Coronado SolarMax II 60 60mm f/6.6 H-alpha Double-Stack Solar Telescope (5mm Blocking, OTA Only)
- Double-Stacked H-Alpha Etalons
- Patented RichView Tuning
- Improves Surface and Prominence Contrast
- 400mm f/6.6 Solar Viewing Refractor
- 5mm Secondary Rear Blocking Filter
- 0.7-0.5? Hydrogen-Alpha Wavelength
- Sol Ranger Solar Finder
- 1.25" Helical Focuser, 25mm Eyepiece
- Clamshell Mounting Ring
- OTA Only - Mount and Tripod Required
Coronado 's versatile SolarMax II 60 60mm f/6.6 H-alpha Double-Stack Solar Telescope is calibrated for the hydrogen-alpha wavelength, and comes equipped with their RichView tuning system. This system allows direct adjustment of the primary etalon filter enabling it to be tuned up or down from the 6562.8? wavelength for highlighting specific zones of the chromosphere and to compensate for Doppler shift that can pull prominences and other features off-band and affect views. Tuning areas of concentration back on-band, allows for higher-contrast views of prominences on the solar limb.
Its primary internal etalon provides a bandpass of 0.7? which will reveal prominences in high contrast. Prominences generally appear larger with this size filter than in narrower bandwidths. This version of the SolarMax II comes with a secondary etalon that fits on the front of the OTA and narrows the bandpass to 0.5 Angstroms. At this bandpass, surface contrast is improved versus wider bandpasses. This ability to change the bandpass allows users to see more areas of the Sun than with a single-etalon solar scope. Complementing the etalon filters is a rear 90° 5mm blocking filter. This secondary filter further isolates the H-alpha wavelength to improve contrast and enhance views.
The SolarMax II is offered here without a mount or tripod, but comes with a wide clamshell mounting ring that is outfitted with a 1/4"-20 socket for attachment onto many photo/video/field tripods or on piggyback rigs, or an optional Vixen-style dovetail plate is available for use with conventional alt-az, EQ, or motorized telescope mounts.
- 60mm aperture
- f/6.6 focal ratio
- 400mm focal length
- Refractor-style lens configuration
- Solar Filter
- Designed for viewing in the hydrogen-alpha wavelength (6562.8?)
- Versatile etalon configurations enables easy viewing of both surface detail and prominences
- Internal primary etalon blocking filter provides a 0.7? bandpass
- Narrower 0.5? bandpass when using included front secondary etalon
- Rear 5mm diagonal secondary blocking filter
- Proprietary RichView tuning system enablesthe internal etalon to be tuned for Doppler compensation or to highlight specific zones
- Thermal stability: 0.005?/°C
- Included Cemax Eyepiece
- 1.25" diameter barrel
- 25mm focal length yields 16x
- 52° field of view
- Fold-down rubber eyecup for use with or without eyewear
- Designed specifically for use at H-alpha wavelengths
- 20mm eye relief
- Use and Handling
- 1.25" diameter drawtube
- Helical focuser with easy-to-use focus collar
- Sol Range solar viewfinder enables safe aiming of the OTA at the Sun
- Included carrying case keeps OTA safe during transportation and storage
- Mount and tripod required
- Mounting ring allows the relative position of the OTA to the mount to be adjusted for comfort and limit obstruction
- Clamshell mounting ring with 1/4"-20 mount for using photo/video/field tripods or piggyback rigs
- Optional Vixen-style dovetail plate available for use with conventional telescope mounts
|Focal Length||400 mm|
|Bandwidth|| Hydrogen-alpha, 6562.8 ? |
Single-etalon: <0.7 ?
Double-stacked etalons: <0.5 ?
|Thermal Stability||0.005 ?/°C|
|Mount||Clamshell ring with 1/4"-20 mount|
|Length||16.75" / 42.5 cm|
|Weight||6.0 lb/ 2.7 kg|
|Package Weight||13.9 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||28.0 x 11.15 x 9.75"|
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.