Buffalo TeraStation 5400DN 24TB (4 x 6TB) Four-Bay NAS
- 4 x 6TB 3.5" NAS Hard Drives
- Four Hot-Swappable Drive Bays
- Gigabit LAN / USB 3.0 / USB 2.0
- RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, and JBOD
- 1.86 GHz Intel Atom D2550 Dual-Core
- 2GB of DDR3 RAM
- Eleven Licenses of NovaBACKUP
- Windows and Mac Compatible
The Buffalo TeraStation 5400DN 24TB (4 x 6TB) Four-Bay NAS comes with NAS hard drives that offer your Windows and Mac system a total storage capacity of 24TB. These drives can be set in various RAID configurations to provide you with data versatility. While a two-drive NAS system is limited to a RAID 0 or 1 setup, the 5400DN has four drives that allow you utilize a RAID 10 array, which mirrors two sets of drives and combines them into a single array. Other notable configurations are RAID 5 and 6, which will stripe the drives with parity for an efficient blend of fault tolerance and storage capacity. The drive bays are armed with the hot-swap feature so you may replace a hard drive without powering down the TeraStation. You may also utilize the 5400DN as a NAS with iSCSI target functionality for virtualized environments.
The TeraStation 5400DN is preinstalled with the Buffalo TeraStation NAS operating system, which runs on a 1.86 GHz Intel Atom D2550 processor along with 2GB of DDR3 RAM. This software program delivers a host of business-class features that lets you use the TeraStation for managing, sharing, and backing up data. In addition, you get NovaBACKUP Buffalo edition that includes one server license and ten workstation licenses for a complete, all-in-one data protection solution for PCs and Windows servers. For interfaces, the TeraStation 5400DN features two Gigabit Ethernet, two USB 3.0, and two USB 2.0 ports. Aside from these features, the 5400DN is outfitted with off-site replication technology as well as port trunking.
- TeraStation NAS System
- The TeraStation 5400DN runs on Buffalo's TeraStation NAS System, providing a host of business-class features such as network file sharing, security, RAID management, remote access, and more. Managing data, backups, and data sharing in a production environment or larger business is made easy with this NAS operating system.
- Data Protection and Backup
- Buffalo provides eleven licenses of NovaBACKUP Buffalo Edition (one server and ten workstations), offering a complete, all-in-one data protection solution for PCs and Windows-based servers. You will also receive TeraNavigator, NASNavigator 2, and Adobe Reader.
The TeraStation 5400DN features Buffalo's replication technology, providing easy and high performance data replication from one Buffalo NAS device to another Buffalo NAS device over the network or the Internet. This delivers real-time synchronous replication of data, providing easy and continuous data protection in the event of data loss. If your system configuration includes data replication from one TeraStation 5400DN unit to another, you can set up fail-over to automatically switch main operation over to the redundant TeraStation if the main unit ever becomes inaccessible. Within a minute, the backup TeraStation automatically assumes the role of the main TeraStation 5400DN with no disruption and no IT intervention. Data can be continuously accessed without any notice of the fail-over.
- Reliable and Secure
- The TeraStation 5400DN offers high capacity, highly available storage accessibility among multiple platforms for seamless centralized storage and backup. Create user and group profiles as well as a control folder with file access to protect business critical content and privacy. It comes with multiple levels of RAID that provide continuous data protection and increased fault tolerance and data availability.
- RAID 0 - combines all drives into a single array offering maximum capacity with no redundancy
- RAID 1 - mirrors two arrays, creating an exact copy of data for fault tolerance
- RAID 5 - stripes the data across all four drives, interspersing parity data to provide an efficient blend of fault tolerance and storage capacity
- RAID 6 - stripes the data across all four drives but with double distributed parity, allowing up to two drives to fail without suffering data loss
- RAID 10 - mirrors two sets of hard drives and combines them into a single array, striping data across all mirrored sets for fault tolerance and increased performance
- Port Trunking
- The two integrated Ethernet ports support port trunking, which offers higher performance by utilizing the bandwidth of both ports simultaneously as well as fault tolerance in the event of a port failure.
- Remote File Access
- The TeraStation 5400DN offers multiple ways to remotely access and share your important data for enhanced collaboration and productivity. With WebAccess and FTP/SFTP servers, you can securely access and share files with anyone outside the local network. Trusted recipients can access selected files from anywhere over the Internet. In addition, WebAccess enables you to access files remotely from tablet and smartphone devices.
- Hot-Swap Hard Drives
- The hot-swap feature lets you to replace a hard drive in the event of failure without powering down the device. You can remove the defective drive and insert the new drive, allowing the data to be rebuilt while still being available to clients on the network with zero downtime.
- Hot-Spare Hard Drive
- One of the hard drives in the RAID array can be designated as a hot spare. In the event of a hard drive failure, the hot-spare hard drive will automatically be rebuilt with the information contained on the failed drive with seamless data accessibility to clients on the network.
- Storage Virtualization
- Configuring the TeraStation 5400DN as an iSCSI target adds affordable virtualized storage to your business network. Storage virtualization serves to decrease IT spending by maximizing the resources offered by modern servers while providing affordable server scalability and reliability. A virtualized environment removes a significant amount of server dependence, shifting the burden to the storage devices.
- Cloud Storage Backup
- You may back up mission-critical data to online cloud storage sites for offsite backup. This adds an extra layer of protection against data loss due to environmental disasters or equipment failures at your primary location.
|Processor||1.86 GHz Intel Atom D2550 Dual-Core|
|Memory||2 GB of DDR3|
|Drives||4 x 6 TB NAS hard drives|
|Drive Interface||SATA 3 Gbps|
|Supported RAID Levels||0/1/5/6/10/JBOD|
|Standards and Compliance||IEEE802.3 (10BASE-T), IEEE802.3u (100BASE-TX), IEEE802.3ab (1000BASE-T), AUTO-MDIX|
|LAN||2 x RJ-45 10/100/1000 Mbps (autosensing)|
|Network File Services||CIFS/SMB, AFP, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP/SFTP, NFS|
|Standards Compliance||USB 3.0, USB 2.0|
|Number of Ports|| 2 x USB 3.0 (5 Gbps) |
2 x USB 2.0 (480 Mbps)
|Power|| 86 W (max) |
Internal 100 to 240 VAC, universal 50/60 Hz
|Environmental|| Operating Temperature: 41 to 95°F / 5 to 35°C |
Operating Humidity: 20 to 80% non-condensing
|OS Supported|| Windows 10 |
Windows 8.1 (32-bit/64-bit)
Windows 8 (32-bit/64-bit)
Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit)
Windows Vista (32-bit/64-bit)
Windows Server 2012
Windows Server 2012R2
Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2008R2
Windows Server 2003
Windows Server 2003R2
Mac OS X 10.5 or later
|Dimensions (L x W x H)||9.1 x 6.7 x 8.5" / 23.1 x 17.0 x 21.6 cm|
|Weight||17.6 lb / 8.0 kg|
|Package Weight||19.0 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||14.6 x 14.2 x 12.5"|
- Utility CD
- Ethernet Cable
- AC Cable
- Front-Panel Key
- Limited 3-Year Warranty
| Tanotis uses Payumoney as a payment gateway, We receive the amount paid by customer only when we deliver the product.
1. You make the payment.
2. Money is held with Payumoney.
3. Money is released to us only when the product is delivered to you.