Drobo 5Dt 20TB (5 x 4TB) 5-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Kit with Drives
- 5 x 4TB 3.5" NAS Hard Drives
- 5 x 3.5" SATA III/II Drive Bays
- 1 x USB 3.0 and 2 x Thunderbolt 2 Ports
- Includes mSATA SSD for Performance
- BeyondRAID Technology
- Rechargeable Battery Helps Protect Data
- Variable-Speed Cooling Fan
- Includes Thunderbolt 2 & USB 3.0 Cables
- 3-Year DroboCare Included
- Windows & Mac Compatible
This B&H Kit comes with the Drobo 5Dt 5-Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Enclosure and five 4TB NAS hard drives to provide you with a Direct Attach Storage (DAS) solution. The included 4TB hard drives are designed to run 24x7 and provide a total capacity of 20TB. Once installed into the 5Dt's bays, you can configure these drives in a RAID array utilizing Drobo's BeyondRAID technology. In addition, the 5Dt (Turbo) edition is outfitted with a Drobo accelerator bay that sports an mSATA card for increased performance of up to 30% on streaming video and 3x read performance.
To keep up with the drive's enhanced performance, Drobo has equipped this enclosure with two Thunderbolt 2 ports, which provide daisy-chaining support as well as up to 20 Gb/s bi-directional data transfer speeds. Moreover, there is one USB 3.0 port for greater connectivity options with non-Thunderbolt systems.
- Drobo 5Dt 5-Bay Thunderbolt 2 Enclosure
Designed for media creators and data storage professionals who are looking for fast, expandable, and flexible data storage and protection for large media collections and performance demanding applications, as well as photo and video editing, the 5Dt 5-Bay Thunderbolt 2 Enclosure from Drobo is equipped with five 3.5" SATA drive bays that support SATA III 6 Gb/s and SATA II 3 Gb/s drives. Also known as the 5D Turbo Edition, this device distinguishes itself from the original Drobo 5D through the inclusion of Thunderbolt 2 technology, which is accessed through two integrated Thunderbolt 2 ports, which operate with bi-directional data transfer speeds of up to 20 Gb/s. While one of the Thunderbolt 2 ports is used to connect the 5Dt to your compatible Windows or Mac system, the second one is used to daisy-chain up to six Thunderbolt devices together, including one 4K display. There is also one USB 3.0 port, which transfers data at speeds up to 5 Gb/s.
To help complement the speeds of Thunderbolt 2, the 5Dt has been built with Drobo's Accelerator Bay, which uses an included mSATA SSD to boost system performance. It accomplishes this by placing data that is read or written into SSD storage. When the data is active, it is stored in the SSD, and will be moved back to the hard drive tier as its use decreases.
To facilitate data protection, Drobo's BeyondRAID technology enables single or dual-drive redundancy. If there are any empty drive bays, BeyondRAID allows additional drives to be inserted into the array, where they would be automatically configured. If all drive bays are occupied, simply replace the smallest capacity drive with a larger one and BeyondRAID will handle the rest. BeyondRAID is also what allows drives of varying capacities to work in the same unit, which helps enable future expansion as larger drives become available.
Additional data protection is provided by the included rechargeable battery, which helps protect data stored in the 5Dt's cache. If there were to be a sudden power loss, the battery allows the Drobo to stay powered long enough for the cached data to be written to non-volatile storage. Cooling is provided by a variable-speed fan and once installed, the hard drives can be configured to spin down when they're not in use, helping to further reduce noise and energy. Also, the LEDs can be dimmed to reduce light pollution when working in sensitive environments. The Drobo 5Dt also includes a 3.3' Thunderbolt 2 cable, a 5.9' USB 3.0 cable, a 100-240 VAC power supply that runs at 50-60 Hz, and a 5.9' power cord. Protection is provided by a limited 3-year DroboCare warranty, which may be renewed up to two times using Drobo's 1-year warranty renewal, for a total of five years of coverage.
- Built on Drobo's BeyondRAID technology, the 5Dt helps protect data without any intervention, even in the event of multiple drive failures. You can even switch from single to dual disk redundancy with a single click, ensuring enterprise-level dual parity data protection when required. Drobos with BeyondRAID are also self-healing and have virtual hot-spares. If a drive happens to fail, Drobo will automatically re-layout the data to return to a protected state without disruption.
Drobo takes the up front guess work out of determining the amount of capacity you require. Buy the capacity you need today, and when you need more storage, simply replace your smallest drive with a larger one and immediately use that capacity in seconds. You can even mix and match drive brands, capacities and speeds.
To further enhance your experience, every Drobo comes with Smart Volume technology. Smart Volumes are thinly provisioned volumes that automatically utilize capacity as needed from a common pool of storage. Additionally, as data is deleted, free capacity is returned to that common pool, immediately increasing the available capacity.
BeyondRAID along with Smart Volumes deliver next-generation storage technology by bringing together enhanced data protection, reliability, expandability, and ease-of-use.
