DJI Ronin-M 3-Axis Gimbal Kit with Focus Wireless Follow Focus
- Supports Cameras Up to 8 Pounds
- Wireless Manual Focus Control
- Precision of Control: ±0.02°
- Up to 330' Range for Follow Focus
- Transmitter for Remote Pan/Tilt Control
- Tool-Less Balance Adjustment System
- Assistant Software for iOS and Windows
- Silent Mode For Quiet Operation
- USB and PowerTap Power Outputs
- Focus Fits Standard 15mm and 19mm Rods
The Ronin-M 3-Axis Gimbal Kit with Focus Wireless Follow Focus from DJI combines a powerful camera stabilization system with the ability for a second operator to control focus manually. The Ronon-M is designed to give the operator close to the freedom of unencumbered handheld shooting but without the hand shake. Suitable for most camera types and configurations up to 8 pounds, the Ronin-M uses brushless motors that work on three axes: one for side-to-side "roll" - keeping the horizon level - one for tilt, and one for pan. While it can be used solo, it benefits from a second operator who can control camera movement and focus while letting the gimbal operator concentrate on keeping the Ronin-M aimed in the right general direction while not tripping over obstacles.The included DJI Focus is a wireless follow focus system that integrates natively with the Ronin-M as well as other DJI Zenmuse series gimbals. The Focus features a handheld remote controller (transmitter) with a focus knob to give to the feel of a traditional mechanical follow focus. The wireless system sports a range of up to 330' line-of-sight with a delay of only 14ms.
For more information on the items in this kit, please follow the links below.
- DJI Ronin-M 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer
The Ronin-M 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer from DJI is a camera stabilization system designed to give the operator close to the freedom of unencumbered handheld shooting but without the hand-shake. Suitable for most camera types and configurations up to 8 pounds, the Ronin-M uses brushless motors that work on three axes: one for side-to-side "roll" - keeping the horizon level - one for tilt, and one for pan. The system is computer-controlled and features a tilt range of 105° up / 165° down plus a roll range of ±110°. Furthermore, the system boasts a precision of control of ±0.02°, enabling precise camera moves and stability correction against even very fine movements. In addition to handheld shooting, the gimbal can be used in vehicle mounting scenarios and other contexts where vibrations or other abrupt movements would make tripods and rigid camera support systems unsuitable.
The Ronin-M supports dual-operator shooting, much like working with a jib that has a motorized pan/tilt head. In this mode, a second operator would use the included transmitter (radio controller) to manually control camera pan and tilt independently of which way the Ronin-M itself moves. The included transmitter/receiver system operates on 2.4 GHz and is proprietary. If you prefer to use a third-party transmitter there is a D-Bus port on the Ronin-M to install your own receiver.
As with sled and vest style stabilizers, motorized gimbal systems require balancing before use. Once balanced, you can configure the Ronin-M for your particular camera arrangement using the Assistant Software for compatible iOS and Windows (Desktop) devices with Bluetooth. Because every camera and lens combination has a different mass and weight distribution, there is an ATS (Auto Tune Stability) procedure in which each axis will adjust individually, repeating the process until all three are aligned. A gimbal tuning stand is provided so you won't have to hand-hold the rig during this process.
The included 4S lithium-ion polymer battery powers the Ronin-M for up to six hours. It is a "smart" battery, meaning power regulation and protection circuitry is built-in and there is no separate balancing lead, unlike many lithium-polymer batteries. A charger is also included, and it is important to always use chargers designed for the Ronin-M battery because of the smart circuitry. Two 12V DC PowerTaps and one USB power port on the camera base allow you to power on-camera accessories directly from the Ronin-M battery to simplify your charging regime and avoid unnecessary added weight.
- For Cameras Up to 8 lb
- The Auto Configuration feature means the Ronin-M can adapt to a range of camera sizes, and is ideally suited for compact video cameras, mirrorless cameras, and DSLRs. It is suitable for payloads up to 8 pounds.
- SmoothTrack Control
- SmoothTrack gives a single gimbal operator the ability to translate their tilt and pan movements of the gimbal into smooth and stabilized movements of the camera's angle. This is designed to make framing of broad wide-angle scenes or even shooting in close quarters much easier during single gimbal operator use.
- Auto Configuration
- After balancing the camera with a simple tap of the ATS (Auto Tune Stability) button, Ronin-M will be automatically tuned for the mass and weight distribution of your camera rig. The gimbal will intelligently adjust parameters based on the camera rig's weight and independently adjust each of the three axes until an optimal setting is found.
