DJI Ronin 3-Axis Brushless Gimbal Stabilizer
- Supports Cameras up to 16 Pounds
- Precision of Control: ±0.02°
- Transmitter for Remote Pan/Tilt Control
- Tool-Less Balance Adjustment System
- Assistant Software for iOS and Windows
- Bluetooth Wireless Interface for Setup
- 15mm Rods + Mount Points for Accessories
- USB and PowerTap Power Outputs
- Gimbal Tuning Stand Included
- Included Hard Case Holds Gimbal and More
The Ronin 3-Axis Brushless Gimbal Stabilizer from DJI is a camera stabilization system designed to give the operator close to the freedom of unencumbered handheld shooting but without the hand-shake. Suitable for most camera types and configurations up to 16 pounds, Ronin uses brushless motors that work on three axes: one for side-to-side "roll" - keeping the horizon level - one for tilt, and one for pan. The system is computer-controlled and boasts a precision of control of ±0.02°. An IMU (inertial measurement movement) detects movement and engages the motors to react, using algorithms to differentiate between intentional movement such as pans and tracking shots from unwanted shake. In addition to handheld shooting, the gimbal can be used in vehicle mounting scenarios and other contexts where vibrations or other abrupt movements would make tripods and rigid camera support systems unsuitable.
The Ronin supports dual-operator shooting, much like working with a jib that has a motorized pan/tilt head. In this mode, a second operator would use the included transmitter (radio controller) to manually control camera pan and tilt independently of which way the Ronin moves. The included transmitter/receiver system operates on 2.4 GHz and is proprietary. If you prefer to use a third-party transmitter there is a D-Bus port on the Ronin to install your own receiver.
As with sled and vest style stabilizers, motorized gimbal systems require balancing before use. Once balanced, you can configure the Ronin for your particular camera arrangement using the Assistant Software for compatible iOS and Windows (Desktop) devices with Bluetooth. Because every camera and lens combination has a different mass and weight distribution, there is an ATS (Auto Tune Stability) procedure in which each axis will adjust individually, repeating the process until all three are aligned. A gimbal tuning stand is provided so you won't have to hand-hold the rig during this process.
The included 4S lithium-ion polymer battery powers the Ronin for up to four hours. It is a "smart" battery, meaning power regulation and protection circuitry is built-in and there is no separate balancing lead, unlike many lithium-polymer batteries. A charger is also included, and it is important to always use chargers designed for the Ronin battery because of the smart circuitry. Two 12V DC PowerTaps and one USB power port on the camera base allow you to power on-camera accessories directly from the Ronin battery to simplify your charging regime and avoid unnecessary added weight.
A hard case is included to store and transport the gimbal and related accessories.
- Wide Camera/Lens Compatibility
- The Auto Configuration feature means the Ronin can adapt to a range of camera sizes from lightweight mirrorless models up to cinema cameras. It is suitable for payloads up to 16 pounds.
- SmoothTrack Control
- SmoothTrack gives a single gimbal operator the ability to translate their tilt and pan movements of the gimbal into smooth and stabilized movements of the camera's angle. This is designed to make framing of broad wide-angle scenes or even shooting in close quarters much easier during single gimbal operator use.
- Auto Configuration
- After balancing the camera with a simple tap of the ATS (Auto Tune Stability) button, Ronin will be automatically tuned for the mass and weight distribution of your camera rig. The gimbal will intelligently adjust parameters based on the camera rig's weight and independently adjust each of the three axes until an optimal setting is found.
- Three Operation Modes
- Upright Operation Mode
Upright Mode allows the gimbal to be flipped over so the camera can be operated closer to eye level without straining to lift the gimbal. This can be used in various situations, such mounting on the top of the vehicle.
Underslung (Suspended) Operation Mode
Suspended Operation Mode is the standard operation mode for Ronin. Low slung, close to the ground, or simply holding the gimbal in front of you offers stabilized handheld footage. This mode would also be used when mounted the gimbal on a flying platform such as a multirotor RC helicopter.
When a slimmer gimbal profile is needed - such as when moving through doorways or narrow paths - Briefcase Mode is ideal. It allows the gimbal to be held to the side and close to the legs, much like a briefcase.
- Second Operator Control
- A second operator transmitter (radio controller) is included with the package. Featuring the form factor of an RC aircraft radio controller, the 2.4 GHz Ronin transmitter provides pan and tilt control as well user-assignable speed settings and operation modes via two toggle switches. If you would rather use a third-party transmitter a D-bus port is provided.
- Optional Joystick Pan/Tilt
- Single thumb control is possible for the Ronin Handheld Gimbal System. These Pan and Tilt movements are controlled via the optional joystick attachment, available separately. Additionally, SmoothTrack Mode can be turned on or off using the joystick interface.
- Assistant Software for Mobile and Windows
- A mobile device or computer to run the Assistant Software is essential. It is available for select iOS mobile devices and Windows computers. With the software you can:
- Auto Configure the rig based on the weight and weight distribution of your camera after you've balanced it
- Adjust Smoothtrack tuning to user preference
- Enable and configure Second Operator Control
- Run diagnostics and generate stats
- Install firmware updates
- Tool-Free Adjustment
- A built-in balance adjustment system means no tools are needed for setup and adjustment, saving time when changing the setup for different camera arrangements.
