NAS stays cooler. With a lower temperature in your system, you can create a more reliable solution for your NAS
- Drobo 5N 5-Bay NAS Storage Array with Gigabit Ethernet
Capacity 0-20TB (Drives not included) Array Type Desktop external Bays 5 Drive Types Supported SATA II/III, mSATA
Drives of mixed capacity, spindle speed, and/or cache can be used.
RAID BeyondRAID Desktop/Rackmount Desktop Status Indicator � Drive bay indicator lights
� Capacity gauge
� Status lights
Input and Output Connectors 1 x Gigabit Ethernet port Fan Single, fixed, variable speed cooling fan Security Kensington Lock Port for Security (lock not included) System Requirements �Mac OS X 10.7 and higher
�Windows 7 SP1 32 and 64 bit
�Windows 8 32 and 64 bit
Electrical Requirements AC Input - 100-240VAC~2A, 50-60Hz
DC Output - 12V, 12.5A, 150W max
Environmental Requirements Not specified by manufacturer Dimensions (WxHxD) 5.9 x 7.3 x 10.3" / 150.3 x 185.4 x 262.3mm Weight 8.5 lb (without hard drives, power supply, or packaging) Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 14.25 x 13.8 x 10.25"
- 5 x WD 6TB Red 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD
Product Specifications Capacity 6 TB Interface SATA III 6 Gb/s Form Factor 3.5" Advanced Format (AF) Yes Native Command Queuing Yes RoHS Compliant Yes Performance Data Transfer Rate (max) Interface Speed: 6 Gb/s
Internal Transfer Rate: 175 MB/s
Cache 64 MB Rotational Speed 5400 rpm Reliability / Data Integrity Load/Unload Cycles 600,000 Non-Recoverable Read Errors per Bits Read <1 in 10 14 MTBF 1,000,000 hours Average Power Requirements Read/Write: 5.3 W
Idle: 3.4 W
Standby/Sleep: 0.4 W
Environmental Specifications Temperature Operating: 32 to 149°F / 0 to 65°C
Non-Operating: -40 to 158°F / -40 to 70°C
Shock Operating (2 ms, read/write): 30 Gs
Operating (2 ms, read): 65 Gs
Non-Operating (2 ms): 250 Gs
Acoustics Idle: 25 dBA Seek (average): 28 dBA Physical Dimensions Dimensions 1.028 x 5.700 x 4.000" / 26.11 x 144.8 x 101.6 mm Weight 1.65 lb / 0.75 kg Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 9.0 x 6.1 x 2.8"
- 5N 5-Bay NAS Storage Array with Gigabit Ethernet
- 6' (1.8m) Ethernet Cable
- 6' (1.8m) Power Cord with Power Supply
- Quick Start Card
- 2 - Year Standard Warranty
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.