Drobo 5D 30TB 5-Bay Professional Storage Array Kit with Drives (5 x 6TB)
- 30TB Storage Capacity with Drives
- Holds 5 x 3.5" SATA HDDs
- Holds 1 x mSATA SSD
- 2 x Thunderbolt / 1 x USB 3.0
- Hot Swappable Drives
- Battery Backed Memory
This B&H Kit comes with a Drobo 5D 5-Bay Professional Storage Array and five 6TB hard drives to provide you a Thunderbolt direct-attached storage solution for content managers or data archivists that need performance. With this kit, you can quickly deliver 30TB of raw capacity to your Thunderbolt- or USB-equipped computer without a difficult setup process of a NAS system. Once the drives are installed into the 5D's carrier-less drive bays, BeyondRAID technology guides you through the complexity of RAID configurations so you can easily manage and protect data. There's also an mSATA slot for an optional SSD, which transfers data faster than spinning drives. Moreover, the NAS-based drives are rated for 24x7 operations and consume less power when compared to everyday drives.
- Drobo 5D Professional Storage Array
If you haven't heard of the Drobo, you're probably not being as productive as you could be. The Drobo 5D is one of the easiest to use, simplest to maintain, and most effective enclosure bays in its field of data storage. The Drobo 5D offers room for up to five 3.5" SATA I/II/III drives and one mSATA solid state drive (drives sold separately). It handles drives from any manufacturer, at any capacity, spindle speed, and cache. You can add drives on the go - hot-swapping drives is not a problem for the Drobo 5D.
But what puts this unit ahead in the storage game are the dual Thunderbolt ports (Thunderbolt cable sold separately). We've talked about Thunderbolt before - it's 25 x faster than USB 2.0 - and its data transfer rates almost approach warp speed, but more importantly, for disk arrays of this size, it reliably and safely transfers big-project data across multiple disks. Imagine having to put a crucial 200GB file on a USB 2.0 drive, as you're late for an important meeting and running out the door. You'll be delayed for ten minutes or more, trust us. The same crucial information on a Thunderbolt attached drive - 20 seconds.
You can also daisy-chain up to six Thunderbolt devices and/or a non-Thunderbolt monitor at the end of the chain. And, the bi-directional 10 Gbps performance of Thunderbolt allows all devices in the chain to achieve maximum throughput.
But Thunderbolt isn't the only option. The Drobo 5D also sports USB 3.0 connections, which is still 12 x above the transfer rates for USB 2.0. This interface allows PC users to utilize the power of the Drobo 5D right out of the box.
The Drobo 5D also uses their proprietary Data-Aware Tiering technology, usually reserved for business-class storage solutions, but also available in this desktop Drobo. It intelligently uses the high-performance flash in SSDs to accelerate performance of the storage array, allowing applications such as Adobe Premiere and Apple Aperture fast access to data. If you want a total, all-out speed/storage solution, you could load all the bays with solid state drives. Minimal seek time, no drive spinning - pure zoom.
And the Drobo 5D is built on the BeyondRAID technology, which features single- or dual-drive redundancy. This added layer of protection will create mirrors of one drive so that you'll always have a backup. Paired with the ability to hot-swap drives, this conceivably allows you to formulate a game plan on the fly in the case of a drive failure or power outage.
Speaking of power outages, the Drobo 5D also includes a battery backup for all data in memory or cache, - anything on its way to the drives, in other words.
The design of the unit has you in mind as well -it's sleek, sturdy, and has a carrierless drive-bay design so that hard drives fit closer to each other, and the unit houses a significantly quieter variable-speed cooling fan.
The Drobo 5D is the perfect choice for content managers or data archivists that need speed and performance and room in one easy-to-use desktop enclosure.
- BeyondRAID Technology
- BeyondRaid Technology features single- or dual-drive redundancy. This added layer of protection will create mirrors of one drive so that you'll always have a backup.
- Data Aware Tiering
- Data-Aware Tiering technology, usually reserved for business-class storage solutions, is also available in this portable Drobo. It intelligently uses the high-performance flash in SSDs to accelerate performance of the storage array, allowing applications such as Adobe Premiere and Apple Aperture fast access to data.
- Thunderbolt and USB 3.0
- Drobo Mini is equipped with dual Thunderbolt ports for daisy chaining. Connect up to six Thunderbolt devices and/or a non-Thunderbolt monitor at the end of the chain. This allows even the most portable laptop computers access to high-performance storage while retaining connectivity to other devices and an external monitor. Drobo is the only storage array that offers Thunderbolt and USB 3.0. This latest USB also offers high-performance connectivity and is backward compatibility with computers running compatible versions of Mac OS X or Windows.
- Power and Critical Data
- Drobo doesn't just protect you from a drive failure, but also from potential data loss after a power outage. Drobo Mini includes a battery that protects all data in memory, or cache, that is, data on its way to the drives. When power spontaneously goes away, the battery keeps the Drobo alive long enough for the data to be written to nonvolatile storage. The battery recharges itself and is designed to last for the life of the product.
- Drobo 5D is also significantly quieter than previous-generation Drobos due to its tuned, large, variable-speed cooling fan. You can even configure Drobo to spin down drives when they're not in use to further reduce noise and save energy.