- Accessory Mounting
- Dual 15mm (LWS) rods are incorporated for adding follow focuses or matte boxes. Meanwhile top bar accessory mounts let you attach field monitors, lights, microphones, recorders, and other "camera-mounted" accessories.
- Quick Release Smart Battery
- Providing an estimated 4 hours of run time (depending on use), the proprietary Ronin battery system is designed for easy changes in the field and charges using a dedicated charger that is included. The batteries feature indicators so remaining power can be checked directly on the battery itself. Unlike may lithium-polymer batteries, with the Ronin Smart Battery, overcharge and over depletion protection is built-in, as is individual battery cell charge balancing.
- Power Distribution Box
- Two regulated 12V DC PowerTaps, one 500mAh type A female USB connector, and also a connection point for the DJI Lightbridge Long Range HD Video Downlink are provided. These provide power connection for various accessories, including motorized follow focus systems, video transmitters, and more - all while keeping the wiring to a minimum.
- Quick Release Top Handle
- Designed to save time breaking the system down or transporting it between locations.
- Protective Carrying Case Included
- A watertight, hardshell case with wheels is included for transporting and storing the Ronin. The case features a custom-fitted foam interior with spaces for the disassembled Ronin, transmitter, and two batteries with room leftover for sundry accessories.
- Based on Zenmuse Technology
- The Ronin adapts the same brushless motor technology used in DJI's aerial gimbals for handheld, terrestrial use.
- Aircraft-Grade Aluminum Construction
- Built with taxing professional shoots in mind, the Ronin is designed for durability and features integrated cable management to avoid cable ties or loops that can get snagged.
- Digital Absolute Positioning Encoders
- Implemented at each axis, these help the Ronin achieve a control accuracy of ±0.02%.
- Wireless Thumb Controller for Ronin ( Note: The Wireless Thumb Controller for Ronin-M is not compatible)
- Ronin Battery (3400mAh) ( Note: The Ronin-M battery is not compatible)
- Ronin Battery Charger
- Ronin Remote Controller
- B Arm Kit for Ronin (50 and 80mm)
- Ronin HG900 Counter-Weight Set
- Ronin Dual 15mm Rod Support
- Ronin Monitor Mounting Bracket A
- Ronin Universal Mount
- Ronin Universal Camera Plate
|Electrical and Mechanical|
|Motor Type||3 x Brushless|
|Working Current|| Static Current: 300 mA at 16 V |
Dynamic Current: 600 mA at 16 V
Locked Motor Current: Maximum of 10 A at 16 V
|Sensors|| IMU (inertial measurement unit) |
|Processing||DJI 32-bit DSP processor|
|Precision of Control||±0.02°|
|Maximum Controlled Rotation Speed|| Pan Axis: 90°/sec |
Tilt Axis: 100°/sec
Roll Axis: 30°/sec
|Controlled Rotation Range|| Pan Axis Control: 360° |
Tilt Axis Control: 45° up to 120° down
Roll Axis control: ±25°
|Frequency||2.4 GHz for proprietary Ronin transmitter|
|Expandability||1 x Expansion port for third-party D-Bus/PPM receiver|
|Wireless||Bluetooth for Assistant Software|
|Wired||1 x Interface for DJI Lightbridge|
|Assistant Software|| Desktop |
Windows (32- or 64-bit): 8, 7, XP SP3
iOS: 7.1 or above
Android: 4.3 or above
|Hardware|| Mobile |
iPhone: 4s, 5, 5s
iPod touch: 4, 5
iPad: 3, 4, mini
|Supported Camera Dimensions|| Maximum depth at center of mass on camera base plate: 5.5" / 140 mm |
Maximum height measured from top of camera base plate: 8.9" / 225 mm
Maximum width: 7.7" / 195 mm
|Supported Camera Weight||Up to 16 lb / 7.3 kg|
|Power Requirements|| Battery Type: Ronin 4S |
Battery Life: Up to 4 hours
|Power Output|| 2 x PowerTap with regulated 12 VDC output |
1 x USB type A female supplying 500 mW
|Operating Temperature||5 to 120°F / -15 to 50°C|
|Dimensions (W x D x H)||24.4 x 11 to 18 x 19.7" / 620 x 280 to 380 x 500 mm|
|Weight||9.3 lb / 4.2 kg|
|Package Weight||51.0 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||30.0 x 20.0 x 14.0"|
B&H Hands-on Learning with the
DJI Ronin 3-Axis Brushless Gimbal Stabilizer 00:07:31
- DJI Ronin - Installation & Balancing Tutorial 7:31
Now Playing: 1. DJI Ronin - Installation & Balancing Tutorial
ON Auto-advance is
- Ronin Transmitter (Radio Controller)
- Gimbal Tuning Stand
- Smart Battery for Ronin
- Ronin Battery Charger (Part 6)
- ANSI Power Cord
- JIS Power Cord
- CE Power Cord
- SAA Plug Adapter
- BS Plug Adapter
- Micro-USB Cable
- Camera Mounting Plate
- Extension Rod Holder
- 6 x Adjustable Length Extension Rod
- 2 x Camera Screw A
- 2 x Camera Screw B
- 2 x M4x10 Screw
- Lens Support Screw
- Lens Support
- 2 x Top Bar Quick Release Accessories Mount
- Allen Wrench
- Wheeled Hard Case for Ronin (Part 23)
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.