- Three Operation Modes
- Upright Operation Mode
Upright Mode allows the gimbal to be flipped over so the camera can be operated closer to eye level without straining to lift the gimbal. This can be used in various situations, such mounting on the top of the vehicle.
Underslung (Suspended) Operation Mode
Suspended Operation Mode is the standard operation mode for Ronin-M. Low slung, close to the ground, or simply holding the gimbal in front of you offers stabilized handheld footage. This mode would also be used when mounted the gimbal on a flying platform such as a multirotor RC helicopter.
When a slimmer gimbal profile is needed - such as when moving through doorways or narrow paths - Briefcase Mode is ideal. It allows the gimbal to be held to the side and close to the legs, much like a briefcase.
- Second Operator Control
- Featuring the form factor of an RC aircraft radio controller, the 2.4 GHz Ronin transmitter provides pan and tilt control as well user-assignable speed settings and operation modes via two toggle switches. This allows one operator to hold the gimbal assembly while a second manually controls camera movement remotely. If you would rather use a third-party transmitter a D-bus port is provided as well.
- Optional Thumb Controller for Pan / Tilt
- Single thumb control is possible for the Ronin-M Handheld Gimbal System. These Pan and Tilt movements are controlled via the optional Thumb Controller attachment, available separately. Additionally, SmoothTrack Mode can be turned on or off using the Thumb Controller interface.
- Assistant Software for Mobile and Windows
- A mobile device or computer to run the Assistant Software is essential. It is available for select iOS mobile devices and Windows computers. With the software you can:
- Auto Configure the rig based on the weight and weight distribution of your camera after you've balanced it
- Adjust Smoothtrack tuning to user preference
- Enable and configure Second Operator Control
- Run diagnostics and generate stats
- Install firmware updates
The software can interface via USB or wirelessly over Bluetooth
- Tool-Free Adjustment
- A built-in balance adjustment system means no tools are needed for setup and adjustment, saving time when changing the setup for different camera arrangements.
- Universal Mounting
- Beside the handle bars, the gimbal unit can be detached for mounting on jibs, cranes, tripods, vehicle mounts, and other types of camera support equipment (additional mounting hardware, available separately, may be required).
- Solid Support Arm
- Increased rigidity is provided by a single, complete piece of fine-tooled magnesium that forms the U-shaped arm holding the camera plate. This unified design helps eliminate imperfection common in systems made of multiple pieces assembled together. The arm gives you not only greater stability but also reliability, as there is no potential for separate pieces to come loose or move apart
- Silent Mode
- When shooting indoors or in tight spaces, Silent Mode reduces the sound of each motor as low as possible. The Ronin-M's stabilization algorithms are updated to focus on minute changes and stabilization, helping ensure the sound of the motors is not recorded by sensitive microphones or other recording equipment
- Quick Release Smart Battery
- Providing an estimated 6 hours of run time (depending on use), the proprietary Ronin-M battery system is designed for easy changes in the field and charges using a dedicated charger that is included. The batteries feature indicators so remaining power can be checked directly on the battery itself. Unlike may lithium-polymer batteries, with the Ronin-M Smart Battery, overcharge and over depletion protection is built-in, as is individual battery cell charge balancing.
- Power Distribution Box
- Two regulated 12V DC PowerTaps, one 500mAh type A female USB connector, and also a connection point for the DJI Lightbridge Long Range HD Video Downlink are provided. These provide power connection for various accessories, including motorized follow focus systems, video transmitters, and more - all while keeping the wiring to a minimum.
- Quick Release Top Handle
- Designed to save time breaking the system down or transporting it between locations. Removing the handle bars can also be useful to reduce size when filming in tight locations.
- Based on Zenmuse Technology
- The Ronin-M adapts the same brushless motor technology used in DJI's aerial gimbals for handheld, terrestrial use.
- Wireless Thumb Controller for Ronin-M (Note: the Wireless Thumb Controller for Ronin is not compatible)
- Ronin-M Battery (Note: the Ronin Battery (3400mAh) is not compatible)
- Ronin Charger (same charger as used by original Ronin)
- Ronin-M Monitor/Accessory Mount
- Ronin-M Vertical Adjustment Arm Extension Kit (30mm)
- DJI Focus Wireless Follow Focus System
DJI's Focus is a wireless follow focus that integrates natively with the Zenmuse Z5 series of camera/gimbals systems and can be mounted on rigs equipped with 15mm or 19mm rods - including the Ronin and Ronin-M gimbals. The Focus features a handheld remote controller (transmitter) with a focus knob to give to the feel of a traditional mechanical follow focus. The wireless system sports a range of up to 330' line-of-sight with a delay of only 14ms.