- 5 x WD 6TB Red 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD
Designed with home and small office/business customers in mind, the 6TB Red 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD from WD is well-suited for NAS environments with up to eight 3.5" drive bays. Engineered to handle increased workloads, this 6TB drive operates using a SATA III 6 Gb/s interface, a 64MB cache, and a rotational speed of 5400 rpm, all of which help to ensure uninterrupted data transfers with a sustained rate of up to 175 MB/s. This drive also features high levels of reliability, with 600,000 load/unload cycles, <10 in 10 14 non-recoverable read errors per bits read, error recovery controls, and 1,000,000 hours MTBF for 1-8 bay NAS systems. Also built into this drive are noise and vibration protection and WD's NASware 3.0 helps increase system compatibility, allowing WD Red drives to be more easily integrated with your existing network infrastructure.
- Fill Your NAS with WD Red
- Built for 1 to 8-bay NAS systems, WD Red lets users store their data in one unit
- NASware 3.0 Technology
- Built into every WD Red hard drive, NASware 3.0's technology helps improves your system's storage performance by increasing compatibility, integration, upgradeability, and reliability
- Built for NAS Compatibility
- Desktop drives aren't purpose-built for NAS, but WD Red drives with NASware are. WD's technology helps takes the guesswork out of selecting a drive. WD Red is for small NAS systems and WD's algorithm balances performance and reliability in NAS and RAID environments
- Desktop Drives vs. WD Red
- Desktop hard drives are not designed for NAS environments. Do right by your NAS and choose a drive with an array of features to help preserve your data and maintain optimum performance. Take the following into consideration when choosing a hard drive for your NAS:
- Compatibility: Without being tested for compatibility with your NAS system, improved performance is not guaranteed
- Reliability: The always-on environment of a NAS or RAID is a hot one and desktop drives aren't typically tested in those conditions. WD Red is
- Error Recovery Controls: WD Red NAS hard drives are specifically designed with RAID error recovery control to help reduce failures within the NAS system. Desktop drives are not typically designed for RAID environments where this can be an issue
- Noise and Vibration Protection: Designed to operate solo, desktop drives offer little or no protection from the noise and vibration faced in a multi-drive system. WD Red drives are designed for multi-bay NAS systems
- WD Red for Home
- Stream, backup, share, and organize your digital content at home with a NAS and WD Red drives designed to share content to the devices in your home. Red NASware helps increase your drives' compatibility with your devices, TV, stereo, and more
- WD Red for Small Business
- WD Red is a good hard drive choice for 1 to 8 bay systems. NASware 3.0 allows for integration with your existing network so WD Red can share and backup files at the speed of your business. For larger businesses with up to 16 bays, use WD Red Pro
- 3D Active Balance Plus
- This helps ensure your data is protected from excessive vibration and noise in a NAS or RAID environment. This dual-plane balance control helps reduce the degradation of your drive over time
- Since your NAS system is always on, a reliable drive is essential. With an MTBF of up to 1 million hours, the WD Red drive with NASware 3.0 is designed for 24x7 environments
- Cooler Operations
- By reducing power consumption, the operating temperature of your NAS stays cooler. With a lower temperature in your system, you can create a more reliable solution for your NAS
- Drobo 5D Professional Storage Array
Interface Thunderbolt (Mac only)
Drive Types Supported SATA I/II/II, mSATA System Requirements Mac OS X 10.7 and higher
Windows 7 SP1 32 and 64 bit
Windows 8 32 and 64 bit
Power Requirements AC Input - 100 to 240 VAC~2 A, 50-60 Hz
DC Output - 12V, 12.5 A, 150 W max
Dimensions (WxHxD) Width: 7.3 in x 5.9 x 10.3" / 150.3 x 185.4 x 262.3 mm Weight 8.5 lb / 3.86 kg (without hard drives, power supply, or packaging) Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 13.8 x 13.7 x 10.2"
- 5 x WD 6TB Red 5400 rpm SATA III 3.5" Internal NAS HDD
Product Specifications Capacity 6 TB Interface SATA III 6 Gb/s Form Factor 3.5" Advanced Format (AF) Yes Native Command Queuing Yes RoHS Compliant Yes Performance Data Transfer Rate (max) Interface Speed: 6 Gb/s
Internal Transfer Rate: 175 MB/s
Cache 64 MB Rotational Speed 5400 rpm Reliability / Data Integrity Load/Unload Cycles 600,000 Non-Recoverable Read Errors per Bits Read <1 in 10 14 MTBF 1,000,000 hours Average Power Requirements Read/Write: 5.3 W
Idle: 3.4 W
Standby/Sleep: 0.4 W
Environmental Specifications Temperature Operating: 32 to 149°F / 0 to 65°C
Non-Operating: -40 to 158°F / -40 to 70°C
Shock Operating (2 ms, read/write): 30 Gs
Operating (2 ms, read): 65 Gs
Non-Operating (2 ms): 250 Gs
Acoustics Idle: 25 dBA Seek (average): 28 dBA Physical Dimensions Dimensions 1.028 x 5.700 x 4.000" / 26.11 x 144.8 x 101.6 mm Weight 1.65 lb / 0.75 kg Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 9.0 x 6.1 x 2.8"
- 5D Professional Storage Array
- USB 3.0 Cable
- 6' power cord with power supply
- Quick Start Card
- Limited 2-Year Manufacturer Warranty
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.