- Used for Infrared Photography
- Blocks Visible Light Up To 650nm
- Passes 90% of Radiation From 730-2000nm
- Rugged Black Brass Filter Ring
- High Quality Schott Glass
The B+W 39mm IR Dark Red (092) Filter is used for infrared photography with digital cameras and specialized infrared films. This nearly opaque filter blocks all visible light up to 650nm, lets 50% of radiation pass between 650 and 700nm, and more than 90% of radiation pass between 730 and 2000nm. Infrared film sensitivity is rarely greater than 1000nm, so this filter essentially allows most perceivable infrared radiation to be transmitted. Due to the nature of infrared photography, the filter factor for this filter is highly variable and depends largely on your film sensitivity and lighting conditions.
B+W filters are constructed from high quality Schott glass for increased optical clarity and color fidelity. They feature a brass filter ring for durability as well as jamming prevention.
- Used for infrared photography applications with digital cameras and specialized IR films.
- Blocks all visible light up to 650nm while allowing 90% radiation transmission between 730-2000nm.
- Variable filter factor depending on your film sensitivity and lighting conditions.
- Constructed from high quality Schott glass for optical clarity.
- Brass filter ring helps to prevent jamming and provides additional strength.
|Type ||Infrared |
|Size ||39 mm |
|Grade ||092 (equivalent to 89B) |
|Filter Factor ||Variable (depending on film sensitivity and lighting conditions) |
|Effect ||Blocks visible light up to 650nm |
|Application ||Infrared photography |
|Construction ||Schott Glass |
|Front Filter Thread Size ||39 mm |
|Front Lens Cap Size ||39 mm |
| Packaging Info |
|Package Weight ||0.15 lb |
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH) ||2.6 x 2.6 x 0.8" |
In the Box
B+W 39mm IR Dark Red (092) Filter
All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.