- Enhanced Backup for Time Machine
- Apple's Time Machine was designed to make backing up your files simple and painless. Pairing Time Machine with Drobo improves your data protection by ensuring your data is safe in the event of hard drive failure.
Apple's guidelines are to set the storage space for Time Machine at twice the size of the Mac's hard drive that is to be protected. Time Machine users know that it will gradually use all available disk space without an easy way to stop this from happening. With Drobo you can easily control the maximum storage space available for Time Machine backups through Drobo Dashboard. When you install a Drobo, Drobo Dashboard prompts to see if you want to create a dedicated storage volume for Time Machine's use, allowing you to set the size of this volume.
- Compact, Expandable Design
- Expanding your storage capacity with a Drobo is user-friendly. There's no long or risky processes to add capacity to a Drobo and no need to go through the time consuming and complex administrations of destroying your RAID sets and recreating with larger drives; and then finally restoring from your backup. When it's time to add storage capacity to a Drobo, simply insert additional disk drives or replace the smallest disks with larger ones. The compact, carrier-less drive-bay design results in an attractive, efficient storage array that won't dominate your valuable desk space.
If you're running low on space, the lights on the front of the Drobo 5Dt tell you exactly what to do. The user-friendly industrial design allows you to add or hot-swap larger capacity drives, without tools, on the fly, for storage expansion with zero downtime. Expand your capacity without missing a beat while safely storing and backing up all personal data with ease and peace of mind.
- Capacity and Performance
- The Drobo 5Dt comes with an mSATA card included to enable the patented Drobo Accelerator Caching technology right out of the box. The Drobo Accelerator Cache keeps a copy of your most frequently accessed data so that it can be delivered even faster when you need it. The accelerator cache can speed up loading large photo libraries and other I/O intensive operations, smoothing out workflows and allowing you to start being productive sooner. To keep the capacity of your Drobo 5Dt at a maximum, the Drobo Accelerator Bay accepts an industry-standard mSATA SSD, leaving all five 3.5" drives bays available for high-capacity HDDs. If getting the fastest performance possible is your thing, you can also load up every drive bay with SSDs. The Drobo 5Dt gives you the flexibility to choose.
- Connectivity Without Compromise
- The Drobo 5Dt is a 5 bay direct attached storage array that offers Thunderbolt 2 and USB 3.0 connectivity. Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports allows you to simultaneously connect up to six Thunderbolt devices at once and will support one 4K display. With bi-directional 20 Gb/s performance, Thunderbolt 2 technology allows all devices in the chain to achieve increased throughput. USB 3.0 also offers high-performance connectivity up to 5 Gb/s and is backward compatible with virtually computer running qualified versions of Mac OS X or Windows.
- Power Protecting Your Critical Data
- The Drobo 5Dt doesn't just protect from drive failures, it also includes a battery backup system that protects all data in memory or cache. with Enterprise-grade data protection. If power spontaneously goes away, the Drobo stays alive long enough for the data to be written to disk, ensuring your important information is safe. The onboard battery recharges itself and is designed to last for the life of the product.
- The Drobo 5Dt is an enhanced "Turbo Edition" Drobo that includes 3-Year DroboCare coverage free of charge with product registration. DroboCare extends beyond the standard hardware warranty and, if something goes wrong, they will send you a replacement Drobo right away, so you'll have it as quickly as possible - even before you send them back your Drobo. Drobo calls it "Advanced Replacement"; they also expedite your shipment and pay for shipping both ways. With DroboCare, phone support is available 24×7, starting the day you activate DroboCare.
Please note that DroboCare does not cover failed hard drives.
- 5 x WD 4TB Red 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD
Designed with home and small office/business customers in mind, the 4TB Red 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD from WD is well-suited for NAS environments with up to eight 3.5" drive bays. Engineered to handle increased workloads, this 4TB drive operates using a SATA III 6 Gb/s interface, a 64MB cache, and a rotational speed of 5400 rpm, all of which help to ensure uninterrupted data transfers with a sustained rate of up to 150 MB/s. This drive also features high levels of reliability, with 600,000 load/unload cycles, <10 in 10 14 non-recoverable read errors per bits read, error recovery controls, and 1,000,000 hours MTBF for 1-8 bay NAS systems. Also built into this drive are noise and vibration protection and WD's NASware 3.0 helps increase system compatibility, allowing WD Red drives to be more easily integrated with your existing network infrastructure.