- Control accuracy of ±0.002°
- Self-contained drive unit combines brushless motor and receiver in a single module - simplifying installation and requiring only a single power source
- Use with Inspire 1 Quadcopter carrying Zenmuse X5 or X5R camera
- Adjustable endpoints - ideal for lenses, such as photo lenses, that lack "hard" stops
- Programmable focus points and other parameters adjustable through controller menu
- OLED display on controller for menu access and status display
- Compatible with DJI's Ronin and Ronin-M gimbals
- Works with third-party gimbals or rigs that have 15mm or 19mm rod support
- Dual communication ports for future upgrades
- Built-in rosette for greater mounting flexibility
- DJI Ronin-M 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer
Performance Load Weight (Reference Value) 8 lb / 3.6 kg Angular Vibration Range ±0.02° Maximum Controlled Rotation Speed Pan Axis: 90°/s
Tilt Axis: 100°/s
Roll Axis: 30°/s
Mechanical Endpoint Range Pan Axis Control: 360°/s
Tilt Axis Control: +105° /-165°/s
Roll Axis Control: ± 110°/s
Controlled Rotation Range Pan Axis Control: 360°/s
Tilt Axis Control: +105° /-165°/s
Roll Axis Control: ± 25°/s
Electrical and Mechanical Motor Type 3 x Brushless Working Current Static Current: 300 mA (at 16 VDC)
Dynamic Current: 600 mA (at 16 VDC)
Locked Motor Current: 10 A maximum (at 16 VDC)
Sensors Independent IMU module
Processing 32-bit DSP processor Receiver Frequency 2.4 GHz Expandability D-Bus receiver supported Connectivity Wireless 2.4 GHz for transmitter (remote controller)
Wired 2 x 12 VDC regulated PowerTap
1 x USB power output (500 mW)
1 x DJI Lightbridge interface
System Requirements Assistant Software Desktop: Windows (32- or 64-bit): 8, 7, XP SP3
Mac OS X: 10.9 or above
iOS 7.0 or later
General Control Modes Underslung Mode
Supported Camera Dimensions Maximum depth at center of mass on camera base plate: 4.7" / 120 mm
Maximum height measured from top of camera base plate: 7.7" / 195 mm
Maximum width: 6.3" / 160 mm
Power Requirements 4S Ronin-M Battery Operating Temperature -5 to 122°F / -15 to 50°C Dimensions (W x D x H) 19.7 x 8.3 x 16.5" / 500 x 210 x 420 mm Weight 5.07 lb / 2.3 kg (fully loaded with handlebar) Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 18.8 x 12.5 x 11.5"
- DJI Focus Wireless Follow Focus System
Motor Maximum Speed 192 rpm Maximum Torque 0.26 Lb-In / 0.35 Nm Mounting 19 mm or 15 mm rods Gear Module: 0.8
Noise <25 dB (at 96 rpm) Power Consumption Static Current: 80 mA (at 12 V)
Stall Current: 2.5 A (at 12 V)
Power Requirements 9 to 16 VDC Dimensions 3.5 x 2 x 1" / 90 x 50 x 26 mm Weight 6 oz / 170 g Controller Battery Model: FB01-554461
Chemistry: Lithium-polymer (LiPo)
Capacity: 1700 mAh / 6.29 Wh
Voltage: 3.7 V
Dimensions 6 x 3.4 x 3.5" / 153 x 86 x 90 mm Weight 1.6 lb / 745 g Radio System Frequency 2.415 to 2.473 GHz Range 328.1' / 100 m Transmit Power 14 dBm General Operating Temperature -4 to 131°F / -20 to 55°C Packaging Info Box Dimensions (LxWxH) 12.7 x 10.7 x 5.7"
- Ronin-M 3-Axis Handheld Gimbal Stabilizer
- Ronin-M Transmitter (Controller)
- 2 x Intelligent Battery for Ronin-M (1580mAh)
- Battery Charger
- Handle Bar
- Tuning Stand
- Cable Pack
- Micro-USB Cable
- Camera Mounting Plate
- 2 x Camera Screw A (1/4"-20)
- 2 x Camera Screw B (3/8"-16)
- 2 x Camera Screw C (1/4"-20)
- 2 x Camera Screw D (3/8"-16)
- Lens Support Screw
- Lens Support
- 3 x Allen Wrenches
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.