- Fill Your NAS with WD Red
- Built for 1 to 8-bay NAS systems, WD Red lets users store their data in one unit
- NASware 3.0 Technology
- Built into every WD Red hard drive, NASware 3.0's technology helps improves your system's storage performance by increasing compatibility, integration, upgradeability, and reliability
- Built for NAS Compatibility
- Desktop drives aren't purpose-built for NAS, but WD Red drives with NASware are. WD's technology helps takes the guesswork out of selecting a drive. WD Red is for small NAS systems and WD's algorithm balances performance and reliability in NAS and RAID environments
- Desktop Drives vs. WD Red
- Desktop hard drives are not designed for NAS environments. Do right by your NAS and choose a drive with an array of features to help preserve your data and maintain optimum performance. Take the following into consideration when choosing a hard drive for your NAS:
- Compatibility: Without being tested for compatibility with your NAS system, improved performance is not guaranteed
- Reliability: The always-on environment of a NAS or RAID is a hot one and desktop drives aren't typically tested in those conditions. WD Red is
- Error Recovery Controls: WD Red NAS hard drives are specifically designed with RAID error recovery control to help reduce failures within the NAS system. Desktop drives are not typically designed for RAID environments where this can be an issue
- Noise and Vibration Protection: Designed to operate solo, desktop drives offer little or no protection from the noise and vibration faced in a multi-drive system. WD Red drives are designed for multi-bay NAS systems
- WD Red for Home
- Stream, backup, share, and organize your digital content at home with a NAS and WD Red drives designed to share content to the devices in your home. Red NASware helps increase your drives' compatibility with your devices, TV, stereo, and more
- WD Red for Small Business
- WD Red is a good hard drive choice for 1 to 8 bay systems. NASware 3.0 allows for integration with your existing network so WD Red can share and backup files at the speed of your business. For larger businesses with up to 16 bays, use WD Red Pro
- 3D Active Balance Plus
- This helps ensure your data is protected from excessive vibration and noise in a NAS or RAID environment. This dual-plane balance control helps reduce the degradation of your drive over time
- Since your NAS system is always on, a reliable drive is essential. With an MTBF of up to 1 million hours, the WD Red drive with NASware 3.0 is designed for 24x7 environments
- Cooler Operations
- By reducing power consumption, the operating temperature of your NAS stays cooler. With a lower temperature in your system, you can create a more reliable solution for your NAS
- Drobo 5Dt 5-Bay Thunderbolt 2 Enclosure
- 2 x Thunderbolt 2 ports; second port for daisy chaining Thunderbolt devices, including 4K displays (Mac OS X only)
- 1 x USB 3.0 port
Drives and Expansion
- Up to five 3.5" SATA II/III hard disk drives or solid state drives (sold separately)
- One mSATA solid-state drive in the Drobo Accelerator Bay for increased performance (included)
- Drives of any manufacturer, capacity, spindle speed, and/or cache can be used. No carriers or tools required
- Expandable by adding drives or hot-swapping drives with larger ones. Use the Capacity Calculator to estimate available storage in various configurations
- Thin Provisioning
- Instant Expansion
- Mixed Drive Size Utilization
- Automatic Protection Levels
- Single - or Dual-Disk Redundancy
- Virtual Hot Spare
- Data Aware
- Drive Re-ordering
- Drive bay indicator lights, capacity gauge, status lights
- Drobo Dashboard version 2.8.1 or later
Operating System Support
- Mac OS X 10.9 or higher
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7 (32 & 64-bit)
File System Options
- Mac OS X: HFS+
- Windows: NTFS
Power and Cooling
- External Power Supply
- AC Input: 100-240 VAC, 2 A, 50-60 Hz
- DC Output: 12 V, 12.5 A, 150 W max
- Fixed, 120 mm variable speed cooling fan
Form Factor Desktop Color Black Dimensions 10.3 x 5.9 x 7.3" / 26.2 x 15.0 x 18.5 cm Weight 8.5 lb / 3.9 kg (without hard drives, power supply, or packaging) Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 13.4 x 12.4 x 10.1"
- 5 x WD 4TB Red 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD
Product Specifications Capacity 4 TB Interface SATA III 6 Gb/s Form Factor 3.5" Advanced Format (AF) Yes Native Command Queuing Yes RoHS Compliant Yes Performance Data Transfer Rate (max) Interface Speed: 6 Gb/s
Internal Transfer Rate: 150 MB/s
Cache 64 MB Rotational Speed 5400 rpm Reliability / Data Integrity Load/Unload Cycles 600,000 Non-Recoverable Read Errors per Bits Read <1 in 10 14 MTBF 1,000,000 hours Average Power Requirements Read/Write: 4.5 W
Idle: 3.3 W
Standby/Sleep: 0.4 W
Environmental Specifications Temperature Operating: 32 to 149°F / 0 to 65°C
Non-Operating: -40 to 158°F / -40 to 70°C
Shock Operating (2 ms, read/write): 30 Gs
Operating (2 ms, read): 65 Gs
Non-Operating (2 ms): 250 Gs
Acoustics Idle: 25 dBA Seek (average): 28 dBA Physical Dimensions Dimensions 1.028 x 5.700 x 4.000" / 26.11 x 144.8 x 101.6 mm Weight 1.50 lb / 0.68 kg Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 8.5 x 6.1 x 2.9"
- 5Dt 5-Bay Thunderbolt 2 Enclosure
- 3.3' / 1.0m Thunderbolt 2 Cable
- 5.9' / 1.8m USB 3.0 Cable
- 5.9' / 1.8m Power Cord
- Limited 1-Year Warranty in the US or Outside the EU
- Limited 2-Year Warranty in the EU
- Limited 3-Year DroboCare Warranty with 24x7 Phone Support (US and EU)
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.